Flame throwers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flame throwers

Anyone ever make a flame thrower out of a super soaker, or design your own super soaker?

I was checking out some badass homemade super soakers such as this...

And of course if you search youtube for flame throwers you will see the many store-bought super soakers used for flame throwers...

So I'm thinking, build one of these durable and powerful PVC guns, attaching a flame at the end, filling with flammable liquid of my choice, and lighting shit up.

Anyone here have any experience with such activities?
    85 325e m60b44 6 speed / 89 535i
    e30 restoration and V8 swap
    24 Hours of Lemons e30 build

looks like a way to kill yourself.
    Originally posted by blunt
    i would jerk larry king off while tonging jflips ass if h0lmes would blow his head off

Comment

I do not think I would try to build such a device out of plastic ! It just seems to be a bad choice of materials. And I'm sure the ATF would really love you too.... But if you want to toy with your life go right ahead and build you a flame thrower out of pvc.....

Comment

People have been doing it with soaper soakers with no issues. Would you trust the thin super soaker "plastic" or PVC?

I'm not saying its smart or that I would recommend it at your kids 8th birthday party.

Comment

I would trust the pvc of super soaker anyday but still wouldn't do it for my own safety.

Comment

I always fear flames traveling. I worry about the flame from the lighter going into the can of spraypaint, wd-40, brake cleaner, oven cleaner, any compressed pressureized flamable liquid. Gasoline in a plastic squirtgun isn't my slice of cake. I broke one of those pumping, what if the difference in fluid viscosity caused a catastrophic failure that sprays a highly combustable mist of fuel vapors around your ignition source.

See ya later...

Comment

I didn't ask if everyone would feel safe doing this.

I want to know if anyone here has experience doing this (not likely, but figured it was worth a shot).

Comment

Actually, never mind. I'm looking at the design and it looks like there is an awful lot of air in the same tube as the fuel (read: bomb). A few seconds of logical thinking leads me to not want to do this anymore.

Comment

2 seconds of thinking even like an idiot should have made you not want to do this anymore lol.
                  Originally posted by blunt
                  i would jerk larry king off while tonging jflips ass if h0lmes would blow his head off

Comment

Never made one of those. But i do have a potato gun made from pvc.

1992 BMW 325iC
                    1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
                    1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Originally posted by JGood View Post
                      I didn't ask if everyone would feel safe doing this.

I want to know if anyone here has experience doing this (not likely, but figured it was worth a shot).

Wouldn't DO it, thus, No experience.

Comment

I got one even better for you-

I was using diesel fuel to kill the weeds and grass that was growing in between the cracks of a parking lot on a VERY hot day using a big plastic pump container with a sprayer hose. After the fact it dawned on me that I was taking a serious risk. I don't know how much pressure and heat it takes to make diesel fuel ignite but apparently I would have been safer with a match and a bucket of gasoline.

Comment

Originally posted by JasonC View Post
                          Never made one of those. But i do have a potato gun made from pvc.
                          That's one thing I never did in my life. Everyone made potato guns, but not me. Maybe that's where my desire for a flame thrower comes from.

Comment

bar-b-q ignighter, coil wire, spark plug, helicoil, three to six ft. of black PVC, aqua-net hairspray.

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
                              bar-b-q ignighter, coil wire, spark plug, helicoil, three to six ft. of black PVC, aqua-net hairspray.

KABOOM !!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X