The R3V Bicycle Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scabzzzz View Post
    I just said fuck it and bought a Windsor. Sick of dealing with the local Bianchi dealer.
    Time to start building it up :)

Mr. Anderson, we're twins now
    What color and size did you get? You'll be pleased, it's a pretty good setup for the money. Comes with really good cranks, a pretty decent stem, and rides really nice.

I decided my first purchase for the bike is going to be the big one, I'm going to get new wheels. I want to get some Deep V's, but I'm having trouble deciding what color I'm going to get.

Comment

Me too, haha. Can't say it's ever gonna happen though. I pulled it out of the garage to detail it once?
      1989 Bronzit 325ia- Sold
      1986 Diamondschwarz Grey Market 325i Sport Mtech 1- Parted out
      1988 Delphin 327i- Sold
      1995 Cosmos M3- Current

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson View Post
        What color and size did you get? You'll be pleased, it's a pretty good setup for the money. Comes with really good cranks, a pretty decent stem, and rides really nice.

I decided my first purchase for the bike is going to be the big one, I'm going to get new wheels. I want to get some Deep V's, but I'm having trouble deciding what color I'm going to get.
        56cm dark gray, just like yours.

I think I'm going for the celeste deep V's, with pink grips on a riser bar and -10mm riser.

First thing I'm doing is taking the stickers off though. And the only reason I bought the Windsor was because I rode my friends again yesterday, now that he has a 650c front wheel. Awesome for bar spins (with 165mm crank arms). Think I may do a 650c CF fork as well, not sure which direction I'm going with the bike yet but I'll post pictures!

Comment

56cm dark gray, just like yours.

I think I'm going for the celeste deep V's, with pink grips on a riser bar and -10mm riser.

First thing I'm doing is taking the stickers off though. And the only reason I bought the Windsor was because I rode my friends again yesterday, now that he has a 650c front wheel. Awesome for bar spins (with 165mm crank arms). Think I may do a 650c CF fork as well, not sure which direction I'm going with the bike yet but I'll post pictures!
          Mine's a 58. They're not stickers tho, unfortunately. I was going to do the same thing. I think when I get a new bike, I'm going to get a smaller frame.

I think I'm going to get the Deep V's in red, and do my whole bike grey/red.

Comment

Heres some 700c red Vuelta's Deep V's.

189 shipped
            They also have half V's for like 140 shipped in red.

I'll get vinyl and wrap over it then :) Or get 92_mtechnic_cabrio to make me some more stickers...

We should start a R3Vlimited Fixie Clan and get some stickers cut..

Comment

Not bad, I'd just have to swap my 16T cog on. Awesome price, too. BikeIsland is the shit.

I'm totally down for getting a R3V fixie clan going. We need to make a spoke card, too. :D Fuck that, I'm just going to get a solid rear wheel and make it into a giant Roundel. :up:

Methinks I might get these, too:

Last edited by Jand3rson; 07-17-2008, 11:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson View Post
                Not bad, I'd just have to swap my 16T cog on. Awesome price, too. BikeIsland is the shit.

I'm totally down for getting a R3V fixie clan going. We need to make a spoke card, too. :D Fuck that, I'm just going to get a solid rear wheel and make it into a giant Roundel. :up:

Methinks I might get these, too:

http://bikeisland.com/cgi-bin/BKTK_S...ils&ProdID=849
                lol a giant roundel. You could, just pick up a HED disc wheel and put a big sticker over it or something.

What should we call said Fixie Clan? And what logo? I'll pay to have the stickers cut :)

And spoke cards are great ideas.

Also, get those bars, and put the Mash bar ends on it.

Comment

r3v fixed crew. let's do it. I had no idea this thread would turn into a phenomenon, I was one of the first few to post up my fixie, this shit has hit the fan!

I would love to be able to set up an east coast fixed gear ride somewhere. (like philly- lawl) but i know it'd never be able to happen.
                  1989 Bronzit 325ia- Sold
                  1986 Diamondschwarz Grey Market 325i Sport Mtech 1- Parted out
                  1988 Delphin 327i- Sold
                  1995 Cosmos M3- Current

Comment

I nominate myself for SoCal "Future Fixie Owner" Crew. Once it's a fixie, I'll change the name.

Comment

What about R3VELO ?
                      Like R3V VELO
                      R3vel0

R3V F1XT

Something that would look cool on a sticker, or cut as a sticker to replace the brand logo...etc.

We need to find a sweet iconic logo, like what Mash has in the "M"

Maybe I should post in hte Photoshop section for a logo search :D

Comment

Originally posted by T3rd Ferguson View Post
                        r3v fixed crew. let's do it. I had no idea this thread would turn into a phenomenon, I was one of the first few to post up my fixie, this shit has hit the fan!

I would love to be able to set up an east coast fixed gear ride somewhere. (like philly- lawl) but i know it'd never be able to happen.
                        You're on page number 1, I'm on page number 2!
                        :pimp:

Comment

Its not hard, promise.

Or come to my house, we'll build a bike. :)
                          I am starting with a bare frame so it's a slow process... I had a decked out titanium roady, but I had to sell it due to my moneys bein all gones

Comment

What about R3VELO ?
                            Like R3V VELO
                            R3vel0

R3V F1XT

Something that would look cool on a sticker, or cut as a sticker to replace the brand logo...etc.
                            What about F1X3D for the name? Follows the same 1337 scheme as R3V does.
                            Last edited by Jand3rson; 07-17-2008, 06:36 PM.

Comment

Started my SS project today, i stripped down the Gary Fisher i found in the trash and am taking it in for Powdercoat($60 at a local joint aint to bad) this weekend. Though i am having a hard time deciding between satin black or satin white. Luckily i have some parts laying around to replace the beat down stem and bars. First purchase was a White IND double freewheel 16/18t manual swap(so i guess its not really a SS, more of a double speed). But i will post up some pics when i get her back, and get started putting her together. Good thing i am going TDY, so i can save up some moneys!!

ADNightingale.com /// MySpace /// Some of my sig werx /// Rev's P-Chop Group

Comment

I'm down for the fixed crew...considering I ride mine to work everyday. :D

Comment

Working...
                                X