No announcement yet.

how to protect my new paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, when I got my whole front end repainted and my new hood, I waited for the paint to cure and then applied the lamin-x as soon as I could, peace of mind. My old e30 wasn't a show car but who wants chips in a brand new paint job?

Comment

yeah I know bro, I painted the whole car, every little spec is now painted and all the dings removed

I dont want to mess it up, so I will have to order the laminx film from them directly than

Comment

Just a guess here but buy wheel/tire combo that doesn't stick out so much ?? Or mudflaps ?? LOL

The lamin-x stuff is probably going to be your only way out but I highly doubt you will find any precut kits for the e30 as well...

Good luck and nice looking paintjob you had done

Comment

thanks atomioc, yeah the laminx is the way to go

I am wondering how the car would look though slammed and the mudflaps scraping the road, maybe cool

Comment

Call Matt at Premier Collision in Tacoma. They can custom cut any clear vinyl protection for your car. 253-722-5224. Tell him Ryan sent ya!;) haha. If you car was painted with a good quality clear, it should be quite resistant to chips.

Comment

Thank You Ryan, you rule

will call and see what can be done, do they also do the install of the film

Comment

Originally posted by Janissarie View Post
                Thank You Ryan, you rule

will call and see what can be done, do they also do the install of the film
                Sure do. Thats one of those things that you would want to have professionally done anyways. I've seen them do it and it looks like a royal pain in the ass.

Comment

thanks bro, I will call them and ask how much to do the car

Jani

see you around bro

Comment

you're welcome brotha man.

Comment

Working...
                    X