No announcement yet.

The R3V Bicycle Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Usually if you do get a flat, you can at least walk it to the nearest shop or something. It's just nice to have a few things with you, I would at least have a Park tool and a 15mm.

I want to get one of those little under-the-saddle-bags too. I'm not really into messenger bags. I haveone , but I feel stupid wearing it, and it never stays on. I just want to get a really small backpack.

Comment

Messenger bags are annoying. I use a Jansport and tighten the straps if I'm going to the grocery store or somethin..

Comment

Coming together. Not bad for a free bike. I was using denatured alachol to strip the stickers/adhesive, but it's not getting it all off. Any other suggestions?

Yeah, tires need air. Brakes need some more work.

Comment

I don't bring anything with me when i ride, if i get a flat.... fuck I gotta walk home.

I do own a large Chrome messenger bag. seen here www.chromebags.com, they have a support strap that goes under your armpit that keeps the bag from sliding around on your back. makes it very convenient. Best bag i've ever owned, lifetime guarantee, plus... it's thermal lined! so it keeps COLD beer COLD and HOT food HOT.

Mine is beat to fuck, but it will never fall apart.

Farb, use goo gone. or 3M adhesive remover. or simple bug and tar remover.
          1989 Bronzit 325ia- Sold
          1986 Diamondschwarz Grey Market 325i Sport Mtech 1- Parted out
          1988 Delphin 327i- Sold
          1995 Cosmos M3- Current

Comment

my dh/freeride unit:

04/05 specialized big hit comp

and the trek fuel ex-7 xc unit which is for sale! pm for details:

sigpic

auto-x vid: http://youtube.com/watch?v=3D-RmsTjFh8

Comment

Originally posted by T3rd Ferguson View Post

I do own a large Chrome messenger bag. seen here www.chromebags.com, they have a support strap that goes under your armpit that keeps the bag from sliding around on your back. makes it very convenient. Best bag i've ever owned, lifetime guarantee, plus... it's thermal lined! so it keeps COLD beer COLD and HOT food HOT.
              Chrome bags are cool, but I don't want to look like just another fixie clone, all the high school kids on fixies around here have them, and they're all brand new, not a scuff on them. I don't even carry much stuff around, I just need a small pack.

BTW, here's the end result of my buddy Colin doing a 4-stair today one too many times:

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post

Coming together. Not bad for a free bike. I was using denatured alachol to strip the stickers/adhesive, but it's not getting it all off. Any other suggestions?

Yeah, tires need air. Brakes need some more work.
                Hair dryer or heat gun if you have one for the stickers followed up with 3m general purpose adhesive remover. Done.

Oh and badass free bike.

Comment

chopper fixed.
                  www.benjamineliward.com

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson View Post
                    Chrome bags are cool, but I don't want to look like just another fixie clone, all the high school kids on fixies around here have them, and they're all brand new, not a scuff on them. I don't even carry much stuff around, I just need a small pack.

BTW, here's the end result of my buddy Colin doing a 4-stair today one too many times:

OUch. Time for an upgrade!

Road my bike last night for the first time on a real ride.. 60 blocks one way!
                    Such an awesome riding bike...

Comment

So, my brother was up for the weekend, and I was showing him some fixed gears and stuff. He gave me that BMX up there, It was his old bike. So this morning he tells me he pulled the trigger on one of these after one weekend of me talking up fixed gears from what you guys have said without me even having been on one...

I think it's like the one Turf got.

Comment

I almost bought that same one, then the Windsor I wanted came back in stock. They're good bikes.

Comment

Yeah I got the black one. Got a tracking # yesterday. I had to do it after I almost bought a $600 masi
                          "We praise or find fault, depending on which of the two provides more opportunity for our powers of judgement to shine."

Comment

Originally posted by Turf1600 View Post
                            Yeah I got the black one. Got a tracking # yesterday. I had to do it after I almost bought a $600 masi

They told him next week, and he bought it yesterday, sound about right? Yours end up taking longer?

Comment

Originally posted by Turf1600 View Post
                              Damn those Masis are nice, tho. A friend of mine here just got one.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson View Post
                                Damn those Masis are nice, tho. A friend of mine here just got one.
                                I was so close. It was the right size and everything. I just couldnt spend $600 on a fixie when I've never ridden one. so I rushed home and paid up on the ebay one.
                                "We praise or find fault, depending on which of the two provides more opportunity for our powers of judgement to shine."

Comment

Working...
                                X