No announcement yet.

The R3V Bicycle Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

around here there aren't really any hills, it's not a huge deal. and i don't really agree with the cost of tire vs brakes argument. I skid for fun. I just slow down when I want to brake.
    Originally posted by blunt
    can you get me a deal on cases of their (fiji) bottled water? i wash my 02 in that shit

Comment

Originally posted by ColdAccord View Post
      around here there aren't really any hills, it's not a huge deal. and i don't really agree with the cost of tire vs brakes argument. I skid for fun. I just slow down when I want to brake.
      See, thats cool. Basically exactly what I do. But 4 rides to a tire means skidding like every time you want to slow down. I think thats retarded. But skidding for fun is well, fun.

Comment

si, si si. i have a 3.0 ratio and one skid spot, but I don't get why others dont just rotate the wheel a bit to move the spot
        Originally posted by blunt
        can you get me a deal on cases of their (fiji) bottled water? i wash my 02 in that shit

Comment

Originally posted by e30esque View Post
          Go EAD. I build my own bikes, ride fixed, and have been employed as a bike mechanic for seven years. I just don't see the point of wasting money.

Yeah, let me mount a brake on my bridgestone. Anyone got any drill bits I can use so I can drill a fuckin brake hole?

You have no clue what style I ride, or what I'm doing on a bike.
          Ive been using the same Soma Everwear on my beater bike for 5 months now and I dont even have to lift my ass up to skid. So if that lets you know how much skidding I'm doing, then you'd be impressed. Its nothing but hills here, like I said before in the original statement. Gran Compe's are track only tires, I just thought they'd last a bit longer. But wait, arent you a bike mechanic? You probably already knew that ;)
          Besides, everything you said was a fuckin opinion anyways. I have a real job, so I can afford to blow through tires. Sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by scabzzzz View Post
            yeah, let me mount a brake on my bridgestone. Anyone got any drill bits i can use so i can drill a fuckin brake hole?

You have no clue what style i ride, or what i'm doing on a bike.
            Ive been using the same soma everwear on my beater bike for 5 months now and i dont even have to lift my ass up to skid. So if that lets you know how much skidding i'm doing, then you'd be impressed. Its nothing but hills here, like i said before in the original statement. Gran compe's are track only tires, i just thought they'd last a bit longer. But wait, arent you a bike mechanic? You probably already knew that ;)
            besides, everything you said was a fuckin opinion anyways. I have a real job, so i can afford to blow through tires. Sorry.
            :d

Comment

Yeah, let me mount a brake on my bridgestone. Anyone got any drill bits I can use so I can drill a fuckin brake hole?
              roffles @ david.

Comment

Originally posted by T3rd Ferguson View Post

this be mah byke

You find those bars comfy like that? Good looking bike.

Comment

I guess I need to build a fixie before i post in this thread.

Why don't we just change the title?

I saw a bunch of kids with the matching hairdo's capri pants and messenger bags filled with nothing walking their color coded bikes around in Redlands at the races. I thought it was funny.

Before the flame war begins, I have no issue with fixed gears but the whole "culture" thing that it turned into is retarded to me: less riding and more standing around making fun of people who don't spend $2000 on their fixie.

Sort of feel the same way about the "car culture" thing among certain circles.

Back on topic:
                  Just for kicks, here's the bike I'm building up for my wife. 1986 Centurion "Dave Scott" symmetric, meaning it has a unique frame geometry for women utilizing a 24" front wheel and 700c rear wheel.
                  Untouched "before" pic with mandatory white garage door.
                  Attached Files
                  '74 2002 - Build blog at
                  nomads2002.blogspot.com

Comment

I just finished tuning up a bike like that. Pretty cool if you ask me.

Comment

Ive been using the same Soma Everwear on my beater bike for 5 months now and I dont even have to lift my ass up to skid. So if that lets you know how much skidding I'm doing, then you'd be impressed. Its nothing but hills here, like I said before in the original statement. Gran Compe's are track only tires, I just thought they'd last a bit longer. But wait, arent you a bike mechanic? You probably already knew that ;)
                      Besides, everything you said was a fuckin opinion anyways. I have a real job, so I can afford to blow through tires. Sorry.
                      :blowup:lulzzzz
                      tasty

Comment

Originally posted by rodrigo View Post
                        You find those bars comfy like that? Good looking bike.
                        yes, i do. they are wider than they look in that picture.

and nomad: sorry if it's a trend to you, but i just logged my 1000th mile on my bike last week. a bike i finished building with my own two hands on labor day weekend 2008. so if that means i'm too busy standing around trying to look cool... EAD

-Andy
                        1989 Bronzit 325ia- Sold
                        1986 Diamondschwarz Grey Market 325i Sport Mtech 1- Parted out
                        1988 Delphin 327i- Sold
                        1995 Cosmos M3- Current

Comment

Originally posted by T3rd Ferguson View Post
                          and nomad: sorry if it's a trend to you, but i just logged my 1000th mile on my bike last week. a bike i finished building with my own two hands on labor day weekend 2008. so if that means i'm too busy standing around trying to look cool... EAD

-Andy
                          QFT. I built my bike myself from the frame up this winter, doing everything myself but pressing the headset in. I'll stand around it and show it off as much as I damn well please.

Everything everyone does is a trend. Get over it.

Comment

Flamesuit on.

Good, I'm glad there are those who build 'em and use 'em. That's what I do with cars and bikes. I respect that.

But if you feel the need to dress and act a certain way just because you're in the "fixie" group then I don't care who you are, it's retarded. Most people like that are on to the next trend a year later as if it's "who they are".

And BTW, I don't wear spandex to fit in with roadies either. ;) The guys I ride with on the weekends, I respect and learn from but I still do my own thing.
                            '74 2002 - Build blog at
                            nomads2002.blogspot.com

Comment

Oh no, excuse me. I really don't what you are doing on a bike.
                              And no I don't know what Gran Compe's are, I'm not a parts whore. I just point to what I want and get it at cost.

Comment

I got back a few hours ago from my first actual ride of the season. A quite flat 20 miles with a couple friends in much better shape than I. But they've also been riding about every day. Anyway, it felt good to finally get back out but I feel it in my legs. A good ride to start again. I'm happy with it.

Comment

Working...
                                X