Good drain cleaner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good drain cleaner?

Lame thread, I know. But I have tried one or two products in the past and they didn't do anything. The sink in my bathroom has been draining slowly and I want to know if there are any products like Drain-o or whatever out there that are worth a damn. I don't have a snake or anything over here so I want to take the easy way out.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

skip the drain-o and go to home depot or lowes and ask for sulphuric acid drain opener. The crap comes in a bottle, with a plastic bag surrounding it. It can eat through ancient pipes, but nothing works better.

Work careful though, use eye protection and heavy gloves. After pouring down drain place inverted bucket over drain so it doesn't splash up in your face.

Comment

and don't forget the ventilation!

Closing SOON!
      "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Sounds intense, but that might be my ticket.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Be nice to the environment and go get a snake and use that.

Comment

fuck the environment
            My 2.9L Build!

Originally posted by Ernest Hemingway
            There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.

Comment

tell morgan to stop trimming his pubes and washing them down the sink
              -alex
              i take pictures.

Comment

I use straight Superclean. Pour some down the drain in the morning and by he next day, clog is gone. I've used it for my shower a few times. Nothing worse then standing ankle deep in water by the end of your shower.

I'm sure drain cleaner will work better, but if you have Superclean, use it.

Comment

Originally posted by PiercedE30 View Post
                  fuck the environment

+1

Comment

No sufuric acid, trust me - I am a mechanic in a sufuric acid plant, and I'd go for something caustic (pH 14) over anything acidic (pH 1) - caustics don't violently react to water (acid does), and it won't eat your pipes.

If you pH Drain-o you'll see it's a caustic solution. There are some decent caustics out there, and at the very least even if you have to do it a few times it will still be cheaper than eating any metal the acids would touch.

Strange sidenote fact - weaker acid concentrations eat metal faster than 90%+ sulfuric acid does. Also, strong acid freezes (sludges really) at about 50 degrees.

Stick with a caustic, TJ. Really.

It's not how you handle the good times, but the faith you keep in the bad that defines you.

Comment

Drian-O Gel works pretty good. i know the hardware store in jupiter farms has stuff called liquid fire and its really good
                      NEED SOME VINYL STICKERS???

Comment

Originally posted by PiercedE30 View Post
                        fuck the environment
                        Don't be a fucking retard.

Comment

Pay a plumber. If you are in Fl, you probably have pvc, and chemicals will be detremental.
                          Yours truly,
                          Rich
                          sigpic
                          Originally posted by Rigmaster
                          you kids get off my lawn.....

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Carufel View Post
                            Don't be a fucking retard.
                            says the man with two dozen cars

Comment

Or you can take the trap off and clean it yourself.

1992 BMW 325iC
                              1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
                              1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Working...
                              X