The R3V Bicycle Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Turf1600 View Post
    I was so close. It was the right size and everything. I just couldnt spend $600 on a fixie when I've never ridden one. so I rushed home and paid up on the ebay one.
    That's why I didn't spend that much on this one. I paid $299, I didn't want to get it and then end up not liking it. I'll probably get a better bike next year, but I like this one just fine for now.

Comment

Anyone know of a good on line tutorial on how to true a wheel, and what do I need, like a 2MM wrench?

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
        Anyone know of a good on line tutorial on how to true a wheel, and what do I need, like a 2MM wrench?
        You need a truing stand to do a wheel, AFAIK. Just take it to a shop, most of them will do it for like $10 or less.

Holy shit, the color scheme of this bike is effing awesome:

Clear OURY's and white DeepV's FTW:

Comment

That's a sick shot with the yellow parts of the bike next to the yellowish palms.
          -Erik
          '16 Focus 2.0L - '99 Protegé DX 1.6L POS (Sold) - '87 4runner 22R-E (Sold) - '86 Schwarz S50 (Sold) - '02 WRX Wagon (sold) - '07 Impreza 2.5i (sold) - '91 Alpine M52 (Sold) - '89 Alpine 325is (Sold)

Originally posted by 87e30
          I just want to dance with some beezies

Comment

Here's another FIXIE gallery...

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!
            -Erik
            '16 Focus 2.0L - '99 Protegé DX 1.6L POS (Sold) - '87 4runner 22R-E (Sold) - '86 Schwarz S50 (Sold) - '02 WRX Wagon (sold) - '07 Impreza 2.5i (sold) - '91 Alpine M52 (Sold) - '89 Alpine 325is (Sold)

Comment

Originally posted by AlpineE30M52 View Post
              That's a sick shot with the yellow parts of the bike next to the yellowish palms.
              That's what I liked about it, too. :D

Comment

prepare for lots of pictures tonight of us riding, my best friend just came into the city!

Saturday afternoon i started practicing one footed skids, but i couldnt get the hang of getting my foot back on the pedal. yesterday i finally got it down. sometimes i still fuck up, but i'm getting super amped!

Scabzzz, we need some Nashville riding pics bro!
                1989 Bronzit 325ia- Sold
                1986 Diamondschwarz Grey Market 325i Sport Mtech 1- Parted out
                1988 Delphin 327i- Sold
                1995 Cosmos M3- Current

Comment

haha I'm a R3vPeddler

LOLOLOL
                  -Erik

Comment

Originally posted by T3rd Ferguson View Post

Scabzzz, we need some Nashville riding pics bro!
                    Yeah I know. The scene is getting big here. Everyone wants to ride bikes. My city just got ranked 25th largest city in the country, with Atlanta being 33rd.
                    People are moving downtown like crazy and bike shops are popping up like zits! Kind of a cool time to live in Nashville right now..

We had an alley cat last week and about 30 people showed up. Usually it receives about 10 riders!

Comment

Went to another LBS, lots of fixed stuff there. Caught myself drooling over $300.00 CF bars.

Comment

you need a set of spoke wrenches and a truing stand. unless you plan to build a few sets of wheels or are really hard on your gear, a bike tech will probably do a better job for less than what the above tools will cost, even if you need to get your wheels trued regularly. if you can find a cheap (read inexpensive, not poorly made) stand, then go for it. building wheels is a good sitting on the couch activity and is rewarding too!
                        Last edited by quikveedb2; 07-30-2008, 05:55 PM. Reason: if you really want to learn, i can give you some pointers, i do it every day.
                        Originally posted by Dozyproductions
                        You know why you're drinking that Pabst? No its probably not because it was the first beer you grabbed. It's because you're a winner.

Comment

Went to another LBS, lots of fixed stuff there. Caught myself drooling over $300.00 CF bars.
                          I'm looking for an aerospoke on the cheap, if you buy one of those wheels for me I will paypal you the money beforehand. they are backordered everywhere i know of. I need a 700c rear wheel. PM me to discuss further.

Andy
                          1989 Bronzit 325ia- Sold
                          1986 Diamondschwarz Grey Market 325i Sport Mtech 1- Parted out
                          1988 Delphin 327i- Sold
                          1995 Cosmos M3- Current

Comment

Originally posted by quikveedb2 View Post
                            building wheels is a good sitting on the couch activity and is rewarding too!
                            Yeah, I built my last pair of wheels a few years ago--DA on Open Pro 28h with DT Revolution spokes. Having a nice stand makes things easier, but you can make do with a cheap one. It's like owning a $99 tablesaw. It sucks, and you have to compensate for the tool's shittiness, but it's still a tablesaw.

I was wondering what a $600 Masi was. I guess it's Masi in name only, and it's actually made by Haro.

Originally posted by whysimon
                            WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

Originally posted by FredK View Post
                              I was wondering what a $600 Masi was. I guess it's Masi in name only, and it's actually made by Haro.
                              It's called the Speciale Commuter. It's a single speed bike that's set up to be converted to a geared bike. It's a very nice bike and I was seriously considering it, but I had to go with the geared bike in the end... Plus Specialized holds a special place in my heart/history. My friend however did just buy this bike and he said it's awesome.

-Erik

Comment

The geometry on the Masi's are wack...Also I dont think that bike has track drop outs either.

Comment

Working...
                                X