Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
    Ryan,

At what distance do you sight in your red dot?
    I haven't done it yet, going to try to get out to the range today or tomorrow.

For now, depending on which range I have access to, I may do the 10 yard zero which would zero it for 50/200 yards:

You may remember Frank Proctor’s method for achieving a 50/200 yard zero at 10 yards with your AR-15 that was mentioned here a few months ago. I have been putting it to good use. It is a very…

At the very least that will get me through the qualifications course on the Thursday, and if I need/want to fine tune it I can.

Realistically, I can think of maybe 1-2 scenarios in my city where I would ever take a shot in excess of 65-70 yards. I've used our range finder at the local Walmart, and the longest distance you can see is about 109 yards if memory serves. Anything further than that and we're probably calling in the local SWAT boys.
    2007 Range Rover Sport S/C

Comment

Gun Thread

Think I’m gonna build a pistol in 5.56 nato using aero precision complete upper and lower in FDE
      Last edited by ThatOneEuroE30; 01-14-2019, 09:29 PM.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
      1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
      Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
      Mtech 2 turbo restoration
      Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan... View Post
        I haven't done it yet, going to try to get out to the range today or tomorrow.

For now, depending on which range I have access to, I may do the 10 yard zero which would zero it for 50/200 yards:

You may remember Frank Proctor’s method for achieving a 50/200 yard zero at 10 yards with your AR-15 that was mentioned here a few months ago. I have been putting it to good use. It is a very…

At the very least that will get me through the qualifications course on the Thursday, and if I need/want to fine tune it I can.

Realistically, I can think of maybe 1-2 scenarios in my city where I would ever take a shot in excess of 65-70 yards. I've used our range finder at the local Walmart, and the longest distance you can see is about 109 yards if memory serves. Anything further than that and we're probably calling in the local SWAT boys.

interesting, i'll go and check that out.
        1990 325is
        m52b28
        3.73lsd
        g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
          Think I’m gonna build a pistol in 5.56 nato using aero precision complete upper and lower in FDE
          You definitely wont regret it! I love the one I cobbled together, especially since I shoot AR's suppressed most of the time the rifle setups can get a little bit weighty on the front end.

What length of barrel are you thinking about?

This is the zero that I run on my Ar's. I used to do the 50/200 yd but switched after seeing this - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jttB1kUXfJE
          Last edited by ThatM20Guy; 01-16-2019, 12:50 AM.
          89' 325ix Diamantschwarz/Black rattle can...

Insta: r_moose_w

Originally posted by flyboyx
          I imagine her smelling like spoiled milk and having a half inch crust of doodoo circumnavigating her butthole.

Comment

Originally posted by ThatM20Guy View Post
            You definitely wont regret it! I love the one I cobbled together, especially since I shoot AR's suppressed most of the time the rifle setups can get a little bit weighty on the front end.

What length of barrel are you thinking about?

This is the zero that I run on my Ar's. I used to do the 50/200 yd but switched after seeing this - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jttB1kUXfJE

Im gonna be doing an 8 inch barrel and i think I’m gonna do it in 300 blk instead since i now have the ability to reload it will be cheaper.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
              interesting, i'll go and check that out.
              Not sure if I did this correct, but I would imagine it was..

I did the 10 yard sight in as described above. From 10 yards I used the lower triangle part of the reticle (per the manual, the triangle is for anything 10 yards or less) , and when aiming at the black circle was getting them inside the grey circle as you would with the center dot on a traditional red dot optic.

I don't have access to anything further than a 10-15 yard range until tomorrow, so hopefully anything further than 10 yards will be on point with the center dot...

2007 Range Rover Sport S/C

Comment

Placed my order for my aero precision upper. Went with 8 inch in 300blk. Waiting for the lower i want to come back in stock.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

^Just ordered a 8.5 300AAC upper from PSA. Prices are crazy good right now. Time to stock up on any builds before 2020 panic sets in. Should be all in pistol build for sub $300. Also ordering a 80% lower that I would prefer not to serialize. Anything I need to know to be in compliance with sbr laws? It will be a pistol, but just want to make sure I don’t need to register it as such before building.
                  Last edited by naplesE30; 01-25-2019, 02:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by naplesE30 View Post
                    ^Just ordered a 8.5 300AAC upper from PSA. Prices are crazy good right now. Time to stock up on any builds before 2020 panic sets in. Should be all in pistol build for sub $300. Also ordering a 80% lower that I would prefer not to serialize. Anything I need to know to be in compliance with sbr laws? It will be a pistol, but just want to make sure I don’t need to register it as such before building.

Here if you have a ccw there is no need to register pistols otherwise you need to. However i also know that most people wont know the difference. Found out today you cant put a fore grip on a pistol because that turns it into a sbr unless the overall length is over 26 inches.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
                      Here if you have a ccw there is no need to register pistols otherwise you need to. However i also know that most people wont know the difference. Found out today you cant put a fore grip on a pistol because that turns it into a sbr unless the overall length is over 26 inches.
                      Yup. Over the specific length and it is then a "firearm". Legal, but no longer applies for many concealed weapons permits.

Build a new lower as a pistol, don't use a lower that originated as a rifle. No stock, bare buffer tube (including standard carbine tube without the stock), or a brace. No VFG, AFG is ok.
                      No E30 Club
                      Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                      Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Grea! I knew you could not take a lower from a rifle and make a pistol with it, just wasn’t sure if your not registering a lower through a ffl how that worked. I do have a ccw license, but you do not need to register pistols in FL. I guess I was just curious how you would prove the lower was never used for a rifle if it’s not serialiized..... or any paper trail.

Comment

Originally posted by naplesE30 View Post
                          Grea! I knew you could not take a lower from a rifle and make a pistol with it, just wasn’t sure if your not registering a lower through a ffl how that worked. I do have a ccw license, but you do not need to register pistols in FL. I guess I was just curious how you would prove the lower was never used for a rifle if it’s not serialiized..... or any paper trail.

Thats the great part of 80% lowers and thats why the gov is trying to get rid of them.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

The whole rifle origination thing is really only enforceable if the gun was purchased as a complete rifle from a shop.

If it is an 80%, or a stripped lower you purchased, have fun. Don't you remember? You originally slapped a short upper on there before you installed the stock and long upper just because you wanted to try out the feel of a pistol.
                            No E30 Club
                            Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                            Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

When I bought my stripped lower it was sent to a local FFL. The FFL was about to put it as a rifle. I didn't know they can put on the form if its a rifle/pistol/...

So make sure if you have it sent to an FFL that they make sure to note it as a pistol.
                              1990 325is
                              m52b28
                              3.73lsd
                              g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Just bought a box of the Winchester Victory ammo in .45acp and M2 ball. They are pretty cool for collecting or just displaying. Also, ordered an schuster adjustable gas plug for the garand so I can shoot more modern loads with it. It has quickly become my favorite rifle to shoot.

Comment

Working...
                                X