Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shameson View Post
    Here is my newest purchase. Picked up a Springfield xd-s 3.3 9mm for CC. Has a 6 and 7 round "extended" mag with grip extension. Also got 100 rounds of Magtech to try since I've heard good things about it. Gun feels great in my hands and comfortable since I also shoot an xd-m 3.8

my brother in law (cop) (lol get it in law..) ok.. he used to use this as his off duty gun but switched to a glock .40 do to the dept. giving him free ammo.. must be nice
    he sold it fairly cheap, nice little gun

e24 e9 e30
    IG: peterkaczynski

Comment

First part ordered, figured this was too good a deal to pass up!

I'll be putting together a pistol with it, then spring for a suppressor and Make it a SBR at the same time.

As a side thought, would it be a bad idea to use my 6920 lower to register for the SBR? I'm just thinking I want to use a good lower since it's a one time deal.
      No E30 Club
      Originally posted by MrBurgundy
      Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Brezzi View Post
        Any clay pigeon guys in here? Just picked it up, its my new favorite addiction.
        Went for the first time a couple weeks ago on a Friday night under the lights. I'm hooked now.

Comment

Ok so went to a gun show and looked at some AK's and I dont hate CA Aks as much anymore. Actually found a few I liked.

But holy fuck they overpriced WASR 10s there. Some of those losers wanted $800 for a used WASR 10....

If I had the changed id have bought this AK74M made in Bulgaria (not a real M but same poly stock style).
          1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
          willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
            First part ordered, figured this was too good a deal to pass up!

I'll be putting together a pistol with it, then spring for a suppressor and Make it a SBR at the same time.

As a side thought, would it be a bad idea to use my 6920 lower to register for the SBR? I'm just thinking I want to use a good lower since it's a one time deal.
            Cool! I think I'd buy another lower just so you can have two at some later time!

If you have any 556 uppers laying around, be VERY CAREFUL that you don't inadvertently put a 300 aac in a 556 gun! Apparently a 300 will chamber in a 556 chamber and obviously the 30 cal bullet won't go down a 223 pipe...

Originally posted by Peterkaczynski View Post
            my brother in law (cop) (lol get it in law..)
            Brother in law...Enforcement
            Last edited by DER E30; 01-08-2016, 07:28 PM.
            -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
            08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
            318iS, slow build/garage queen...
            '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
            Originally posted by roguetoaster
            Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Well that's happening regardless. I don't want to swap parts around all the time.

But I have to say I did some thinking after posting that, and I figure best to leave the Colt alone. That one has a name attached that will ensure resale if the need ever arises.

I'm going to stick with my original plan, build it as a pistol, and go the NFA route when I'm ready. That said, anyone here go the DIY route with their trust?
              No E30 Club
              Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

I haven't done a trust, although I probably will at some point in the future, maybe summer, I want a can...

I was in Rainer arms yesterday and picked up a lwrc m6a2 sbr and it was so short and handy feeling. Might have to get an sbr at some point too. Mmmmmmmmmmm.
                Last edited by DER E30; 01-09-2016, 12:05 AM.
                -Christian

Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Originally posted by Peterkaczynski View Post
                  my brother in law (cop) (lol get it in law..) ok.. he used to use this as his off duty gun but switched to a glock .40 do to the dept. giving him free ammo.. must be nice
                  he sold it fairly cheap, nice little gun
                  Ya it was reasonably priced to me, for quality of the xd line. My mother bought a glock 43 that wasn't much less, but really didn't like how if felt in my hands but I'd like to borrow it to compare with mine at the range when I have a chance.
                  '84 Alpine 325e (Gone)
                  '91 Alpine 318i (Gone) Click Here
                  '92 Alpine 325i Cabrio (Gone) Click Here
                  '91 Alpine 318is

Comment

Yeah, I got an XDS .45 a few months ago, pretty great package, light and hits hard for not terrible recoil
                    -Christian

Comment

Originally posted by DER E30 View Post
                      Yeah, I got an XDS .45 a few months ago, pretty great package, light and hits hard for not terrible recoil
                      I'll have to try a .45 version when I have the chance. Last time I was at the range there was a government agent shooting his xd .40 that let me try his and I liked it. Haven't found really anything negative about them, except I don't like the slide stop on the xds compared to the xdm
                      '84 Alpine 325e (Gone)
                      '91 Alpine 318is

Comment

I'll have to try a .45 version when I have the chance. Last time I was at the range there was a government agent shooting his xd .40 that let me try his and I liked it. Haven't found really anything negative about them, except I don't like the slide stop on the xds compared to the xdm
                        Yeah, the slide stop is the only thing I'm not crazy about. My other handgun is a 1911 so I ride the safety with my thumb and also the slide stop on the xd because it's right under my thumb... It does make reloading from slide-lock fast though

I like it a lot because its almost exactly the same size as my mom's ruger LCR but thinner and holds an extra, more potent round.

It is also quite accurate from my experience.
                        :up:
                        -Christian

Comment

Yeah, the slide stop is the only thing I'm not crazy about. My other handgun is a 1911 so I ride the safety with my thumb and also the slide stop on the xd because it's right under my thumb... It does make reloading from slide-lock fast though

I like it a lot because its almost exactly the same size as my mom's ruger LCR but thinner and holds an extra, more potent round.

It is also quite accurate from my experience.
                          :up:
                          For me it's hard to get my thumb under the lock easily to lock the slide since they have the lip under it. It's not there on the xd-m so I'll just have to get used to it. I was considering going .45, but it's simpler to just have different guns of the same caliber for now. If I went .45 Id want it to be a Kimber or USP
                          '84 Alpine 325e (Gone)
                          '91 Alpine 318is

Comment

For me it's hard to get my thumb under the lock easily to lock the slide since they have the lip under it. It's not there on the xd-m so I'll just have to get used to it. I was considering going .45, but it's simpler to just have different guns of the same caliber for now. If I went .45 Id want it to be a Kimber or USP
                            Yeah, you kind of get used to the slide stop, but it is a pain to push up to lock. I hear you on the same cal, different gun thing, I bought the 1911 because I've loved the look since I was little and .45 is what it should be in, then I got the XDS in .45 for commonality of ammo, easier to grab a box at the store and know you can take both to the range and use the same box.:up:

Plus I love the .45 how it "pushes" instead of snaps in your hand. I shot a buddy's FN FNX .40 and it was nice, but it snapped in your hands where even the lightweight xds pushes your hand back.
                            -Christian

Comment

Yeah, you kind of get used to the slide stop, but it is a pain to push up to lock. I hear you on the same cal, different gun thing, I bought the 1911 because I've loved the look since I was little and .45 is what it should be in, then I got the XDS in .45 for commonality of ammo, easier to grab a box at the store and know you can take both to the range and use the same box.:up:

Plus I love the .45 how it "pushes" instead of snaps in your hand. I shot a buddy's FN FNX .40 and it was nice, but it snapped in your hands where even the lightweight xds pushes your hand back.
                              I've heard the 9mm fn's can be fairly snappy due to its weight, similar to how the glocks are but not sure about the .40. I'll be curious to see how the xds feels recoil-wise to the xdm
                              '84 Alpine 325e (Gone)
                              '91 Alpine 318is

Comment

This is why I abandoned the .40. I only buy pistols chambered in 9mm or .45 now, with the exception being revolvers. I still have a .40 simply because it was my first handgun, but it's a safe queen now.

I'm pretty excited to get this rifle going. Gotta control myself to not go put money down today and get the ball rolling on a suppressor.

The more I read the more I like the 300 BO.
                                No E30 Club

Comment

Working...
                                X