No announcement yet.

Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's nothing practical about using a 30 cal at those distances!

An interesting carcass found under the gong at 115x. Not far past its transition so an unfair gauge of stability, but needless to say it was flying fairly straight.

Along with a VERY lucky shot at 1150 corrected off of 1k data. Admittedly I'd struggle to do this twice with unlimited ammo and lots of daylight left. Mine on centre, friends 22-250 just to the left.

Attached Files
    Last edited by cale; 03-23-2017, 09:08 PM.

Comment

Hey now that's cool, some projectiles get just a little wobbly at that tarnsonic transition, othere just flip out. Yours may have been all the way through or just staring it's transit. I would try again but back up about another 200 and see waht kinda marks you get on the gong
      Given the splash patter and distortion your still carrying decent energy at that distance
      Originally posted by Fusion
      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
      William Pitt-

Comment

Yes they do, factory loaded 168 SMK's proved to struggle quite a bit at those distances, many coming in sideways.

Comment

Originally posted by doorman View Post
          New savage 22!!

3-9x40 scope included. $214 on Grab A Gun

Bipod I snagged from Amazon for $18

Still gotta get to the local range and dial her in.

I've organized a range trip April 1st with about ten friends.

Bringing my dad's RV for the day so we've got a place to hang out and eat. My old mans makin chili!!

Any of you Chicago/northwest Indiana/lower Michigan guys shoot me a PM if interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now you got me looking at .22 damnit. I need a fun, cheap plinker.

Any thoughts on this?

Seems like a great price, and would be cheaper than modifying a 10/22.
          No E30 Club
          Originally posted by MrBurgundy
          Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
            Now you got me looking at .22 damnit. I need a fun, cheap plinker.

Any thoughts on this?

Seems like a great price, and would be cheaper than modifying a 10/22.
            Check Grab A Gun too.

Savage gets lots of good reviews.

I've seen a few reviews on that rifle. They all seem positive.

Comment

+1 for grabagun

The ruger american rifles are pretty good as well.
              1990 325is
              m52b28
              3.73lsd
              g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
                +1 for grabagun

The ruger american rifles are pretty good as well.
                CZ is supposed to be really nice as well.

Personally I figure a 22 is more of a "stepping stone" or something for new shooters.

Couldn't justify more then $300 personally.

Gotta save up for the socom 16.......

Comment

.22 is fun for everyone!

The Savage caught my eye for the heavy threaded barrel. Since I can take my silencer apart, couldn't hurt to use it on there as well.

I do agree though, it's not a caliber that warrants a large investment. The cheap price is what makes them great. What are they, 10c a round? Plus, it will serve a great purpose to get the kids shooting.
                  No E30 Club
                  Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Found my .22. asked my LGS about the Savage and they brought this to my attention.

Ruger American Rimfire with threaded barrel.

I was convinced as soon as I got my hands on it. I've read that the Savage offers a little better accuracy, but I have a feeling this will hold up better over time. Adjustable stock with a extra raised insert for optics, cold hammer forged barrel, iron sights with fiber optic front, 10/22 mags.

Also ordered a Simmons 4x scope off Amazon for $35.

Pretty excited to try it out. Also have a flashhider that will let me put my can on it, but I didn't realize how cheap .22 dedicated cans are, and much more compact. Might have one in my future.
                    No E30 Club

Comment

If you're wanting a 22 can, get the Dead Air Mask or the SilencerCo Spectre II. Both of those are seen as the best and the Mask being the better one of the two.

If I had found a ruger american rimfire I would have went that route instead of the savage.
                      1990 325is
                      m52b28
                      3.73lsd
                      g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

I've heard alot about dead air, will check them out.

Anybody ever use .22 subs on small game? Made a bullet stop in the garage and tried out my can on it, in the garage it seemed very quiet. When I took it outside, well, the Sonic crack is still quite loud obviously.
                        No E30 Club

Comment

Just got home from the range trip I posted about earlier in the thread.

What a blast!!

Perfect weather today. About 55 degrees, light winds and cloudless skies.
                          My dads chili was a huge hit!
                          9 adult men and 1 12yr old buy.

We had everything from 22s (revolvers, semi auto pistols and my bolt rifle) up to my buddies 303 Enfield.

We stayed camped out on the 50yd range most of the day and then walked between the 25, 50 and 100yd ranges.

I must purchase a 38 special 4" revolver next!!
                          Definitely my favorite gun to shoot.

The 303 Enfield was fun as well.

Not many pics......

My guns are filthy!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks like a good time

I would love to start collecting some historic rifles. Nagant, mauser, enfield, and of course a garand.

Comment

Originally posted by naplesE30 View Post
                              Looks like a good time

I would love to start collecting some historic rifles. Nagant, mauser, enfield, and of course a garand.
                              My wife said she'll get me a Mosin for Father's Day.

Guess that means I can get her a gun for Mother's Day!!

Comment

I've been away from the forum for a long time now, but I'm looking at getting back into an E30 this year and thought I'd share one of the projects I just finished.

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Working...
                                X