No announcement yet.

The R3V Bicycle Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got bored. Switched it up a bit since I don't do much long distance riding anymore. (yes it still has the ultegra shifters on)

91 318is M50 swapped
    05 Honda Pilot

24V swap thread
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=302524

Comment

Interesting the bike is a fixed gear right? Yet I see the rear derailleur pulley assembly on the back.

Couldn't install the Integra Crank until this came in the mail, my current chain wasn't long enough. It'll be installed tomorrow I can't wait to see how it changes the responsiveness of my bike.New bottom bracket as well as the crank and chain should really smooth out my ride I hope.
      Attached Files

Comment

Nope. That's just a chain tensioner for a single speed/fixed gear with vertical drop outs. You can't tension the chain when using that dropout design so you can use a cog like that to take up the slack. I do the same on my urban mountain bike frame.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
        Turbo M50 4 Door Build thread here 4 Sale thread

Comment

Originally posted by e30evolution View Post
          From Auckland last month

Looking riiiiiipp man. Sweet TT/Tri setup!

Comment

Road tube recommendations what are you guys running? I switched out from the stock Kendra's to Giant tubes but curious to hear if there are any better ones out there to consider I am paid about 9$ for one at my LBS.

Comment

I put a little stans sealant in mine and I never get flats. (Works if you have removable valve stem cores) I hit the puncture weed all the time in my area and you can just take out the thorn, shake the tire a little bit and the sealant does its job. No flats for years now

Last edited by eduTechnic; 02-27-2014, 07:03 AM.

Comment

I have been itching to ride like crazy lately. This winter needs to go away in a hurry. Have gotten out on my road bike a few times lately but not much on the BMX, I miss having an indoor skatepark in town.

This was shot the last day the park was rideable before it was torn down.

Quick little video from a bit before then
                Sorry, we couldn’t find that page
                Last edited by Nick_S; 02-28-2014, 09:46 PM.
                91 318is M50 swapped
                05 Honda Pilot

24V swap thread

Comment

Spot on Nick wow. So smooth. How long you been riding?

Comment

Originally posted by eduTechnic View Post
                    Spot on Nick wow. So smooth. How long you been riding?

Cheers man! Going on about 18 years now.
                    91 318is M50 swapped
                    05 Honda Pilot

24V swap thread

Comment

Originally posted by Nick_S View Post
                      This was shot the last day the park was rideable before it was torn down.
                      I know the feeling....

Untitled by mattrides, on Flickr

My home park for 10 years... Still doesn't feel real that it was torn down. It's weird because there is a concrete park(skateboard'ish oriented...) maybe 100 yards away, and I find myself staring at the big slab of concrete where the "wood" used to be. I'm glad I took some film photos of the place :) Not many of me riding it though, and only a hand full of clips. I just had fun riding!

sigpic

A man chooses, a slave obeys... Would you kindly?

Comment

Shit I didn't know that park was gone!? I rode it a few times in the past. My aunt lives on the north end of Chicago so I always rode the parks there. Scrap, the pit and mundeline are all gone now. Bummer. Bmx is in a slow phase, I worked for verde for the last 3.5 years and just got laid off.
                        91 318is M50 swapped
                        05 Honda Pilot

24V swap thread

Comment

Yeah it's kind of b.s. as to why, but it's a long story to type haha Cliff notes: park in bad shape, getting evaluated for possible refresh, kid gets seriously hurt (coma), park gets torn down with money allocated to fix park.

I haven't been keeping up with the bmx scene much lately, but all I can say is that it's getting boring... Either street, or foam pit and resi training. Neither is fun for an average rider, that type of riding only appeals to the "fanatic" ya' know? I ride a once a week in the summer, and I am more than pleased that I can truck, or fuf a back railing (when I have brakes haha) I mean shit, just doing a 6ft air on a 6ft quarter feels nuts!
                          sigpic

Comment

I'm with you man. I'm 28, I don't get ride but maybe once a week anymore. I like to do tricks and all that, but anymore I just want to wall ride, manual and jump shit as fast as I can.
                            91 318is M50 swapped
                            05 Honda Pilot

24V swap thread

Comment

Originally posted by Nick_S View Post
                              I just want to manual and jump shit as fast as I can.
                              hahaha I plan on spending more time here... ;)

Untitled-Scanned-02 by mattrides, on Flickr
                              sigpic

Comment

My Banshee Rune... more pics here (http://forums.mtbr.com/all-mountain/...l#post11069656)

Comment

Working...
                                X