X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SHARE act shelved....

Paul Ryan: :hitler:

Comment

Dang. That was a foregone conclusion I guess. Much better to shelve it for a possible later date, then to introduce it and have it failed miserably.

Comment

Originally posted by naplesE30 View Post
        Dang. That was a foregone conclusion I guess. Much better to shelve it for a possible later date, then to introduce it and have it failed miserably.
        It was planned to be put on hold before the shooting

Comment

Heck, I was hoping that Full Auto guns would become available. Really would like a FA 10/22. The sear for that is about $16k-18k.
          1990 325is
          m52b28
          3.73lsd
          g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

^Machine one.

The NFA is unconstitutional anyway...

Comment

federal pound me in the butt prison...here I come!
              1990 325is
              m52b28
              3.73lsd
              g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Other than the obvious dollar figure attributed to ownership causing a financial barrier, the logic behind autos before a certain date being acceptable but not after escapes me. The half assed restrictions down there are questionable at best.

Comment

Originally posted by cale View Post
                  Other than the obvious dollar figure attributed to ownership causing a financial barrier, the logic behind autos before a certain date being acceptable but not after escapes me. The half assed restrictions down there are questionable at best.
                  Thats why the march of 1986 and to limit it to serial #s already in the system was chosen. To limit the amount of fun switch weapons to those only, and there by cap the market and limit supply. This drives the pricing way up for when something comes up for sale. It "keeps it constitutional" by allowing access if you really want something, but makes things difficult. But yes it makes no sense from a common sense perspective
                  Originally posted by Fusion
                  If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                  The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                  William Pitt-

Comment

The NFA was created to keep certain guns out of the hands of the common man, non-priveleged individuals. Historically the NFA and NRA were created for racist agenda. As far as the cutoff for having/not having, the gov't would be required to track down and reimburse individuals to take away their previously legal property.

Comment

I'm more fearful of the well trained farm boy with a bolt action than the actions of the individual in Vegas every day of the week. Out of curiosity, has it been challenged what exactly falls under the constitutional right to bear arms? Seems rather arbitrary.

Comment

^
                        Yes thats why in recent past we have had politicos try to float the idea to regulate "sniper rifles" AKA every deer rifle in the country with glass on it

Originally posted by R3Z3N View Post
                        The NFA was created to keep certain guns out of the hands of the common man, non-priveleged individuals. Historically the NFA and NRA were created for racist agenda. As far as the cutoff for having/not having, the gov't would be required to track down and reimburse individuals to take away their previously legal property.
                        NO it was created to keep tommy guns off the shelf at the hardware store so the prohibition era gangsters had a harder time getting a hold such weapons enmass
                        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                        William Pitt-

Comment

NFA/NRA wasnt necessarily a racist based program.

Gun laws sure got stricter when the black panther group got big though.

Anyone here do 3 gun? Kinda want to get in it but I have all the wrong firearms to do so.
                          Wondering if I should start with like a 2 gun or single gun type competition.

AK74, 870, and no Handgun yet, though thinking about a USP-9 or HK45 or VP9.
                          Last edited by Wschnitz; 10-07-2017, 02:33 PM.
                          1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                          willschnitz

Comment

90 325is alpine2 m50b25 becoming a dorifto car.

Comment

NFA predates the panthers by about 30 plus years..... so um ...... yeah....

William Pitt-

Comment

I wasn't trying to connect them via their starting purpose.

There are connections, but id like to keep it out of this thread.
                                1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                                willschnitz

Comment

Working...
                                X