• Show
Clear All

transition trail or park. 80 mm pike in the mail

sigpic

Comment

14.75lbs with pedals and cages

Current: 1988 M3 - Henna/Black black alcantara

Guten Parts + Service
      ... When you care enough to only give the very best.

Previous:
      '87 S50 MTech 1 325is
      '07 DTM Audi S4
      '03 VF Supercharged M3
      '03 Lexus IS300 (615rwhp/512rwtq)

Comment

What wheel/tire combo is that?
        17 Range Rover Sport SVR
        14 Q5 TDI S-Line
        ...on the hunt for another E30.

Comment

probably not asing me im guessing? azonic outlaws and kenda kniptions though ha
          sigpic

Comment

Mavic ksyrium SL's
            Current: 1988 M3 - Henna/Black black alcantara

Guten Parts + Service
            ... When you care enough to only give the very best.

Previous:
            '87 S50 MTech 1 325is
            '07 DTM Audi S4
            '03 VF Supercharged M3
            '03 Lexus IS300 (615rwhp/512rwtq)

Comment

Seks
              17 Range Rover Sport SVR
              14 Q5 TDI S-Line
              ...on the hunt for another E30.

Comment

I'm gonna date myself, but here we go.

(pictures for reference, as I have no pics of my bikes)

1995 Barracuda Dos Equis Team
                (original owner)

1995 Proflex 855 with original Girven Vector dual crown oldschool

current beater/used the most:
                2002 Gary Fisher Marlin (amazing frame)
                Originally posted by flyboyx
                i have watched my dog lick himself off a few times

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Burns View Post
                  I'm gonna date myself, but here we go.

(pictures for reference, as I have no pics of my bikes)

1995 Barracuda Dos Equis Team
                  (original owner)

1995 Proflex 855 with original Girven Vector dual crown oldschool

current beater/used the most:
                  2002 Gary Fisher Marlin (amazing frame)
                  Yeah, now were talking. I wanted a Barracuda like that for the longest time. I have an A2V frame sitting in the corner at the moment. Heck, I might have to dig my collection out of the corner today and take pics of them.

The Girvin/Pro-Flex was a hot bike in its time. Not the best full suspension design out there, but still an important step in the evolution of the mtb.

Will
                  '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
                  '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
                  '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
                  '88 BMW M3

Comment

Well...my bike was stolen. Fuckin' ball-less waffleswaffleswaffleswaffles bags.

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                    Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Comment

WOW a Hot Tubes. I haven't seen one of those in for ever! Sweet!

So here is my collection of mtbs

It doesn't get too much more rare than this as far as production frames go. Its a '94 Specialized S-Works Steel frame. Its built to period correct aftermarket spec, Grafton cantilever brakes, Pauls levers, S-works Ti bottom bracket, Sun Tour XC-Pro shifters and derailleurs, S-Works Thermoplastic bars, Cook Bros Cranks, White Industries Hubs, Chris King headset, and a set of Mag 21s with an AC fork bridge. Its also got an Action Tec ti small chainring.

Voodoo D-Jab ti. XTR rear shifter, derailleurs, and brakes. Pauls brake levers, Titec 118 Ti bars, Ritchey WCS bar ends, Chris King hubs, Action Tec ti bottom bracket, small chainring, and rear cassette, Race Face Turbine LP cranks. The seat post is a Thompson. Manitou Mars forks. Yeah its old school, but it works flawlessly and has for more than a decade. Why fix whats not broken. Oh yeah, its got a Sun tour XC-Pro thumb shifter for the front derailleur.

This was my single speed, but I pulled my Diamond back apart and put the parts on another frame, then built the Diamondback into a Single speed.

And this is a rare bird. Infusion was a small company based in San Luis Obispo back in the late '90s. This was a preproduction frame. Its broken (crack at the base of the seat tube that crosses a weld. Its a pretty common failure point on any bike frame that I've broken.) The reason I keep it around is because I won my first race on this frame. Oddly enough it was a crit, and yes, its a mountain frame. I pulled the bar ends off, installed a set of 26x1.0 slick tires on and regeared it with a 52 tooth big ring and an 11-18 8spd cassette.

The last bike I have is a Klein Adept Pro Carbon. Its full suspension, and I never ride it.

Will
                        '88 BMW M3

Comment

WOW. loving all those relics Blackbird!

looking at your bikes took me down memory lane...the days when I thought John Tomak was god, and Missy Giovy was hot lol

loving the voodoo frame and 0 degree stem...
                          the Quad 21R on the Specialized...that fork was monumental in it's hayday, just as Manitou released the Manitou 2...
                          such a long time ago...maybe it's because i'm older, but I don't ride aswell as I used to on my bikes, but hell I won't trade them for anything
                          Originally posted by flyboyx
                          i have watched my dog lick himself off a few times

Comment

Just got this today, been wanting a road bike for quite some time, finally decided to pull the trigger. Specialized Secteur
                            85' 318i ~The Bronze Bomber (FrankenM10 with a Forced Future :wgaf:)

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Burns View Post
                              WOW. loving all those relics Blackbird!

looking at your bikes took me down memory lane...the days when I thought John Tomak was god, and Missy Giovy was hot lol

loving the voodoo frame and 0 degree stem...
                              the Quad 21R on the Specialized...that fork was monumental in it's hayday, just as Manitou released the Manitou 2...
                              such a long time ago...maybe it's because i'm older, but I don't ride aswell as I used to on my bikes, but hell I won't trade them for anything
                              Haha, Jonny T IS god, and Missy "The Missile" Giove is in jail for smuggling a large amount of pot. I'm pretty sure Ned Overend is still racing adventure races and is still sponsored by Specialized. I thought I heard Tinker Juarez is racing 24 hr races and still rides a Klein.

The stem on the Voodoo is actually an Action-Tec -17 degree rise. People give me a hard time about it being too low, right up till I ride past them as they pull a wheelie and fall off the back of the bike on a steep section. If you were wondering what the stem says on it, it says ELS, Expensive Lightweight Shit. (So much truth to that)

The S-Works has been a labor of love to build. I found the frame about 2001 or so, never been built at a shop. I bought it for $150 with the original rigid fork. It took me the better part of a decade to find all the parts. Sure I could have gone with M900 XTR stuff, but I wanted to be different, so it was Suntour XC-Pro 8spd. The stuff works pretty well. I'm not sure why it never caught on like the XTR stuff (I do like the rapid fire shifters for the rear however. The thumb shifter is still the way to go for the front though.) The forks are the light normal version of the Mag 21s, but the crown assembly is off an early Marzochi (who would have guessed the spacing and stanchion diameters were the same? ) These Mag 21s have the long travel kit in them as well (A whopping 2.5 inches of travel.) :giggle:

Yeah, I'm old school. I remember all the cool stuff from the early/mid '90s. I started riding about '92 or so. I still haven't modernized from my 8spd XTR stuff. The new stuff is too widely spaced, and just not as solid feeling as what I already have. The old stuff isn't too heavy either. My old race mtb was a 19.5 lb Action Tec. ( I bent the derailleur hanger on it, trying to get it fixed) The bike was so light that it was hard to ride fast down hills. Boy was it fast up the hill, and twisty single track was its forte.

I've found its easier to go fast with internal combustion so I've pretty much given up riding, but I'm trying to get back into it. I'm just lacking the motivation.

Will
                              '88 BMW M3

Comment

Back during Winter Break from school:

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
                                1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                                1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
                                2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Working...
                                X