Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eternal24k View Post

In other news, got my custom East German build back, SN 0002 from my birth year

Wow that is sexy
    -Alex

Comment

Popped my shotgun cherry. Don't know why I never bought one to be honest.

Picked this up to dispatch critters that kill my chickens. Had a bad run with the latest meat birds. Forgot to lock them up twice, and both times I got screwed. Out of 20, I'm down to 7.

Waited up last night with a dead one as bait, and some #6 birdshot did a great job of dispatching the possum. For a brand new gun, I'm impressed by the action. Fired off 5 rounds rapidly and it didn't miss a beat. Going to try to find some nice wood furniture for it though. It is light, so it kicks like a damn mule lol.

Just a basic Remington 870 tactical. I don't intend to hunt with a shotgun, so this works nicely. Since I'm comfortable with shooting a shotgun on my property, going to get my Wife proficient with it so she has a gun to grab if I'm not home and she needs to dispatch any 4, or 2 legged predators.
      No E30 Club
      Originally posted by MrBurgundy
      Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

^Tried and true. Excellent choice of scatter gun. Never, and I mean never try shooting an orange disk out of the air with it, or you will be buying another more expensive one.

Comment

Originally posted by naplesE30 View Post
          ^Tried and true. Excellent choice of scatter gun. Never, and I mean never try shooting an orange disk out of the air with it, or you will be buying another more expensive one.
          True! I have a 28" barrel 870 and hunt with that. Dove, duck, hog...

I also have a clay throwing machine and bust clays like crazy with it. I got a tristar raptor semi-auto shotgun and just started to use that for duck hunting.
          1990 325is
          m52b28
          3.73lsd
          g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Oh I know that. I used to shoot clays as a kid with my grandfathers assortment of shotguns. Just never took an interest in my adult years.

I do miss his old Browning semi auto though. I didn't know NFA laws back then, but there were times where you would load it up with 3 rounds, take a shot, and only have 1 left in the tube....
            No E30 Club
            Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

You can do what is called a ghost load. two in the tube, one in the chamber and then one in between...not sure what that area is called.

Just search ghost load 870
              1990 325is
              m52b28
              3.73lsd
              g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Can you even ghost load a pump?
                BEERTECH

Comment

I don't think it would work on this. As soon as the slide comes back it kicks one out of the tube. I feel like it would end up with a round half way out, and block the lifter from coming up.
                  No E30 Club

Comment

That’s what I was thinking, but I’ve been wrong before...
                    BEERTECH

Comment

I'd skip the spooky loads on an 870. I'd install a +2 tube extension and practice reloading personally. I haven't found the 870 to be able to reliably run a ghost load. The biggest drawback to a shotgun is the capacity and being able to quickly get a shot off from empty is going to be far more valuable than sneaking an unreliable +1 into it.

Also if you're going to get your wife on it for home defense, I'd recommend practicing with low recoil defense loads. I know my wife wasn't a fan of shooting standard .mil boxed 00 buck at all and had no interest in picking up a shotgun after that. I don't know how familiar your wife is to guns and shooting, but please don't be the guy that hands her a shotgun without showing her how to properly shoulder it (if she doesn't already). One of the biggest turn offs to new shooters are getting beat up by a gun or freak out due to the unexpected recoil. Admittedly I used to find it funny watching morons get scope bite or knocked on their ass from the recoil on a shotgun, but I sure as hell don't want to stand near those people at the range, and more importantly don't want them to represent the broader gun community. (steps back off soapbox)

Comment

Have a Benelli m4 tactical, just waiting for the class three stamp. I will post photos of it in action when I get it. The 870 is a great choice overall, was a dept. carry for years for me.

Comment

Traded my VP9 for a USP 45.I tried, but just couldn't get comfortable shooting the vp9. Was frustrating because it felt fantastic in my hands, I just couldn't hit anything!

Anywho, it all worked out because I ended up with the HK I always wanted, the USP :)

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
                          2007 Range Rover Sport S/C

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan... View Post
                            Traded my VP9 for a USP 45.I tried, but just couldn't get comfortable shooting the vp9. Was frustrating because it felt fantastic in my hands, I just couldn't hit anything!

Anywho, it all worked out because I ended up with the HK I always wanted, the USP :)

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
                            That was short lived. Lol Hope you shoot the USP better. Just out of curiosity did you bench rest the VP9 to isolate if it was the gun or you? Funny how some guns can feel so good or bad but shoot poorly for some and great for others. I shoot glocks pretty well, but they always feel awkward.

Comment

That was short lived. Lol Hope you shoot the USP better. Just out of curiosity did you bench rest the VP9 to isolate if it was the gun or you? Funny how some guns can feel so good or bad but shoot poorly for some and great for others. I shoot glocks pretty well, but they always feel awkward.
                              Short lived indeed lol

I didn't bench test it, I passed it around to my friends at the PD and 4/5 of them shot it as poorly as I did, one guy was plinking soda cans at 20 yards so I figured it was us and not the gun..

After 300 rounds of terrible targets (with brief moments of brilliance every 50 rounds) I knew I wasn't really going to trust the gun as well as I trust my old faithful Glock 17. If I wasn't going to carry the VP9 on duty, there was no reason to keep it vs getting a "fun" gun like the USP.

The USP is just such a solid chunk of metal, it's so heavy it's almost comical. But, I find myself just carrying it around the apartment with me because I love how it looks and feels
                              2007 Range Rover Sport S/C

Comment

Jack Bauer approves.
                                BEERTECH

Comment

Working...
                                X