Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HennaE30 View Post
    I know that if you shoot a wall with buckshot, you’re going to blow a huge hole in it. But at least you’re not instantly murdering someone you care about in the next room or couple rooms over while shooting an intruder (see my FMJ story LOL).
    Well, if it works good on living things, it'll work good on drywall. I like to refer to the box-o-truth testing. Buckshot will definitely go through typical drywall construction and still have some ass behind it. So will 22, and 556, and anything else that is effective for self defense. There's no fighting physics unfortunately. I know the internet likes to claim "well I wont miss!", sure, OK.

FWIW, I live in a row house, so it gets really dicey what with neighbors and all.
    BEERTECH

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
      Well, if it works good on living things, it'll work good on drywall. I like to refer to the box-o-truth testing. Buckshot will definitely go through typical drywall construction and still have some ass behind it. So will 22, and 556, and anything else that is effective for self defense. There's no fighting physics unfortunately. I know the internet likes to claim "well I wont miss!", sure, OK.

Yea. That’s definitely true. Anyone who’s played Siege blindly fired through a wall with a shotgun and killed someone knows what up. I kid of course. Home defense is a tricky subject, and there are countless approaches that can be taken towards the matter.

On another topic, I have a Remington model 1903 from 1944 (during the war, Springfield allowed Remington to produce rifles under government request because their operations could not supply the demand at the time) that I want to restore but I’m kind of at a loss what route to go. I considered getting the barrel blued or Teflon-coated, but I believe the period-correct practice would be to have it parkerized? Anyone able to confirm anything regarding this?

It was my grandfathers. I found it in sitting in the back of his closet and told him that if he was going to let it collect dust, I was going to take it home. It’s chambered in 30-06 (of course, as were all rifles of that time), and my goal is to eventually hunt with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Originally posted by flyboyx
      how about if i yank the anal beads out of your ass like i'm trying to pull start a chain saw?
      Originally posted by Northern
      beer is my new liver cleanse.

Henna - '84 Hennarot 325e
      Lola - '89 Schwarz 325is - being saved
      Christine - '88 Schwarz 325is - Spec E30 Racecar
      '01 White F150 Lariat 4x4 Supercrew - Daily
      Dad's '05 Interlagosblau M3

Comment

That is super cool! Would look so sick with like a fixed power old school weaver scope on top, pretend to be Carlos Hathcock on Bambi
        BEERTECH

Comment

That is super cool! Would look so sick with like a fixed power old school weaver scope on top, pretend to be Carlos Hathcock on Bambi
          Oh yeah. but a Weaver 330 scope is worth more than the rifle is. Ive already dont some looking, 4 digit. Would be badass, but highly unlikely ill end up going that route. Considered just throwing a modern low profile scope on it after getting the barrel/stock redone, and having some action/trigger work done.
          Originally posted by flyboyx
          how about if i yank the anal beads out of your ass like i'm trying to pull start a chain saw?
          Originally posted by Northern
          beer is my new liver cleanse.

Henna - '84 Hennarot 325e
          Lola - '89 Schwarz 325is - being saved
          Christine - '88 Schwarz 325is - Spec E30 Racecar
          '01 White F150 Lariat 4x4 Supercrew - Daily
          Dad's '05 Interlagosblau M3

Comment

Originally posted by myinfernalbmw View Post

Is that an actual early gun or one of the 1918 repros that Colt did a few years back? Either way it's super rad.
            The 2011 Anniversary ANVIII pistol, anything before the 50s would have heat treating issues impacting longevity.

Comment

May finally be picking up a K31 tomorrow after around a year of looking for one local to me. A great older guy at a small shop that specializes in high end import guns that I routinely check just realized that he had his own personal k31 buried in the back of his safe. He called me and said over the phone he thought $500 was a fair price. Were going to look at it tomorrow together and pull the butt plate off to see if there is a troop tag. I am optimistic it will be in good shape as he has some nice 1911's on the rack and he used to have a bunch of k31's years ago. I am assuming he probably picked one of the better stocked ones for himself.

I haven't found much on K31 problems, or things in particular to look for with them. Just the stocks are usually beat up around the butt plate. Any insights are appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

where do you buy ammo for the k31? I've wanted one of those as well, since I saw them on iraqveteran8888
                1990 325is
                m52b28
                3.73lsd
                g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
                  where do you buy ammo for the k31? I've wanted one of those as well, since I saw them on iraqveteran8888
                  Ammoseek is the easy way to find ammo online. They have some obscure calibers listed including most military calibers. Natchez or SGAmmo tend to have OK pricing on bulk ammo.

Comment

+1 on ammoseek for any ammo really.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                    1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                    Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                    Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                    Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Got one of these ATFguy lowers coming because PSA was running a sale and because I'm retarded. I've always wanted a 7.5" AR pistol just to make noise and fireballs, and this should make the perfect base to my cheapo pistol build.

Comment

Yes!

I keep hovering over the PSA pistol kits. My stupid plan would be a Surefire muzzle break and QD blast diverter, then when I inevitably learn its still WAY TOO LOUD it'll send me down the "might as well add a can" road. :p
                        BEERTECH

Comment

Yes!

I keep hovering over the PSA pistol kits. My stupid plan would be a Surefire muzzle break and QD blast diverter, then when I inevitably learn its still WAY TOO LOUD it'll send me down the "might as well add a can" road. :p
                          unsuppressed is for savages

Comment

Yes!

This build is already spiraling. I was going to slap together a quick and cheap pistol from PSA/used shit, but now I'm looking at nicer barrels that are actually gassed properly in hopes it will be a little more enjoyable to shoot. I think even with a premium linear comp it's still going to make my sinuses wince.

Originally posted by eternal24k View Post
                            unsuppressed is for savages
                            One day I will go suppressed. I just keep spending suppressor money on other guns :( . I'm a self admitted toddler when it comes to guns. I don't want to drop $500-1k and then not have something in my hands within 3 days. I need that instant gratification lol.

Comment

Originally posted by myinfernalbmw View Post

One day I will go suppressed. I just keep spending suppressor money on other guns :( . I'm a self admitted toddler when it comes to guns. I don't want to drop $500-1k and then not have something in my hands within 3 days. I need that instant gratification lol.
                              You can always do a Form1, there are companies that sell everything you need, eForms are getting approved in less than a month.

I shot my AR-10 unsuppressed for the first time the other day to check POI shift, the concussion and noise from the brake was so loud i thought i had a kaboom at first

In other news, got my custom East German build back, SN 0002 from my birth year

Comment

2nd the Form 1. I am very happy with my formed freeze plug SD tactical can. I spent around $600;including stamp, but I went with full stainless internals and a titanium tube+end caps.

But, problem is that I now want to buy more cans.
                                No E30 Club
                                Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                                Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Working...
                                X