• Show
Clear All

a $400 SKS is better then a $600 CA legal AK
    1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
    willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
      a $400 SKS is better then a $600 CA legal AK
      yea both seem hard to find in good supply online i guess i should just go to my local gun store and see if they can order, or have one in stock for me.

Comment

dont pay more then the average on gunbroker or somewhere similar. Gun shows seem to think WASRs and SKS's are worth $700 and Mosins are worth $350
        willschnitz

Comment

well i think i might have found something that is actually in stock! right at $600.

http://www.centerfiresystems.com/RI0022.aspx

Comment

My grandfather's Browning Hi-Power in 9mm. Made in 1968. Beautiful shooting gun.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
            Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
            Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
            Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

I picked up a Ruger 10/22 Takedown over the weekend. Sweet little gun.
              Instagram
              sigpic
              Current: 99 M3
              Past: 84 325e, 84 528e

Comment

Originally posted by kickinindian View Post
                well i think i might have found something that is actually in stock! right at $600.

ask about returns before you buy it. And when you get it make sure sights are not canted.
                willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by kickinindian View Post

It doesn't say who the manufacturer is. if its I.O. Inc. (Interordnance) STAY THE FUCK AWAY. they are garbage.
                  Last edited by AwakenNoMore; 01-26-2016, 08:56 AM.
                  1991 325i - "Scambles" The Daily Driven lightly modded.
                  1988 Mazda RX-7 TII "Mako" The Free Dorito
                  bacon by Jared Laabs, on Flickr

Comment

looks like a CAI variant to me, all the cheap AKs are fine if you want a cheap AK, just check it first.

The best Cheapo AK is still the WASR from atlantic:

"quick check" inspected lol
                    willschnitz

Comment

Picked up the Crimson Trace laser for the xds. Got it sighted in, excited to try it out soonClick image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	107.4 KB
ID:	7181953
                      '84 Alpine 325e (Gone)
                      '91 Alpine 318i (Gone) Click Here
                      '92 Alpine 325i Cabrio (Gone) Click Here
                      '91 Alpine 318is

Comment

Tha high power is sweeeeet.

How does the crimson trace stay on there? It clip into the rail and have tabs over the triggerguard?
                        -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
                        08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
                        318iS, slow build/garage queen...
                        '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
                        Originally posted by roguetoaster
                        Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Originally posted by DER E30 View Post

How does the crimson trace stay on there? It clip into the rail and have tabs over the triggerguard?
                          Yeah pretty much, it's molded to to curl over the trigger guard when you put the two halves together. There's two small screws that tighten the sides together
                          '84 Alpine 325e (Gone)
                          '91 Alpine 318i (Gone) Click Here
                          '92 Alpine 325i Cabrio (Gone) Click Here
                          '91 Alpine 318is

Comment

Well, the Spikes lower is a sloppy pos.

Both my 8.5" and 16" upper are sloppy (pistol Spikes lower). 16" upper on the Colt lower is tight, zero play.

Maybe I'm just being OCD? On the other hand, it makes me very glad I filed the form 1 on the Colt lower.

Also, surprised how easy assembling a stripped lower was.

EDIT: The more I'm handling it the less it bothers me, it's not bad, just not great either. For $80 plus the $30 transfer I can't complain too much. Definitely a learning experience though, you aren't just paying for the name with higher end parts. I think for future builds I'll skip the sub $100 receivers.

(No stocks on hand other than the one on the rifle, a friend is holding it until the stamp comes back. This way, the lower is completely assembled and castle nut is staked. I'm going to throw some shrink tubing over it anyway in the mean time.)

Last edited by Exodus_2pt0; 01-26-2016, 08:31 PM.
                            No E30 Club
                            Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                            Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

That thing is a badass!

Does anyone own a new Walther CCP? I'd love to hear thoughts about it. I can't find one locally as they are always sold out.

I think I've narrowed my search to this model and the Smith & Wesson m&p shield.
                              sigpic
                              Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                              92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                              88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                              88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                              87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                              12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

I love the smell of fresh burned powder!

Put 120 rounds through the Colt, 40 rounds through the Frankenstein 300, about 50 through my G17, and about 50 through my Xd mod.2 45.

Everything went bang every time. The 300 is a sweetheart, very little recoil and honestly less of a report than my 16" 5.56. The guy next to me made it a point to tell me that it was a non-issue. (I warned him I was going to be firing an 8.5" rifle with brake.). Very fun gun to shoot, I'll need to start reloading.

Mod.2 was awesome as well. Pleasure to shoot, and very accurate. Will be carrying it quite a bit I suspect.

G17 is my new favorite. I didn't go past 25 yards, but I was amazed at what it could do at that range.

So my wallet is a bit lighter, and I might go for an annual membership at the range I went to tonight. Really cool place.
                                No E30 Club
                                Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                                Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Working...
                                X