The R3V Bicycle Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ColdAccord View Post
    Anyone at that joint in Richmond VA? Just rolled up to that cog party or whatever
    I decided not to go, but a bunch of Nashville people went.

Comment

time to ride

Look What I got.....F*ckin YUMM.. I just picked up the Cervelo Soloist Carbon frame. Can't wait to build it up so I can run it down..
      dlm ny
      Attached Files

Comment

Wow sexy ride dude! looks pretty intense

Anybody got a good iPhone cycling app? I wanna see like routes, speed, distance, maybe elevation logged...

AND, anybody doing Bike NY 5 borough ride this year?
        Last edited by So Live; 03-03-2010, 01:36 PM.
        -Chris

Comment

Originally posted by So Live View Post
          Wow sexy ride dude! looks pretty intense

Anybody got a good iPhone cycling app? I wanna see like routes, speed, distance, maybe elevation logged...

AND, anybody doing Bike NY 5 borough ride this year?
          mapmyride has a free iphone app. not bad.
          sigpic

Comment

Crap. Bikes are yet another thing I spend far too much time and money on.

I've currently got three good bikes, and a bunch of yardsale parts bikes. Sorry for the crappy pictures. Also, You'll notice none of the bikes have bottle cages. It's not that I don't drink, I just use a Camelbak.

Fixie: Bridgestone Kabuki frame, purchased for $20. I sanded it down, primed and painted flat black, then built up with new eBay parts. Sram S300 crankset, Look KeĂł Sprint pedals, Vuelta Track wheelset, super light aluminum bars, one little brake up front. 48/16 gearing. I actually had to machine my own quill seat-post, instead of using a clamp at the top of the seat-tube,the seat-post has a quill, like a stem. It was also a really wierd size, so I combined a few junk seatposts + lathe + mill + two hours of my time to make one. I've put about 1,000 miles on it since finishing it. Total investment: $300.

Mountain Bike: Trek 3900, bought new a few years ago. Just got back into off road stuff (BMXed for 5 years), so for now it's completely stock, save for rat cages, real tires, and better grips. I also stripped it of all reflectors/ guards/ crap. I still have this habit from the BMX days.

Motorized Bike: Saw one of those kits on eBay for $79, ordered one, and realized I'd need a bike to put it on. So I found a 1959 Raleigh Tourister in some guy's backyard, offered him $15 for it, and he took it. It was rusty and needed everything, but I completely stripped it, sandblasted everything, and painted it all Army Green, with Army Beige accents. Rebuilt both hubs, headset, bottom bracket. I even restored the rod brake system (no cables, little rods and pivot points). Then I added the engine, Ammo can, lights, etc. It gets 120mpg, goes 40mph, and everyone is convinced it's from WWII. I only spent about $250 on it.

Last edited by TomSuddard; 03-04-2010, 08:07 PM.

Comment

Dude, you keep getting cooler.

Comment

That WWII looker, that's class right there. Good work!
                i'lldoitforacaravan

Comment

Alright, I need some help guys, I really want a fixed gear and I've got that old Schwinn Varsity 10 speed, would it be worth it to try and convert that or just pick up one off ebay?
                  Last edited by e30_kid; 03-05-2010, 11:44 AM.

Comment

eBay. 249.00 special, If you like it, then upgrade, if you don't like fixed, you won't be out as much.

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
                      Dude, you keep getting cooler.
                      Seriously.

The WWII is awesome. Do want.
                      Originally posted by z31maniac
                      I just hate everyone.

No need for discretion.

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
                        eBay. 249.00 special, If you like it, then upgrade, if you don't like fixed, you won't be out as much.
                        That's what I'm thinking, just gotta convince my father to let me sell the bike seeing as I just bought it. Bright side is that it's one day shipping....

Comment

Well the road bike is sold. Going to go check out a p.1 tonight.
                          Originally posted by z31maniac
                          I just hate everyone.

No need for discretion.

Comment

Holy shit its been a long winter! Its finally getting to the point where i actually want to be out riding again. So i bought a new bike.

early-mid 90's Benotto 1700 track bike 57 c-t st /57 c-c tt
                            Has really pretty Cinelli lugs
                            Not sure what fork but looks like a Cinelli (maybe a fake but idk)
                            Campy Headset
                            Cinelli 130mm quill
                            Cinelli Drops
                            Surly fix/fix hubs
                            Surly 16t cog
                            Sun Cr-18 rims
                            Michilin 23c
                            Shimano 600 road crankset
                            42T chainring
                            MKS Sylvans, Soma quad gates and Soma double straps
                            San Marco Regal saddle Has cool bronze looking rails.

Probably going to throw my Selle Turbo on but idk yet

And waiting on a Nitto Pearl 9 + surly bull horns from Scabzzzz cause i dont like drops and this stem is a little long for me

And i cant believe how much different a bike with good geometry feels than my old conversion. Its really amazing. I love it!!!
                            Last edited by So Live; 03-08-2010, 03:10 PM.
                            -Chris

Comment

omg beautiful.

Comment

Originally posted by 87e30 View Post
                                Well the road bike is sold. Going to go check out a p.1 tonight.
                                NICE! Let's go bawl out on some trails Clay!
                                -Erik
                                '16 Focus 2.0L - '99 Protegé DX 1.6L POS (Sold) - '87 4runner 22R-E (Sold) - '86 Schwarz S50 (Sold) - '02 WRX Wagon (sold) - '07 Impreza 2.5i (sold) - '91 Alpine M52 (Sold) - '89 Alpine 325is (Sold)

Originally posted by 87e30
                                I just want to dance with some beezies

Comment

Working...
                                X