What wrong with TV?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What wrong with TV?

I had a wicked cold last week and missed a couple days of work. Between naps on the couch I watched a bunch of TV. God what crap! The bullshit on TV should insult the intelligence of a sixth grader.

Hugh Hefner has got to be completely senile. How could any thinking person not be embarrassed by the pretty morons he surrounds himself with? One would think that at some point, their novelty would wear off. Does that Kendra girl know that she sounds like an absolute idiot? I guess good fellatio never gets old. The network is laughing all the way to the bank.

Then there is a show about a chain of tanning salons in Hollywood. Its theme seems to be catfights and backstabbing. The principals act like this is serious business. How can you make a program about the rough-and-tumble world of indoor tanning and the people who make it happen? This show also features bubbly airheads with speed limit IQ’s and grown men with tinted hair

There’s a show called Tapout. It follows a group of assholes who drive around the country looking for the next MMA champion. White guy number one is a toothless dolt with an afro. I cant remember what he calls himself. No one uses there real name anymore evidently. White guy number two is some dipshit who calls himself “Mask”. (not “The Mask” just mask). He paints his face with different styles of make-up and calls everyone “dog.” He also appears to be found of camouflage clothing. He’s clearly proud of his GED.

Pardon my use of the following mega expletives but Nancy Grace is a fucking self-absorbed waffleswaffleswaffleswaffles. I honestly wish something bad would happen to her. Period.

The worst part about this entire TV situation is that there must be hoards of Americans who just eat this shit up. It’s sad and doesn’t say a lot about our collective intellect. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not a Mensa member. Nor am I a blue-blooded wasp with aristocracy in my family tree. But this stuff is vile. I’m not talking about morality either.

Remember the opening scene to the Jodie Foster movie “Contact”? An imaginary space ship departs Earth as TV and radio sounds play in the background. The ship flies at the speed of light and catches up to old radio programs until it passes them all and there is nothing but silence. Some day, an alien civilization is going to hear all this crap and decide to vaporize our planet to allow passage of a galactic overpass.

When I watch TV, I like to watch (for example) Anthony Bourdain. He’s a chef who does a travel show called No Reservations. Lots of good food in cool, off-the-beaten-path places. I also admit that I like a good comedy. I just rented Super Fuzz! Well done and very funny. I had a hard time with the accents sometimes, may as well have been French! Finally, in spite of all my pontificating, I need to admit that I like a lot of the grown-up cartoons like Family Guy, Southpark, and Simpsons. Stuwie kills me.

There are other shows that really bugged me but my rant-induced adrenaline rush is wearing off and I cant remember them all. Maybe we could turn this into a “Make Greta Van Susteren wear make-up” thread.

Sorry about the cursing. I need a drink now, whew.

kroberts
    Last edited by kroberts; 09-11-2007, 04:00 PM.

No Reservations

x2

Comment

sadly TV is a direct reflection on our society. for the most part we are mouth breathing derelicts. i watch COPS only to feel better about myself. otherwise i dont watch TV
      We can serve you better through Email

sales@blunttech.com
      www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

I'll second that.... but switch COPS for Top Gear...

Originally posted by blunt View Post
        sadly TV is a direct reflection on our society. for the most part we are mouth breathing derelicts. i watch COPS only to feel better about myself. otherwise i dont watch TV

Comment

what kind of meds do the docs have you on for your wicked cold ?? Damn thats one hell of a rant LOL Yeah TV does suck alot. Nothing like having 200 channels of nothing on for $100 month what a pure rip off

Comment

I don't have a TV. Don't miss it one bit.

If I want to see something, I download it.

I used to make fun of the tree hugging waffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswaffless with "kill your TV" bumper stickers. Although I don't think everyone should kill their TV, I think 90% of the bullshit shown is harmful to kids and will continue the downward spiral of society.
            85 325e m60b44 6 speed / 89 535i
            e30 restoration and V8 swap
            24 Hours of Lemons e30 build

Comment

Most shows are crap now days. I usally watch reruns.

Star Trek
              Star Trek TNG
              Gunsmoke
              Bonanza
              M*A*S*H
              Cartoon Network (Adult Swim)
              Discovery Channel
              TLC
              History Channel
              Speed Channel
              Nick (Spong Bob)
              G4 (Code Monkeys, Ninja Warrior)

1992 BMW 325iC
              1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
              1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

It used to be a time when the majority of daytime television consisted of news and game shows and maybe a few syndicated reruns of Charlie's Angels. Now the demand for bullshit television has increased so much that the local NBC and ABC affiliates here don't even have a noonday news program. Its just straight talkshows about paternity tests, out of control teenagers and victimized women and then they might show a soap opera or two and then it goes right back to the talk shows until Seinfeld reruns come on.

Comment

I'm also a big fan of No Reservations

"One of my top five favorite, like, cool...nerd cars"

'89 325i-sold
                  '98 528i

Comment

HBO is not TV.
                    Reminiscing...

Comment

tv is great, there's something for everyone. yeah that means there's a lot of crap too, so dont watch it. scrubs, boondocks, venture bros, stroker and hoop, charlie rose, die hard 1 and 3. i love it all.
                      sigpic

Comment

Seinfeld and Dirty Jobs are the only shows I watch. I only watch speed when the ALMS and F1 come on.
                        Byron
                        Leichtbau

Comment

Loved the rant...

Nancy Grace is a fucking self-absorbed waffleswaffleswaffleswaffles
                          Roger that....

What I want to know is when did the news turn into some loud mouth giving their thoughts and feels about a topic? Tell me the fucking news, I'll figure out for myself how I feel about it.
                          Originally posted by Matt-B
                          hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

i confide in everything you said.
                            lost and sg-1 went off and i didnt care i lost my free cable.

Comment

Television is the worst thing that's happened to america.

While watching your television please keep in mind:

You use more of your brain while staring at a blank wall than watching television.

That being said, I still watch some shows, but never on TV... either DVD or h4xed stuff.

Comment

Working...
                              X