No announcement yet.

Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuuuuu I know a guy selling a Uzi b model for 900 bucks, but I want new wheels too...

Comment

^ Well how often do you get the chance to buy an Uzi..... just saying.

I have been looking at the Beretta a400 multitarget and the fabarm xlr5. However, a local dealer has a beautiful a300 with a lot of custom work for half the price of the a400 and fabarm. Let me know if you buy the A300, what your impressions of the a300 are.
      Last edited by naplesE30; 08-15-2017, 09:08 AM.

Comment

so what is the difference between the a300 and the a400?
        1990 325is
        m52b28
        3.73lsd
        g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Completely different actions. A400 can cycle lighter load 3/4oz where the a300 is not able to. The A400 multitarget also has an adjustable comb and rib. Also many a400 models come with the Kickoff buttstock. A400 is supposed to run cleaner, and pattern better than the a300. Also A400 can come in 32" barrel where I dont believe the a300 does.

Comment

Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
            Duck hunt, dove hunt, clay target hunt...

I have a Remington 1100 in 16ga that I use to hunt dove. Awesome gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Originally posted by flyboyx
            how about if i yank the anal beads out of your ass like i'm trying to pull start a chain saw?
            Originally posted by Northern
            beer is my new liver cleanse.

Henna - '84 Hennarot 325e
            Lola - '89 Schwarz 325is - being saved
            Christine - '88 Schwarz 325is - Spec E30 Racecar
            '01 White F150 Lariat 4x4 Supercrew - Daily
            Dad's '05 Interlagosblau M3

Comment

Originally posted by naplesE30 View Post
              Completely different actions. A400 can cycle lighter load 3/4oz where the a300 is not able to. The A400 multitarget also has an adjustable comb and rib. Also many a400 models come with the Kickoff buttstock. A400 is supposed to run cleaner, and pattern better than the a300. Also A400 can come in 32" barrel where I dont believe the a300 does.
              Oh man, they sound much better...now I know why they are almost twice the price haha

Originally posted by HennaE30 View Post
              I have a Remington 1100 in 16ga that I use to hunt dove. Awesome gun.

That sounds like a sweet gun!
              1990 325is
              m52b28
              3.73lsd

Comment

Originally posted by naplesE30 View Post
                That hasn't been my experience with my A300. I picked one up during a black friday sale last year and have about 6-700 rounds through it, most of which were whatever low brass junk target load was cheapest. I have a few boxes of heavy waterfowl loads through it as well and there hasn't been a hiccup with any ammo used.

While I certainly wouldn't try to say it is as much gun as the A400, when I handled them side by side I couldn't condone the price tag of the A400 (which was double the A300). It just didn't feel like double the gun to me. The A300 has been a solid performer for everything I've needed it to do.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't talk anyone out of spending more on whatever gun they liked better. I just don't think that the old assumption that you have to drop at least $800-$1000 to get a decent semi auto is true anymore.
                Follow us on Facebook and Instagram

On qualified parts... email me at dealindave@blunttech.com

Comment

Blew a tire on the jeep, now I'm going to have to spend ~$1k on tires...tried to get some used tires but they were bald and just didn't want to waste money on a temp fix.

So there goes any chance of getting a semi-auto for dove/duck season this year :(
                  1990 325is
                  m52b28
                  3.73lsd

Comment

Good feedback on the a300. I don't have experience with either shotgun. Just parroting what the differences are. I have read good things about both the a300 and a400, and to be honest many people seem to love the 391. Agreed on whether or not the expense of the a400 is worth it. Gun manufacturers need to constantly make changes to drive sales. Are the changes always worth it? That is absolutely up to the individual making the purchase. What are the lightest loads you have run through your a300? I am currently looking for a good all-around Sporting Clays gun. I really like the fabarm xlr5, but can't see spending $2,000 on either it or an a400 (which are used gun price) when the a300 seems to be a pretty good performer, for half the price.

For someone serious about clay shooting it seems the a400 was developed for that market to be a very soft shooting competition gun. It also seems it would be ideal for serious shooters who dont want to be beat up by a o/u. Basically a Baretta answer to the xlr5.

The local Baretta dealer has some barrel actions for $7500. For just the action!!!
                    Last edited by naplesE30; 08-17-2017, 03:10 PM.

Comment

Gun Thread

Newest toy
                      All built by me!

18" midlength barrel
                      1/8 223 wylde
                      Aero lower and upper
                      Spikes lpk
                      Springco blue spring with H2 buffer
                      Toolcraft bcg
                      PA 4x14x44 acss scope in Aero mount

I've only got about 20 rounds of 223 and 556 thru her so far.
                      Shoots nice and smooth.

Comment

Originally posted by doorman View Post
                        Newest toy
                        All built by me!

18" midlength barrel
                        1/8 223 wylde
                        Aero lower and upper
                        Spikes lpk
                        Springco blue spring with H2 buffer
                        Toolcraft bcg
                        PA 4x14x44 acss scope in Aero mount

I've only got about 20 rounds of 223 and 556 thru her so far.
                        Shoots nice and smooth.

Interested to hear your thoughts on the scope?
                        -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
                        08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
                        318iS, slow build/garage queen...
                        '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
                        Originally posted by roguetoaster
                        Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

How's that 18" mid shoot compared to say a 16" carbine?

I've seen the 18 mid used quite a bit. Sounds like a sweet shooter.
                          No E30 Club
                          Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                          Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Originally posted by DER E30 View Post
                            Interested to hear your thoughts on the scope?
                            I've only shot it out to 25yds so far.
                            Seems clear when I play with it around the house.
                            The parallax adjustment is really neat to play with.

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post

Compared to my buddy's carbine with a scope?

Flat is a good description. Not much "jump" on recoil.

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post

They shoot softer, as in the recoil is smoother and not as hard. But it's also 5.56, my wife took a video of me shooting my 16" that has a brake on it and the only way you knew I pulled the trigger was because of the bang. The gun never moved.

Comment

Working...
                                X