No announcement yet.

The R3V Bicycle Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm thinning down my collection and selling most of my stuff for E30 parts. Here are the two I'll never sell.
    Attached Files

Comment

That Bianchi is cool - is it old?

Bottecchia
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Bottecchia tdf 1925.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	90.8 KB
ID:	7169300

Coppi

Name:	Coppi tdf.jpg
Size:	32.8 KB
ID:	7169301

Idunno who…but that's steep!

Name:	tdf climb.jpg
Size:	85.4 KB
ID:	7169302
      Last edited by LateFan; 09-04-2014, 09:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by LateFan View Post
        That Bianchi is cool - is it old?
        Yep, it's an '81. Conveniently enough, Bianchi used to label their frames with the month and year they were made. I wish more brands did that!

Comment

Originally posted by Young Version View Post
          Yep, it's an '81. Conveniently enough, Bianchi used to label their frames with the month and year they were made. I wish more brands did that!
          That's a big assed ring up front. Must take a minute to get that thing up to speed!

Comment

Originally posted by jdt10768 View Post
            That's a big assed ring up front. Must take a minute to get that thing up to speed!
            Yeah, it's a 56T :D

I actually never rode it with the 56T/15T combo shown in that picture, since I ended up selling that wheelset (tubulars). I rode with a 21T rear cog, which worked out pretty well for gearing.

Right now I have it built up as a townie with cruiser bars, platform pedals, and 42/21 gearing. Rides nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Young Version View Post
              What wheelset and tires do you have on your Pista? I'm looking for old school box section rims myself for my '86. The gunmetal and skinwalls on yours look great.

E46t

Comment

Originally posted by leegf View Post
                What wheelset and tires do you have on your Pista? I'm looking for old school box section rims myself for my '86. The gunmetal and skinwalls on yours look great.
                In that photo I was using Mavic GP4 rims (laced to Campy Record Pista hubs) and Tufo tubulars, but I ended up with Sun M13s and Veloflex Master tires:

These tires are AMAZING, but not durable at all. If I were to do it again, I'd probably build a wheelset with H+Son TB14 rims in gunmetal.

Comment

Just picked this guy up for a pretty reasonable deal, I want to get some more cardio into my regime as well as get back into some form of cycling (used to be big into BMW, too much of a pansy now to get back on a 20") figured for the price i couldn't go wrong, I didnt want to buy a high end road bike right off the bat in case i hated it, so this fits the bill nicely

Comment

First bike I have purchased since my BMX when I was a kid. Never had a rode bike, but living in the city its the way to go. I compramised an bought a hybrid. So far I'm loving it.
                    IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

I'd call it a mtn bike with slicks. Nothing wrong with what they are calling hybrids/city these days, I have always had a set of slicks for my mtn bike when I want to ride in the weather.
                      https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Originally posted by M-technik-3 View Post
                        I'd call it a mtn bike with slicks. Nothing wrong with what they are calling hybrids/city these days, I have always had a set of slicks for my mtn bike when I want to ride in the weather.
                        Pretty much the case. I want to buy a carbon fork with some more aggressive bars to run with the slicks, and some knobby tires to run with the factory wide ass fork. Makes the bike pretty versatile. I'm not hardcore rider, I usually do 10-20miles rides thru the city.
                        IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

Crazy '88s: My '88 325i carrying my '88 Diamondback Formula One

'84 318i - Lapisblau/Schwarz (in cryosleep)
                          '06 330i - Titansilber/Schwarz

Comment

Originally posted by kway View Post
                            Crazy '88s: My '88 325i carrying my '88 Diamondback Formula One

Really cool--I like oddball bikes.

Comment

^ Thanks! I had one when I was 14 and wrecked it (a precursor to my automotive endeavors, lol). It took me a looong time to track down another one. I'll never let it go.
                              '84 318i - Lapisblau/Schwarz (in cryosleep)
                              '06 330i - Titansilber/Schwarz

Comment

Nothing special, just an old Fuji Triple Butted frame. Picked it up a few months ago, just making small changes to make it more comfortable and to my liking.

Go here be happy!

Ratchet Garage e30 V8 build.

Comment

Working...
                                X