Shipping to Canada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shipping to Canada

I have a quick question about shipping. Will it cost me more to ship to Canada then if I was shipping across the US? If so, how much more?

ONLY go with USPS, others like Fedex and UPS are cheaper for the shipping, but the fees will end up being more for customs, i just tried this and asked all over.
    USPS is by far the cheapest, the fees are really small, you have a 70 pound limit but the cost of shipping is slightly more, but, in the long run its cheaper alltogether. Trust me on that.

Comment

I second Boomerang. Shipping with USPS can be just as fast (4 to 5 days by air), will cost about the same, but paperwork is less, and there will be no broker fee charged to the sendee.

I personally don't work with UPS and FedUp. On CanadaPost and USPS. Great services and they also have tracking #.
      Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

Yes, it costs more. How much more it cost depends alot on how big/heavy it is.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

It will definitely cost you more to ship to Canada. How much more will depend most prominently on the value of your shipment, but there is always a wildcard cost element in US–Canada shipments as well. I live in Canada and frequently import from the US, with services like USPS brokerage and importation fee rates are fairly predictable; but with any of the expedited private services like FedEx, UPS, DHL, and any of the others I’ve used, there are frequently miscellaneous or exaggerated fees that can really add up. When I imported my new sway-bar for example the UPS brokerage/miscellaneous fee was more than the cost of the bar!!!! On the other hand if you are forwarding the cost of brokerage and importation fees to the receiver of your packages your cost shouldn’t be too much higher than shipping an equivalent distance within the US I believe.

Comment

Well, I will be shipping an m20 intake manifold. Does 40 bucks sound about right for shipping?

Comment

I'd guess its going to cost more than that.

USPS has an online rate calculator. It's pretty accurate.

It costs us $20-25 to send to Canada a 1-2lb box with a pair of shoes in it (just slightly larger in size than an average shoe box).

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Working...
              X