No announcement yet.

The R3V Bicycle Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree man, my LBS is slacking too. I think the owner is off on other business and his wife would rather him deal with me haha. the owner is a good friend of the family though so thats understandable. And i have to bring back his sand blaster...
    -Chris

Comment

Originally posted by So Live View Post
      Anybody have a clue what bars those are?
      Nitto RB021
      1989 Bronzit 325ia- Sold
      1986 Diamondschwarz Grey Market 325i Sport Mtech 1- Parted out
      1988 Delphin 327i- Sold
      1995 Cosmos M3- Current

Comment

Well, I've skidded through my first tire... shitty stock Kendas...

Time for a Gator Skin!

And proper tire pressure FTW. My back tire was at 50 psi before we went out riding last night. Aired them up to just over 110, and I felt twice as fast.

Comment

Teh end results...

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post

Teh end results...

IMO, worth it.

Comment

Here's a pic of my buddy's bike:

Comment

Got a new back tire today, Specialized Armadillo. Little spendy, but it should hold up a lot better than the shitty bottom-of-the-barrel Kendas that my bike came with stock. I'll probably get one for the front, too. And the sidewalls are even red, to match the rest of my little red accents here and there.

Also shortened my brake cable, so it's not trying to wrap around my hand while I'm riding, and turned my bars down a little bit, way more comfortable:

And a full shot for good measure:

It's coming along pretty good. I've only got about $150 into it so far after the initial purchase. I definitely still want a different fork, I want a straight one. I'm also going to get some different rims pretty soon, most likely just some Winemann Deep V's. But all in all, I fucking love this bike. It's easily the most fun I've ever had on any bike, and I was into BMX and mtn. bikes in the past.

Comment

Looks great Josh. How spendy are those tires?

Comment

here's my beater. not exactly how i want it(seat/post blow), and i kinda out grew the frame but it still rides decent. i plan on building a new bike next "season"

never gunna give you up?

houndstooth bitches

Comment

Here's a pic of the latest ride, Schwinn Cutter, swapped fork, headset, cranks/bb, Pedals, seat and post. The best part is that my commuting to work paid for all of it.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
                        Looks great Josh. How spendy are those tires?
                        $37 right now, but they just went up to around $50. But my friend works at the shop I go to, so he hooked me up. Gonna get one for the front on Friday.

Comment

Do you notice a performance impact or change from tire/tube upgrades?

Comment

I actually only rode it down the street when I got it home, I haven't had a chance to go out riding today. But my buddy at the shop said that I should feel a pretty noticeable difference in ride quality, as well as cornering grip with these tires compared to the shitty stock ones.

Even without the skid patches on my old rear tire, the contact patch of the tire was almost completely flat and worn down, like it was on a belt sander. It looked like the top of Herman Munster's head. And I've had the bike since like, the middle of July.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson View Post
                              I actually only rode it down the street when I got it home, I haven't had a chance to go out riding today. But my buddy at the shop said that I should feel a pretty noticeable difference in ride quality, as well as cornering grip with these tires compared to the shitty stock ones.

Even without the skid patches on my old rear tire, the contact patch of the tire was almost completely flat and worn down, like it was on a belt sander. It looked like the top of Herman Munster's head. And I've had the bike since like, the middle of July.
                              middle of july? wow you got some life out of that thing man.
                              1989 Bronzit 325ia- Sold
                              1986 Diamondschwarz Grey Market 325i Sport Mtech 1- Parted out
                              1988 Delphin 327i- Sold
                              1995 Cosmos M3- Current

Comment

Originally posted by T3rd Ferguson View Post
                                middle of july? wow you got some life out of that thing man.
                                I wasn't riding that much, is the thing tho. I rode it probably every day for half of July and most of August, but then probably only 2-3 times a week after that until now. And I couldn't even really skid for like a month, initially. But regardless, those Kendas that come on it stock are shit. I'm sticking to good tires from here on out.

Comment

Working...
                                X