Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by naplesE30 View Post
    November 43 serial number Springfield. Need to refinish the new stock for a more period look. The stock will also get a bunch of applications of BLO as it feels pretty thirsty. What a beast of a weapon. I wouldn't want to have to lug it around for months on end. Those were men!!

I love the straight stock Marlin. Straight stocks are so purdy!!!!

I cant speak for the 509, but my FNX45's trigger broke so close to the grip it was very uncomfortable to me.
    I prefer a longer trigger reach. May be worth handling and maybe even firing first to see how it fits you. That was just my experience and preference with a FN pistol.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    How are you going to refinish it? It looks good to me as is. Or are you wanting to make it look used?

Comment

Originally posted by Mediumrarechicken View Post
      How are you going to refinish it? It looks good to me as is. Or are you wanting to make it look used?
      Its basically a new stock with one light coat of stain as it is. I don't think I am going to strip and re stain it, as many do. I am probably just going to put a bunch of coats of either boiled linseed oil or tung oil. Everything I can find says use BLO once a day for a week, once a week for a month, and once a month for a year, and once a year from then on.

Comment

Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
        All sorts of ammo. Fails to load the next round. I've tried different mags. It seems to run ok at first. Then it starts to not load the next round.

failures to feed are often short stroking, from either too little gas (gas port too small or ammo too weak) or overweight buffer/spring combo (since you already ruled out mags)

Assuming you are using 5.56NATO and not .223 Rem and you did not change the buffer system, look at gas block alignment.

If it's a factory gun, just drop them a line and have them fix it. But if you want to look into it, measure the gas port size

If I had the money, this would be on the short list!

Comment

Originally posted by eternal24k View Post
          All sorts of ammo. Fails to load the next round. I've tried different mags. It seems to run ok at first. Then it starts to not load the next round.

failures to feed are often short stroking, from either too little gas (gas port too small or ammo too weak) or overweight buffer/spring combo (since you already ruled out mags)

Assuming you are using 5.56NATO and not .223 Rem and you did not change the buffer system, look at gas block alignment.

If it's a factory gun, just drop them a line and have them fix it. But if you want to look into it, measure the gas port size
          Thanks!
          1990 325is
          m52b28
          3.73lsd
          g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
            Finding my self really wanting to buy the new FN 509 tactical. Must.... have... self control....
            I tried to like the 509, but man is it hard to get into something with expensive ass mags....I'm so locked in to glocks it makes no sense to try something else.

Originally posted by naplesE30 View Post
            November 43 serial number Springfield. Need to refinish the new stock for a more period look. The stock will also get a bunch of applications of BLO as it feels pretty thirsty. What a beast of a weapon. I wouldn't want to have to lug it around for months on end. Those were men!!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
            SICK! I actually just got the email confirmation for my Service Grade yesterday, so should be here soon, can't wait
            Last edited by Rob; 08-02-2018, 08:10 AM.
            BEERTECH

Comment

I'm surprised the comments are in favor of the 3d printing, a few against.

https://www.pcmag.com/news/362785/st...m_medium=title
              1990 325is
              m52b28
              3.73lsd

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
                I tried to like the 509, but man is it hard to get into something with expensive ass mags....I'm so locked in to glocks it makes no sense to try something else.

SICK! I actually just got the email confirmation for my Service Grade yesterday, so should be here soon, can't wait
                Awesome! You are a rifle should be there in a few days. I received my confirmation on a Saturday and had the rifle in my hand by Tuesday afternoon. The whole process took less than a week from the time I dropped my paperwork in the mail. I had mine drop shipped at the local Walgreens. Pretty cool walking out of Walgreens knowing you have a garand on you. Amazingly it just stayed safely in the box and didn’t jump out and cause any mischief. Post pics when it’s in your hands!!

Comment

Yeah for sure! Shopping for ammo now...
                  BEERTECH

Comment

Anyone here a Sig owner? I can't shake the urge to pick up a P365 to try out for a new daily carry. Currently I have the G43 which is fantastic, but only fits 6+1. I bought it because I wanted consistency among my guns (carry a G17 5th gen at work), but now I'm regretting not satisfying that Sig itch I've had for the past year or so..
                    2007 Range Rover Sport S/C

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan... View Post
                      Anyone here a Sig owner? I can't shake the urge to pick up a P365 to try out for a new daily carry. Currently I have the G43 which is fantastic, but only fits 6+1. I bought it because I wanted consistency among my guns (carry a G17 5th gen at work), but now I'm regretting not satisfying that Sig itch I've had for the past year or so..
                      I have a few Sigs- P232, P228 and P320. I also wanted a P365, but I picked up a subcompact grip frame for the P320 so it's eased my urge to get one. 12+1 standard with 15, 17 or 21 round reloads, plus it's easily concealable. I'm sure I'll get a P365 at some point, but I'd like the current bugs to be fully resolved with them before really considering one.

Comment

Originally posted by myinfernalbmw View Post
                        I have a few Sigs- P232, P228 and P320. I also wanted a P365, but I picked up a subcompact grip frame for the P320 so it's eased my urge to get one. 12+1 standard with 15, 17 or 21 round reloads, plus it's easily concealable. I'm sure I'll get a P365 at some point, but I'd like the current bugs to be fully resolved with them before really considering one.
                        Good to know, thanks!

How do you like the P320? Considered switching from my old Glock 21 to the P320 9mm before ultimately sticking with the Glock, due to the "issues" Sig had been having with the P320 shortly after its release.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
                        Last edited by Ryan...; 08-03-2018, 02:27 PM.

Comment

I have a p320x5 and a p938. Love the 938 for ccw. 7shots with extended mag, and very manageable recoil so it’s not laborious to train with. I do like the low axis of glock designs. They def sit lower in the hand have less flip imho. My g19 also just fit my hand slightly better than the 320. I tend to ride the slide lock with the 320, didn’t have that issue with the glock, which is my fault and not the guns.
                          However, I also like the modularity that the sig fcu offers. Both of my sigs have been pretty flawless in reliability. The 320 has had zero issues in 1200 rounds of use. The 938 had a little trouble feeding the first round of the 7rd mag when new. Since the mag springs have broken in it has also been very reliable with both jhp, and fmj rounds. I have not used jhp rounds in the 320, but see no reason for any issues. I would say trigger pull is more or less a draw between the 2. I think my 320 hass a little more creep than the glock. The glock was slightly heavier and grittier. The 938 has the best break of the 3 which is expected with it being hammer fired.
                          Last edited by naplesE30; 08-03-2018, 03:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan... View Post
                            I got a p365 and love it! It too has an optional 12rd mag
                            1990 325is
                            m52b28
                            3.73lsd

Comment

I'd echo the love for the modularity and reliability. I don't have a ton of trigger time on my P320, but I enjoy it more than the numerous Glocks I've owned. I added an apex flat trigger to mine and couldn't be happier with the performance and feel. It's certainly no single action, but it is one of the best striker triggers I've felt (on par with the VP9 which had been the best I had experienced IMO)

I too was concerned about the drop safety issues of the P320, but mine was a post recall model and it sounds like the issues have been remedied. I tried to replicate the tests on an empty chamber without actually dropping my gun backwards on concrete and never was able to get it to "discharge".

I still own a Gen4 Glock 20 and would love a G43 and a Gen5 G19, but all of my Sigs have been 100% over the years so I've never hesitated to stick with one for carry.

Comment

These positive reviews are going to make life very expensive for me... :D

I'll have to swing by the gun shop and try some out. If I order through work I can usually get 15-20% off. Just gotta make sure I'm not too far past my limit of guns per year lol

Comment

Working...
                                X