Your close call with the cops.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your close call with the cops.....

Preferably the ones where you bullshitted your way out of it....

60 in a 40. Saw him just a little too late and knew he got me so I just waited for him to get behind me at a red light, went past the intersection and pulled into a nearest street as to not pull over on the side of the main road.

he told me to slow down and let me go, chp
    Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

pick any of the 3 times in a row where i "accidentally" gave my Air Force ID with my license/reg/proof of financial responsibility.

Comment

long story short, i got pulled over in a construction zone

cop: so why did i pull you over?
        me: uhh (then it dawned) ohh shoot i have my euro plate on the front
        cop: thats one reason
        me: shoot. uhh i dont know
        cop: i clocked you going 42. do you know the speed limit?
        me: (pondering...) its 25, isnt it?
        cop: you tell me
        me: its 25. dude, i cant get a ticket. please let me off with a warning. this would interfere with my pursuit of becoming a firefighter
        cop: license, registration, and proof of insurance please
        me: here is my license.. and registration.. but i cant find proof of insurance (i dont drive the e30 much and hadn't noticed it was missing)

the cop walks back to his car and returns a few minutes later

cop: for speeding in a construction zone without proof of insurance or a front plate, this is going to cost you $721. but if you swap that plate right now, ill let you off with a warning. (he basically then told me to do it before he changed his mind).

i replaced my euro plate with the proper one as the officer drove off. having swapped the plate, i finally made my way to the local taco joint. the cop was parked right at the entrance. i parked and walked up top his car. the cop's window was down so i leaned over so he could see me and told him that i swapped my plate. we then got to talking about speeding and before i knew it, the dude was showing me how his lidar gun works. he let me point it at passing traffic and clock someone. what seemed to be a cranky cop turned out to be the coolest. he let me off a $700 ticket and lets me try his lidar gun. ftw.

ok, so long story not so short

Comment

Originally posted by BENdashdash View Post
          long story short, i got pulled over in a construction zone

cop: so why did i pull you over?
          me: uhh (then it dawned) ohh shoot i have my euro plate on the front
          cop: thats one reason
          me: shoot. uhh i dont know
          cop: i clocked you going 42. do you know the speed limit?
          me: (pondering...) its 25, isnt it?
          cop: you tell me
          me: its 25. dude, i cant get a ticket. please let me off with a warning. this would interfere with my pursuit of becoming a firefighter
          cop: license, registration, and proof of insurance please
          me: here is my license.. and registration.. but i cant find proof of insurance (i dont drive the e30 much and hadn't noticed it was missing)

the cop walks back to his car and returns a few minutes later

cop: for speeding in a construction zone without proof of insurance or a front plate, this is going to cost you $721. but if you swap that plate right now, ill let you off with a warning. (he basically then told me to do it before he changed his mind).

i replaced my euro plate with the proper one as the officer drove off. having swapped the plate, i finally made my way to the local taco joint. the cop was parked right at the entrance. i parked and walked up top his car. the cop's window was down so i leaned over so he could see me and told him that i swapped my plate. we then got to talking about speeding and before i knew it, the dude was showing me how his lidar gun works. he let me point it at passing traffic and clock someone. what seemed to be a cranky cop turned out to be the coolest. he let me off a $700 ticket and lets me try his lidar gun. ftw.

ok, so long story not so short
          You are one lucky B
          Originally posted by NavyE30
          I saw Vlad was posting and got excited. Then I saw there weren't any boobs and was sad.

Comment

I have had TONS of close calls with the cops. About a year ago a friend and I were in a rough part of Tacoma picking a couple 8 balls. We pulled up at a house that we regularly do the deal at. I stayed in my e30 and my buddy went up to the side window as normal. Instead of the usual cracked out whore that comes to the window it was some Joe Dirt lookin fool. Without much thought my friend booked the fuck over the fence and down the street. I knew something was wrong when he started to run so I did quick U turn and got the fuck out of there also. I was going to stop and get my buddy but before I knew it there we cop cars coming from everywhere. I got on the highway and those motherfuckers chased me for what must have been an hour. I was able to get off the highway and into a real woodsy area of bum fuck nowhere. I thought I had lost them but I saw one lone cop car in my rear view mirror. Next thing I know my e30 is up against a fucking tree. I was still conscious though so I reached under my seat and grabbed my nine. I crawled out the passenger door and jsut started firing in the direction of the cop car. Sure enough I hit the cop and his body fell to the ground. At this point I am fucking panicking. I am high as fuck and I just shot a cop. I run up to his body to see if he is alive. I start poking him and shouting and there is no response. So I start tugging and pulling on his leg. No response so I continue to pull his leg. The cop the sits up and asks why I am pulling his leg and I tell him "cause it was all a joke".

Comment

Originally posted by h0lmes View Post
              I have had TONS of close calls with the cops. About a year ago a friend and I were in a rough part of Tacoma picking a couple 8 balls. We pulled up at a house that we regularly do the deal at. I stayed in my e30 and my buddy went up to the side window as normal. Instead of the usual cracked out whore that comes to the window it was some Joe Dirt lookin fool. Without much thought my friend booked the fuck over the fence and down the street. I knew something was wrong when he started to run so I did quick U turn and got the fuck out of there also. I was going to stop and get my buddy but before I knew it there we cop cars coming from everywhere. I got on the highway and those motherfuckers chased me for what must have been an hour. I was able to get off the highway and into a real woodsy area of bum fuck nowhere. I thought I had lost them but I saw one lone cop car in my rear view mirror. Next thing I know my e30 is up against a fucking tree. I was still conscious though so I reached under my seat and grabbed my nine. I crawled out the passenger door and jsut started firing in the direction of the cop car. Sure enough I hit the cop and his body fell to the ground. At this point I am fucking panicking. I am high as fuck and I just shot a cop. I run up to his body to see if he is alive. I start poking him and shouting and there is no response. So I start tugging and pulling on his leg. No response so I continue to pull his leg. The cop the sits up and asks why I am pulling his leg and I tell him "cause it was all a joke".
              Originally posted by NavyE30
              I saw Vlad was posting and got excited. Then I saw there weren't any boobs and was sad.

Comment

Pulled over by a redneck cop.

Scenario: On a two lane highway running late for a drift event. I reach two vettes that are riding side by side (no room to pass). Following these two cars we pass a cop. Lights come on. I get pulled over and the two vettes go away unharmed.

Cop: Do you know why I pulled you over?
                Me: No officer
                Cop: You were speeding. Do you know how fast you were going?
                Me: I honestly don't know. I was just following the pace of traffic.
                Cop: Bullshit, you were clocked at 86mph.
                Me: So why weren't those vettes pulled over?
                Cop: They were doing 72 and 73 respectively
                Me: So I'm following them doing 15mph more than they are? How am I not crashing into them? Do you even calibrate your gun?
                Cop: Why absolutely... every day.
                Me: I find that hard to believe.

Cop goes to his car. Comes back.

Cop: Sign this ticket.
                *Signs*
                Cop: And by the way, I'm being nice and letting you off with a warning for that exhaust.
                Me: Thanks
                *Ride away*

Just had to pay the lawyer fees for that one. Dunno what the hell will come out of that ticket.

/rant
                Erick Mahle | FullOpp Drift | YouTube
                EurostopUSA | Dunlop Tires | Ireland Engineering | EnthusiastApparel | Ground Control

..::Support FullOpp::..
                FullOpp Stickers for sale!
                NEW | Enthusiast Apparel T-Shirts! | NEW
                Feedback Thread

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
                ...one of the most hardcore E30's around. :D

Comment

some cops are assholes. and some are pretty cool. in my case the cop was both. but this officer was training another officer so.........

cop: license registration and proof of insurance. you know why i pulled you over?
                  me: No
                  cop: you were speeding(didnt catch the speed)
                  Me: well, those guy in front of me were going faster then i was. why was i the only one?
                  cop: (nods head in disappointment) where were you coming from?
                  Me: a friends house i just went there to do some homwork;) 8-)
                  cop:You dont have any weapons or anything in the car right?
                  Me: no (dumbass)

he goes back and takes his sweetass time and while training another officer.

cop: This isnt a drivers license, you need a driver's license to be driving!
                  Me: (bullshitting him) oooh, really?
                  cop: I ticket you for speeding (again didnt catch the speed but i sounded as though he said forty something)
                  no were gonna follow you to you house if you were farther out we, you would have had to leave the car. DONT try to take off on us. (guess he said that cuz i was in my cabby 8-) )
                  Me: ok.

went home talked with the training officer while the officer when to check out my house. the trainee told me that mey brake light was out and it was a 300 dollar fine.

3 months later, i went to court and the judge says that i was pulled over for having a burnt brake light and fined for not having a license at the time. and i thought i was going to get fined for speeding and not be able to get my license for another 6 months. none of that happened. i guess the cop was either retaded or was being cool but i dont know.

two days later got my license, but i didnt have my cabby no mores :(
                  Last edited by Bimmerboy91; 07-23-2007, 11:38 PM.

Comment

The closest call that I can recall was when I was cruising down the interstate and passed an unmarked car beside me. It was one of those days where the traffic was heavy but everyone is still doing 55-60. Then there was an opening in one of the lanes so I took it and accelerated up to 70.

You would think that an unmarked car would stick out worse than any other car but I had my mind on other things and I cruised right by an unmarked state trooper. I must have had a brain fart because I saw the tinted glass and all of the antennas and thought nothing of it. By the time I realized what I had done, the cop came over to my lane behind me and hit his lights and siren. This part of the interstate didnt have a full shoulder but instead it had these little side stops every 2000 feet or so. I immediately pulled over into the emergeny sidestop area but the flow of the traffic prevented the cop from being able to pull over in enough time and he continued past me.

So at the point I was wondering if I am supposed to wait for the cop to come back or if I should drive off. I bet you can guess what I did.

Comment

Racing an Alfa on the highway in the left lane...probably doing 100-110 at the time. He's in front.

Come around a curve...cop in the median facing our lane.

Alfa slams on his brakes...f$$k!

I subsequently slam on my brakes and veer into the shoulder at a high rate of speed...right past the cop. If the Alfa did something stupid, I might have lost it and ran into the cop.

Cop didn't pull out.

He musta been sleeping or eating doughnuts.
                      89 325is track project / 05 x5 / 99 M3
                      E30 stuff for sale | Parts I'm looking for

Comment

This is a good one... from my younger years of alchoholism, when I was ~18...

I'm at a party. Cop walks right in through the back door (wtf?), and makes us sit down. He's lecturing the fuck out of us when he stops, points at me, and says I remember you from DARE class. I'm like "oh". He lectures some more, walks out the front door, and I bail out the back with some other people. Runnin through peoples back yards and finally hit some woods where I just chill for a little. Someone turns this fuckin blue security light at a nearby house on that lights my white shirt up, bright blue. I'm only like 20 feet away from the main road that goes to this kids house, so I take it off and lay down. Call a friend, ask him to come pick me up. I see cops drivin by the woods I was in, so I run down the road away from the area. He picks me up, and we head to my house. A cop gets behind us, and pulls us over (it was 3am, and we were in a lowrider Toyota pickup that sat less then 2" off the ground and has chrome wheels, so it looked suspicious I guess). It was the fucking DARE cop. He's like you were just at that party, and why is your shirt off? I'm like, "uhh, I was hot". He lectures me some more, then lets us go. I don't think he was allowed to walk in through door like that, so I guess that's why he didn't do shit.

Another good one...

I'm partying a few days before my 21st bday. State police show up, we all run and hide, except for one 21 year old. He opens the door, and tells him to get everyone back out in the living room (they were watchin through the windows, and saw us run to the back rooms). I'm like fuck that, I'm gonna act like I'm passed out, if they find me, I'll just say I was sleepin, not hiding. So I lay in this trashed bedroom under a pile of shit for 4 hours while the police hand out citations to these people for disorderly conduct (no underages if they all show up in court, that was the deal).

One more...

I'm sittin in a parking lot, when I was like 17, drinkin in my car with my friend (we live in a small town, we had nowhere else to drink but had a 1/2 gallon of vodka, so fuck it, we just sat there takin shots and bull shittin, in a parking lot like a mile from his house). Cop rolls up, we both have prolly 10-12 shots in us. My friend hides the bottle under his legs in front of the seat. Cop is like, "what are you guys doin"? My friends like, just talkin, "he (pointing to me) just broke up with his gf and wanted to get away from all our friends so we just came here". Then another cop roles up and gets out. The cops like, "have anything to drink"? We fuckin smelled like a vodka factory. We both said no. He's like, "there's some bad weather rollin in, why don't you head home". So we go to leave, and I run over this fuckin tree branch in my e30 and its gets lodged underneath. We drag this huge fuckin thing halfway to my friends house. It starts snowing as soon as we leave, HARD. The cop wasn't shittin, there was some nasty weather comin. So I'm in my e30 with bald tires, sliding all over the fucking place, the cop right behind us. Pull in the driveway, cop keeps goin. I have no idea why he didn't bust us.

I have so many more stupid things I've done...
                        85 325e m60b44 6 speed / 89 535i
                        e30 restoration and V8 swap
                        24 Hours of Lemons e30 build

Comment

A good driving story:

I rolled through a stop sign, spun through first, rolled second, chirped third, and hit about 80 in a 35.

There was a cop behind me the whole time.

He gave me a "disobeying traffic control device" citation. I have no idea why.
                          85 325e m60b44 6 speed / 89 535i
                          e30 restoration and V8 swap
                          24 Hours of Lemons e30 build

Comment

Tagging an unmarked police car with a paintball gun on halloween and escaping a chase on foot.

97 Cosmos M3

Comment

Originally posted by MattE30 View Post
                              Tagging an unmarked police car with a paintball gun on halloween and escaping a chase on foot.

Thats some good shit there,
                              Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Working...
                              X