Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have experience with Ducati Motorcycles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A buddy of mine just bought a Ducati.

It is yellow.

Closing SOON!
    "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

God damn I want a bike...

'88 325is
      VP UT of Austin Autoholics
      BMWCCA 380364

Comment

Originally posted by Kruzen View Post
        Don't get anything more than a 600 to start off on, and NOT a ducati, they are race tuned bikes and way out of your league, no offense.

I'd start out on a suzuki 600RS or a kawa 500 or 650R.

Once you get a few thousand seat miles upgrade to a CBR600RR or a GXS-R600 or 750
        I agree, and that was my first inclination... but my instructor told me that i really don't want anything less than a 600. for the following reasons:

1) They obviously don't have the power that some others do. One of a motorcycles best defenses is the maneuvering and braking/accelerating capability.

2)I'm a big guy at 6'4" 23x lbs so i do weight the bike down a bit.

3) the Ducati has a lower red-line/more usuable power band. I think it redlines at 11 or 10.5 whereas the rice bikes twist to 14-16k. I'll have more usuable power with the Ducati which is good for the dodging of objects, passing cars effectively, ect.

Same time however, my buddy who is about 5'8" 160 went out and bought a 2007 harley 1200 sportster. That thing weights like 700 lbs and it's a modded 1200. that's a lot of bike for someone to start out with (especially at his size) - so I guess I figure I can find the one for me and learn to ride it.

When i point-blank asked the instructor what kind of bike to get, he said,"Find the one you can't stop looking at, dream about, and obsess over. You can learn to ride it."
        PNW Crew
        90 m3
        06 m5

Comment

Originally posted by uofom3 View Post
          I agree, and that was my first inclination... but my instructor told me that i really don't want anything less than a 600. for the following reasons:

1) They obviously don't have the power that some others do. One of a motorcycles best defenses is the maneuvering and braking/accelerating capability.

2)I'm a big guy at 6'4" 23x lbs so i do weight the bike down a bit.

3) the Ducati has a lower red-line/more usuable power band. I think it redlines at 11 or 10.5 whereas the rice bikes twist to 14-16k. I'll have more usuable power with the Ducati which is good for the dodging of objects, passing cars effectively, ect.

Same time however, my buddy who is about 5'8" 160 went out and bought a 2007 harley 1200 sportster. That thing weights like 700 lbs and it's a modded 1200. that's a lot of bike for someone to start out with (especially at his size) - so I guess I figure I can find the one for me and learn to ride it.

When i point-blank asked the instructor what kind of bike to get, he said,"Find the one you can't stop looking at, dream about, and obsess over. You can learn to ride it."
          Alright lemme put it this way, I ride a ninja 250 and can mostly keep up with dudes in the twisties on their gixxer 750's etc. They just demolish me in a straight line. In a couple months i'm buying a CBR600RR or a GSXR-600. Honestly though, your first bike isn't your last bike, i'm a big dude too (230lbs) and both myself and everyone I know is glad I started out relatively small, It gives you a chance to get 'good' at bike operation mechanis without killing yourself from panicking. I'd start out with something a little smaller or less 'race designated' as your first bike, hell, pickup a 5 year old ninja or something for 2 or 3000$, bike's hold their value pretty well, so when you're ready to move up, just dump it and buy a new one. Especially with fall season coming up
          Who doesn't love a little BBQ?
          Griot's Garage at a Deep Discount

Comment

I agree with Kruzen's logic. I used to ride smaller bikes when I was just starting out, perfect dropped it twice in 7 months. One a dog incident and the other was I got tunnel focused VERY BAD.

Needless to say I rode it for about a year and have and then took a hiatuus from bikes for a few years but bought a Ducati 748sp when I could afford it, or at least I thought I could. I rode that off and on for 2 years and sold it when maintance was killing me. Made money back off it though.

Comment

That's it, I'm fixing the bike here at the shop and I am going to start riding that. God damnit.....this makes me want to ride so bad.
              My 2.9L Build!

Originally posted by Ernest Hemingway
              There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.

Comment

70/30~

Originally posted by bjhcamaro View Post
                Or get on one these a Supermoto. Very fast will sit side by side with a 600 up till about 80, will top out around 110. And you can jump shit and pop up curbs. Valvue adjustments take about 20mins.

Nice tard, i dont know about that poping up curbs....

\

Comment

Working...
                X