Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
    From what I've seen so far, Vortex is really changing the optics market.
    Vortex is killing it. They lag some of the more established brands for stuff like reticles, but they make great products at good prices. They certainly wouldn't be my first pick if money were no object, but like anything there are diminishing returns on your money.

Comment

Slapped in the geissele SSA-E trigger today and wow! The original mil-spec trigger was heavy but fairly crisp. However, this trigger is Awesome!! Love the 2 stage pull.

I am really fighting buying a Citori CX shotgun right now. I really want a quality o/u and I can get one right now for $1400 after Browning’s current rebate. I think I’m going to hold off till New Year’s eve, and if they still have a 32” in stock it then was meant to be.
      Last edited by naplesE30; 12-28-2018, 12:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by naplesE30 View Post
        Slapped in the geissele SSA-E trigger today and wow! The original mil-spec trigger was heavy but fairly crisp. However, this trigger is Awesome!! Love the 2 stage pull.
        I never thought an aftermarket trigger was necessary, but while I was picking up my Ruger Superfuddhawk the resident cerakoter/builders in my local gun shop brought out a freshly finished AR build with a Geissele SD-3G trigger. He was way too excited about it and said I had to try it. The trigger break was standard light and clean as you'd expect, but the reset was the real highlight. It would basically push the trigger forward to reset once you released pressure. We both agreed it would make for a really fast trigger. I never thought I would jump on the aftermarket bandwagon, but I may have to toss one of those in my next build.

Comment

Watch the geissele video on YouTube. It is a great video explaining the purpose of each of their triggers. Very informative if your in the market or think you may be.He goes in depth on safety factors, speed, and accuracy of each of their options.

I am much more impressed with this Geissele trigger than I was with the Gray Guns trigger for the Sig P320.

Comment

The Geissele enhanced dual stage triggers are amazing if you are going for accuracy. Take up the slack, and just give the slightest pressure when you are ready to sling lead. They are not kidding when they say it is like "breaking a glass rod".
            No E30 Club
            Originally posted by MrBurgundy
            Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

The Geissele enhanced dual stage triggers are amazing if you are going for accuracy. Take up the slack, and just give the slightest pressure when you are ready to sling lead. They are not kidding when they say it is like "breaking a glass rod".
              That’s the truth. The first few dry fire pulls I made I went straight through the second stage. I was so used to my mil-spec. I thought damn I thought this was a 2 stage. Never pulled a 2 stage trigger this nice before. In their video they do a great job of explaining why some of there triggers are meant to break like a “carrot” others a “candy cane”, and some like a “glass rod”.

I think if you plan to use an ar for home defense some of there triggers are a no go, the SSA-E would be on my list of not suitable for home defense. To easy to accidentally squeeze one off. They give lots of options for a reason.
              Last edited by naplesE30; 12-29-2018, 04:41 AM.

Comment

Finally pulled the trigger (heh heh)!

BCM Recce 14, and a Vortex Razor UH-1 optic is what I have so far.

Before it's duty ready I intend to purchase the following items:

- Foregrip (likely BCM short foregrip)
                - Sling (likely an adjustable strap like all my coworkers bought)
                - Streamlight tac light (650 or 1000 lumen)
                - Flip up sights
                - Extra mags (PMAG Gen 2 with the window, perhaps?)

I'm really excited to play around with the UH-1, however I'm nervous that I won't like it as much as the (cheaper) Strike Eagle optic 3 of my coworkers have with the etched reticle and magnification capabilities. I went with the UH-1 because the odds of me taking a 100+ yard shot is pretty slim, and I typically use it for standoffs and clearing warehouses etc.. I could always purchase a magnifier too if needed.
                2007 Range Rover Sport S/C

Comment

Never liked the strike eagles. They tried to tick a lot of boxes for features and magnification, and it was made at the cost of poor image quality imo. You made a good choice.

$20k in guns and optics, and still too cheap to replace the legs on my gong stands. Ricochet sealed its fate

Comment

Look into the atibal xp6 or xp8

Comment

Nice stick, personally I would get a Blue Force VCAS, owned a few, it's by far my favorite.

Cold weekend with a decent amount of blowback when suppressed, I had a black face after 200rds. I need to get a Gas Buster or make one with RTV

Originally posted by Ryan... View Post

- Flip up sights

I'm really excited to play around with the UH-1, however I'm nervous that I won't like it as much as the (cheaper) Strike Eagle optic 3 of my coworkers have with the etched reticle and magnification capabilities. I went with the UH-1 because the odds of me taking a 100+ yard shot is pretty slim, and I typically use it for standoffs and clearing warehouses etc.. I could always purchase a magnifier too if needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan... View Post

- Flip up sights

Thats a slick looking gun. Personally would i go with gen 3 pmag the gen 2 has a smaller opening you could say for the bolt the grab the round and can lead to failures. They opened it up on the Gen 3. Also yes get the streamlight. I want the tac light for my 509. I finally sucked it up and bout their big high lumen light for work was tired of my mag light. The batteries last forever and the piggy back charger is nice.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                        1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                        Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                        Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                        Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
                          Thats a slick looking gun. Personally would i go with gen 3 pmag the gen 2 has a smaller opening you could say for the bolt the grab the round and can lead to failures. They opened it up on the Gen 3. Also yes get the streamlight. I want the tac light for my 509. I finally sucked it up and bout their big high lumen light for work was tired of my mag light. The batteries last forever and the piggy back charger is nice.
                          Good to know on the Pmags, I was just about to buy some..

I love my streamlight, battery lasts a long time before a recharge is needed, although like most lights it suffers a bit now that we're in the cold season and I end up spending 3-4hrs a night outside.

Found a thread where people are saying the Gen 3 Pmag isn't compatible with all BCM lowers
                          2007 Range Rover Sport S/C

Comment

Made a new friend the other night at a NYE party my Wife got an invite to. The guy throwing the party was cool as hell and told me he is trying to setup a hog hunt.

Needless to say, I want in. Not sure exactly when it will happen yet, but I want to start shopping around for a night optic.

Considering one of these just to dip my toes. Even if a hog hunt doesn't happen, I've been wanting to go on the offensive with the Coyotes around my house.

Thoughts?

No E30 Club
                            Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                            Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Made a new friend the other night at a NYE party my Wife got an invite to. The guy throwing the party was cool as hell and told me he is trying to setup a hog hunt.

Needless to say, I want in. Not sure exactly when it will happen yet, but I want to start shopping around for a night optic.

Considering one of these just to dip my toes. Even if a hog hunt doesn't happen, I've been wanting to go on the offensive with the Coyotes around my house.

Thoughts?

https://www.amazon.com/d/Hunting-Nig...42S/B078FHGXRT
                              I've heard good things about those.
                              1990 325is
                              m52b28
                              3.73lsd
                              g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

what range do you plan on shooting at?

Thoughts?

https://www.amazon.com/d/Hunting-Nig...42S/B078FHGXRT

Comment

Working...
                                X