Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by acolella76 View Post
    Personally I think it would be hilarious if you showed up with a pistol AR instead of an SBR
    I checked our General Order yesterday, nothing about barrel length or AR pistols

Now, I can assure you there would be a new General Order the day I brought mine in though
    2007 Range Rover Sport S/C

Comment

I have a lower that I'll build a pistol out of at some point. The SBA3 "brace" looks perfect.

Apparently my CMP Garand is currently back ordered. Guess they're still sorting out the Philippine returns.

Update: CC charged, won't be long now...
      Last edited by Rob; 08-13-2018, 07:40 AM.
      BEERTECH

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
        I have a lower that I'll build a pistol out of at some point. The SBA3 "brace" looks perfect.
        I have one of the SBA3 braces on my Tac14, and while it isn't ideal for a 12GA "firearm" it would be perfect for an AR pistol. I actually have a second one on standby for an AR build. I just don't know if I'm going to put together a 9mm or 10mm. ETS claims to have 25-30 rd Glock 10mm mags coming out, but they keep pushing them back. I want something to pair with my G20, but finding anything reliable with more than 15rd capacity has been impossible.

Comment

woah, 10 mike mike AR pistola? That would be sick!

Magpul needs to come out with other caliber grock p-mags by the way. Stat.
          BEERTECH

Comment

woah, 10 mike mike AR pistola? That would be sick!

Magpul needs to come out with other caliber grock p-mags by the way. Stat.
            Yeah Angstadt Arms and Quarter Circle-10 both make a nice AR lower that runs large frame Glock mags (they also have small frame versions for 9-40). The only issue is finding a mag higher than 15rd.

I too was hoping Magpul would get a 45 or 10mm high cap Glock mag out, but they seem to be more concerned with their grayman/tactical cowboy yuppie wear.

Comment

Chief approved me using my 2019 clothing allowance on a rifle! Right there is $600 towards it, and I might be able to finagle him into letting me "cash out" the rest of my 2018 clothing allowance to which is $428.

Good thing about working 3rd shift if you can save your uniform allowance and let your uniforms get a little ragged because nobody can see the fraying belt loops in the dark, and the people you deal with are too drunk or cracked out to smell the unwashed uniform shirt :rofl:

Between the clothing allowance and selling my unused Delton I should actually come out ahead in this deal if I went with a Bravo Company or Sons of Liberty rifle...

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan... View Post
                Chief approved me using my 2019 clothing allowance on a rifle! Right there is $600 towards it, and I might be able to finagle him into letting me "cash out" the rest of my 2018 clothing allowance to which is $428.

Good thing about working 3rd shift if you can save your uniform allowance and let your uniforms get a little ragged because nobody can see the fraying belt loops in the dark, and the people you deal with are too drunk or cracked out to smell the unwashed uniform shirt :rofl:

Between the clothing allowance and selling my unused Delton I should actually come out ahead in this deal if I went with a Bravo Company or Sons of Liberty rifle...
                nice man!
                1990 325is
                m52b28
                3.73lsd
                g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

How is shooting the tac14?

Ryan - awesome news man! Keep us updated on what you end up with!
                  BEERTECH

Comment

Ryan - awesome news man! Keep us updated on what you end up with!
                    Will do! Only drawback is that I have to wait until 01-01-19 to order the gun :/

Comment

Terrible preliminary picture, more this weekend hopefully...Service Grade M1 courtesy of the CMP
                      Attached Files
                      BEERTECH

Comment

Terrible preliminary picture, more this weekend hopefully...Service Grade M1 courtesy of the CMP
                        Nice!

The first rifle I ever shot was an M1 that belonged to my grandpa. At the age of 7 I learned very quickly the importance of making sure the stock was firmly against my shoulder when firing. I had that nice black/purple stock-shaped bruise for quite a while :rofl:

Comment

How is shooting the tac14?
                          I'd say it's very similar to a pistol grip shotgun with a cheap aftermarket stock. There is a little more flex in the brace than what is ideal, but it's the closest I'll get to an SBS in this state. I do understand why people use low recoil buck in them though. My wife didn't enjoy it at all. I can't comment on how it shoots with the original grip though. I ordered the adapter and brace with it and installed it right away.

Looking forward to more pics of the ping gat!

Originally posted by Ryan... View Post
                          Nice!

The first rifle I ever shot was an M1 that belonged to my grandpa. At the age of 7 I learned very quickly the importance of making sure the stock was firmly against my shoulder when firing. I had that nice black/purple stock-shaped bruise for quite a while :rofl:
                          Lol that is quite the gun for a 7 year old. I learned a similar lesson when my wiseass uncle loaded two rounds of bird shot followed by one high test turkey
                          load the first time he took me skeet shooting. I didn't want to shoot anything that resembled a shotgun for quite a while after that.

Comment

Originally posted by myinfernalbmw View Post
                            Lol that is quite the gun for a 7 year old. I learned a similar lesson when my wiseass uncle loaded two rounds of bird shot followed by one high test turkey
                            load the first time he took me skeet shooting. I didn't want to shoot anything that resembled a shotgun for quite a while after that.
                            Looking back I realized it was not the most intelligent thing for me to do, but I learned the valuable lesson of "believe Grandpa when he says I shouldn't try something" :rofl:

Comment

Would the sba3 brace be too soft for a shorty 308? I just dont feel like doing another tax stamp, so far I've pissed away 800 bucks because the government is retarded aids

Comment

I would expect it to be fine on a 308. I'd rather put it on a 300blk or PCC personally, but I think it'd be ok. I have one of their full rubber/polymer/whatever versions on my M92 pap and it works well. It's design has a lot more flex though which is why I didn't want to use one of the similarly constructed SB brace kits made for the tac14.

Comment

Working...
                                X