No announcement yet.

The R3V Bicycle Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah that's a decent 29 er for sure. I'm sorry I totally posted about road bikes. If you're like 5 10 I have a 29er hardtail Jamis dakota with xt and xtr and Hydro disc brakes I need to sell lol. if that specialized is full suspension is worth it unless s all your trails are super buff

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    Turbo M50 4 Door Build thread here 4 Sale thread

Comment

Looks very fast! Those fujis ate amazing bang for the buck.

Sent from my Note 2 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

El Cheapo but alum with a carbon fork so at least the hands wont go numb. Im more of a runner but wanted to start biking for cardio and save some wear on the joints. The bike rack is actually worth more than the bike:

On der Wagen:
        Im now E30less.
        sigpic

Comment

A lot of roadbikes on here! My 'road' (more like street) bike is a Swobo Folsom. My real pride is the SS rigid MTB.

New pics. King headset & BB. Hopefully Hope hubs and some Stans hoops during the off season. I think I finally have the 69'er ratio dialed in with this On-one fork. If I can find a carbon fork with this A-C I may consider.

23.2 lbs and still room to go w/ wheels, and seatpost

Comment

Originally posted by e30saam View Post
            Hey guys I just bought my first road bike. It is a 1992 Cannondale r800. From looking at the stock specs on VintageCannondale.com, I have confirmed that this bike has alot of aftermarket components (Ex: Campagnolo, Selle Italia Turbo Special saddle, Shimano 105) installed. The bike needs a tune up bad so I'll be doing one tomorrow with a friend who works at a Bike shop. Overall I think I did pretty good for $100.
            $100 is a steal for that bike! Those old 2.8 frames were some of my favorite.
            91 318is M50 swapped
            05 Honda Pilot

24V swap thread
            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=302524

Comment

Originally posted by Nick_S View Post
              $100 is a steal for that bike! Those old 2.8 frames were some of my favorite.
              Thanks man. I love this bike. The frame is super clean, love the way the welds where not exposed and everything is nice and smooth. Much better than the Treks that I've owned. Yeah I think I got a pretty good deal on it. I actually went to look at the bike in May but the owner wanted $300 for it. I didn't have enough money at the time so I let it go. Then August rolled around and I found it on craigslist again, some girl bought to ride around Atlanta while she was doing an internship, I offered $100 and she said yes!!! I adjusted the deraileurs and brakes. Now all I need to do is change the shifter connected to the rear deraileur with another Campagnolo one.

Comment

Btw does anyone have any recommendations for good Affordable bar tape?

Comment

Cinelli cork is a classic. I love the vinyl grippy stuff though

Sent from my Note 2

Comment

Originally posted by eduTechnic View Post
                    Cinelli cork is a classic.
                    I've actually been checking that tape out. I really like the zebra pattern. That's probably going to be tape I buy.

Comment

Cool it's hard to beat. Cushy. Flexible for an easy wrap. Lots of colors.

Sent from my Note 2

Comment

Lizard Skin stuff is nice; stays tacky when damp, & nice & stretchy when you're installing. I dunno if I'd call it affordable, thought...
                        Originally posted by Dozyproductions
                        You know why you're drinking that Pabst? No its probably not because it was the first beer you grabbed. It's because you're a winner.

Comment

^ exactly. It's like $30+ but sooooo nice. I always run it on every bike. Great colors too. Lays forever compared to cork I might add

Sent from my Note 2

Comment

1998 bmx mongoose expert 21 inch frame (head post to seat post) stock no mods except lizard skin front number plate.
                            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

garage queen 91 bmw 325is / 1972 Chevy El Camino 355 sbc 450hp

Comment

Originally posted by quikveedb2 View Post
                              Lizard Skin stuff is nice; stays tacky when damp, & nice & stretchy when you're installing. I dunno if I'd call it affordable, thought...
                              Yeah my Buddy works at a bike shop, he told me Lizard skin is the best. I Kind of want a weird design not one single color, so I'm probably just going to get cork bar tape.

Comment

Sweet! Post a pic Of your Wrap job

Sent from my Note 2

Comment

Working...
                                X