No announcement yet.

Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have been starting to look at larger caliber/long range rifles recently. Been focusing on the 700 vs Savage vs Ruger. Prob going to go with a 6.5 creedmore for size. The only negative I can find on the Savage seems to be barrel life. However it will take me 10yrs to shoot 5k rounds, so that doesnt seem to be to big an issue.

Also just bought a leapers UTG scope 3x12x44 for $99 from cheaper than dirt. It was a random pirchase from one of there promotional emails.... just arrived yesterday and I gotta say it, out of the box, seems higher quality than I expected.

Comment

Naples, Check out the Tikka rifles. Really good rifles.
      1990 325is
      m52b28
      3.73lsd
      g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Gun Thread

I have a Savage 10 fcp-sr and it seems pretty well built. Had it a couple months now and still haven't shot it because I'm saving for a good scope. Only thing that it needs, or I will put on, is a cheek riser because I think it needs maybe .25" on the cheek weld so I don't have to chin weld it. BIGGEST factor for me in getting the rifle was the factory threaded muzzle. The box mag and accuracy are just bonuses at the price. I think I got mine for $650

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        89' 325ix Diamantschwarz/Black rattle can...

Insta: r_moose_w

Originally posted by flyboyx
        I imagine her smelling like spoiled milk and having a half inch crust of doodoo circumnavigating her butthole.

Comment

I am going to HEAVY AGREE with Tex AND HIGHLY RECOMMEND the Tikkas for very very little extra entry cost and much more value there. in the Tikka's there is about 90% parts shareing with their big brothers the sako. Barrels are the same between the 2, as well as most of the manufacturing, only a few small parts are of less material and the finishing is not quite as nice as the sako.

I likely will never buy a non-sako bolt rifle ever again, other than a Tikka
          Originally posted by Fusion
          If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
          The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
          William Pitt-

Comment

I wish I could get a center fire bolt gun. I'd grab a Tikka. R700 seem to be suffering from QC issues.
            1990 325is
            m52b28
            3.73lsd
            g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Finally got the wife out to shoot her new rifle!!

Started with iron sights.

10 yards
              First time shooting

Comment

I tried taking my wife shooting for the first time a while back. Started out with her not wanting to wet the ear plugs before putting them in and went downhill quickly from there.

Lesson learned; ear muffs, nra instructor, and a 22lr handgun instead of a g19 for her introduction to shooting. She has went a few times since and enjoys it much more than her initial exposure.

Great job on making her first experience a positive one!

Comment

You wet your ear plugs? I just roll them softly in fingers till needle thin, insert as far as comfortable, let expand, done.
                  1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                  willschnitz

Comment

Yeah they're the reusable silicone type, not the foam style ha ha. Wet foam would be a bit uncomfortable.
                    Last edited by naplesE30; 06-01-2017, 02:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
                      You wet your ear plugs? I just roll them softly in fingers till needle thin, insert as far as comfortable, let expand, done.
                      I thought the same thing!!

She was pretty scared/nervous at first.

We were the only people on our side of the range (split into 2 rooms 1-12/12-24) for the first 20 mins which was nice.

Some guys came in with a full size caliber AR.....she did not like the concussion/volume.

I put one magazine thru my 1911.....she did not want to try it yet.

She did spend some time shopping online for a 22 pistol when we were at home!
                      It's gotta be purple to match her rifle!

Comment

Gun Thread

Yeah I will say shooting an AR indoors, with any experience level, is still not that fun. Just way too much concussion

I imagine her smelling like spoiled milk and having a half inch crust of doodoo circumnavigating her butthole.

Comment

AK with tank style break is pretty ridiculous indoors or under covered shooting ranges.
                          1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                          willschnitz

Comment

One thing I love about the 300BO. I run a brake on it since I use the can, first time at the range before my stamp was approved I talked with the guy next to me (indoor range) and told him if it was too loud, let me know. (8.5" rifle with brake)

He told me it wasn't as bad as my 16" 5.56, which now has a brake as well but at that time had the standard a2 flashhider.
                            No E30 Club
                            Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                            Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

What annoys me is when someone brings in their 10" 5.56 with brake and nothing else, then proceeds to fire ungodly amounts of ammo downrange for an hour.

Literally impossible to ignore it, you can feel the percussion through the wall.
                              No E30 Club
                              Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                              Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
                                AK with tank style break is pretty ridiculous indoors or under covered shooting ranges.

I run a Silencerco ASR muzzlebrake on my AR's so standing next to them or shooting indoors is nuts.

What was really crazy was when I was shooting a suppressed .308 right next to a guy firing a Barrett m98b. .338 Lapua through an aggressive brake 3ft beside you is pretty fun.........not

Comment

Working...
                                X