The R3V Bicycle Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2002maniac View Post
    can someone please explain to me the advantages of a single speed/fixed bike? It really makes no sense to me. climbing must be near impossible. is it just trendy? are people going to start putting carbs and 13" wheels on their cars again?
    Yeah, no kidding. My favorite part about riding is climbing hills, and then being able to trow it in high gear and go 40+ mph on the way down.

And why the hell would you want to remove the brakes? I guess it is all about the trendiness these days.

Comment

Edit: Pointless verbage I speak.

Mr Anderson, that bike looks cool. Cheap components, but a great first bike to learn on and upgrade as you go. You'll see what I mean when you start riding. You'll notice little things here and there that should be different based on your body, and style of riding.
      Bicycles & Bikes - Mountain, Triathlon, Road, Comfort, Hybrid and Women's Bikes, Kestrel, Fuji, Schwinn and GT bikes

Check out the Windsor "The hour" and the other bikes like it. Very similiar.

Comment

Track bikes so, like, trendy man. Fixie wasnt invented until a couple years ago. Thats why people like it. Makes you look cool.

Comment

shit and i thought my '71 was a dinosaur.
          1989 Bronzit 325ia- Sold
          1986 Diamondschwarz Grey Market 325i Sport Mtech 1- Parted out
          1988 Delphin 327i- Sold
          1995 Cosmos M3- Current

Comment

Ok Im not obsessed with this thread, at all.

Comment

seriously, right now, go pick up Mash. SF guys are ridiiccccccc. I just went to the park with my friend matt and rode around backwards for 2 hours. got back and this thread was bumped to the top!? gnarly
              1989 Bronzit 325ia- Sold
              1988 Delphin 327i- Sold
              1995 Cosmos M3- Current

Comment

I know. I need that vid. Those dudes are sick.

I'll never let this thread die :)

Comment

haha i pop in mash like weekly just for a fix. my fav parts are andy and dirt. i don't know what it is about watching it that is so mesmerizing (i mean there is a hell of a lot more going on in a vid like the collective roam, which i love too), but it is.

i've been working on trying to do those spins (dunno wtf they're called!) like the one at :15 in the last vid, can't seem to get the rotational speed yet. i can't for the life of me get a wheelie that lasts either.

Comment

Bumping this up! I just bought my first Road Bike yesterday. I can't stop riding it I absolutely love the thing. It's a 56cm '08 Specialized Allez Comp.

-Erik
                    '16 Focus 2.0L - '99 Protegé DX 1.6L POS (Sold) - '87 4runner 22R-E (Sold) - '86 Schwarz S50 (Sold) - '02 WRX Wagon (sold) - '07 Impreza 2.5i (sold) - '91 Alpine M52 (Sold) - '89 Alpine 325is (Sold)

Originally posted by 87e30
                    I just want to dance with some beezies

Comment

Ok dude, now you need a bike rack on that euro lookin thang of yours. Would look sick on top of it.

Nice bike!

Comment

yeah I know, I want to find a nice used one since a new one is $400+ <--- eff that.

Thanks, once I get the interior redone in Imola red, I will have a color matched bike ;)
                        -Erik
                        '16 Focus 2.0L - '99 Protegé DX 1.6L POS (Sold) - '87 4runner 22R-E (Sold) - '86 Schwarz S50 (Sold) - '02 WRX Wagon (sold) - '07 Impreza 2.5i (sold) - '91 Alpine M52 (Sold) - '89 Alpine 325is (Sold)

Comment

i am in ocean city for two weeks and I threw my fixed on the veedub and went for a 29 mile ride yesterday. i can still walk! yay! That is the longest ride i have gone on riding this bike.

Just a reminder (my favorite picture of it)

1989 Bronzit 325ia- Sold
                          1988 Delphin 327i- Sold
                          1995 Cosmos M3- Current

Comment

Are you going to H2Oi this year? I'll bring my bike on the E30 ;)
                            -Erik

Comment

Andy:

Does the seat not kill your ass? Its like tilted backwards.

Comment

That bike is sick, Andy. I'm ordering mine today, that black one I posted above. I can't wait to get it. My friend Brandon just ordered that Windsor Hour yesterday.

Check out this fucking seat I just ordered, too:

I'm also going to get a different set of bars, probably just some risers, not sure yet. But then I want to go with an orange chain and orange grips, and I might get some vinyl paint and paint the machine guns on the Rogue Status seat orange, too.

Comment

Working...
                                X