baseball cards are a gyp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

baseball cards are a gyp

i just spent $40 on baseball cards and Hi-C juice boxes because i was bored, and god damn they dont give you very many cards anymore.

im gonna email topps and threaten to burn down the baseball card stand at meijer if they dont give me my fucking money back. the Hi-C boxes rock though blazin blueberry ftw.

Did you enjoy your piece of gum with the baseball cards?

1992 BMW 325iC
    1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
    1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

but damn, they make a nice clikity clickity sound in the spokes . . .
      Current Cars
      2014 M235i
      2009 R56 Cooper S
      1998 M3
      1997 M3

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
        but damn, they make a nice clikity clickity sound in the spokes . . .
        my dad did that with babe ruth and mickey mantle cards................ if only they knew!
        NEED SOME VINYL STICKERS???

Comment

Are you eight years old?

Tell the truth

"One of my top five favorite, like, cool...nerd cars"

'89 325i-sold
          '98 528i

Comment

I hope you burned any Barry Bonds cards you got in those packs of cards !!!
            Last edited by atomic; 08-28-2007, 10:58 PM.

Comment

Theyre not decks, theyre packs, FWIW lol. I remember selling my cards and getting like $4k in high school.
              Originally posted by blunt
              i would jerk larry king off while tonging jflips ass if h0lmes would blow his head off

Comment

Originally posted by atomic View Post
                I hope you burned any Barry Bonds cards you got in those decks of cards !!!
                Why? Even without the home run record, he'd still be the second best player ever to grace a diamond.

Comment

maybe so but how would you rank him if no steriods ???

Comment

Originally posted by BDSax View Post
                    my dad did that with babe ruth and mickey mantle cards................ if only they knew!
                    When was your dad born? I highly doubt he was alive when you didnt know a Babe Ruth card would be worth both your nuts.

Originally posted by TwoJ's View Post
                    Why? Even without the home run record, he'd still be the second best player ever to grace a diamond.
                    Absolute bullshit. 2nd best player ever??? Thats just wrong.

Mariano

2001 Titaniumsilber 540i Sport 6-Speed
                    1990 Diamantschwarz Alpha-N 2.5L ///M3
                    1986 Alpinweiss 325e M50B25 (R.I.P.)

-Talk to me when more sound comes from the induction than from the exhaust...

-Argentina........lo mas grande que hay.

Comment

Originally posted by CleanAzzE30z View Post
                      Absolute bullshit. 2nd best player ever??? Thats just wrong.

Mariano
                      Any rationale for your statement? He was a 5 tool player. Invented the 40/40 club (only four members total). 7 MVP's, 8 gold gloves etc. Sure, he probably took steriods, but people don't understand that they can't help that much. The year he hit 73 home runs, he still hit for a very impressive average (.328) and that is nothing that any "power hitter" has done.

Here are some stats:

Bonds leads all active players in home runs (761), RBI (1,990), walks (2,550), intentional walks (684), on-base percentage (.445), runs (2,219), games (2,969), extra-base hits (1,437), at-bats per home run (12.9), and total bases (5,957). He is 2nd in doubles (600), slugging percentage (.608), stolen bases (514), at-bats (9,801), and hits (2,923), 5th in triples (77), and 8th in strikeouts (1,537) and sacrifice flies (91), thru August 22, 2007.

Has won a record seven MVP awards (his closest competitors trail with three)

He's the only member of the 400/400 and 500/500 clubs.

So why again is it complete bull shit? Please enlighten me.

Comment

Originally posted by TwoJ's View Post
                        Any rationale for your statement? He was a 5 tool player. Invented the 40/40 club (only four members total). 7 MVP's, 8 gold gloves etc. Sure, he probably took steriods, but people don't understand that they can't help that much. The year he hit 73 home runs, he still hit for a very impressive average (.328) and that is nothing that any "power hitter" has done.

Here are some stats:

Bonds leads all active players in home runs (761), RBI (1,990), walks (2,550), intentional walks (684), on-base percentage (.445), runs (2,219), games (2,969), extra-base hits (1,437), at-bats per home run (12.9), and total bases (5,957). He is 2nd in doubles (600), slugging percentage (.608), stolen bases (514), at-bats (9,801), and hits (2,923), 5th in triples (77), and 8th in strikeouts (1,537) and sacrifice flies (91), thru August 22, 2007.

Has won a record seven MVP awards (his closest competitors trail with three)

He's the only member of the 400/400 and 500/500 clubs.

So why again is it complete bull shit? Please enlighten me.

All of that might be true but with the steriod scandal it makes it = null .... VOID !!!!

Comment

How so? Steroids cannot make you a better fielder, can't improve hand-eye coordination or do anything except make you stronger. Sure, steroids may have yielded him a few more home runs, but that is irrelevent. He would still be the second best player ever with a hundred less home runs. And beside that, who's to say that many of the pitchers he faced weren't roiding too? If you keep up on baseball news, there is a former mets employee that has a list of over 200 players that he's named that he personally knows took steroids.

Even through all of this, and in the time since (3 seasons later) Bonds still maintains the highest on base percentage and OPS (on base plus slugging) in the league. Without steroids and at the age of 43 he is still one of the most feared hitters in the game.

Comment

Originally posted by atomic View Post
                            maybe so but how would you rank him if no steriods ???
                            The same as anyone else that's played the last 10-15 years. Everyone has been juicing. Sheffield, Bonds, McGuire, Canseco, Sosa, Brady Anderson, Giambi, etc.

-Charlie
                            Swing wild, brake later, don't apologize.
                            '89 324d, '76 02, '98 318ti, '03 Z4, '07 MCS, '07 F800s - Bonafide BMW elitist prick.
                            FYYFF

Comment

Agree with Two Js. You can take some Hrs off his total, sure, go for it. But even if hes only at, say... 500 HRs.... hes still #2 of all time. So he cant throw out sid bream at home plate, so what? 5 hopper FTW.

If I were to take anyone in MLB history, Id take willie mays #1, Bonds #2, Manny Ramirez #3 ;)
                              Originally posted by blunt
                              i would jerk larry king off while tonging jflips ass if h0lmes would blow his head off

Comment

Working...
                              X