Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

soon, but for now...
    http://velospace.org/node/9429

it looks a bit different, and ill have more shots soon enough... added a basket and different chainring. soon honjo fenders... hmmm.
    www.benjamineliward.com

Comment

Guys... Been MIA for a few days. Moved into a new house, an old house in an older neighborhood by one of the universities in Nashville..

I went into the basement and found all these bikes! I'll post pictures soon, but I found an old school candy green Fuji road bike with the biggest longest semi horizontal drops ever... with MINT MINT MINT Nitto stem and road bars. Pics soon!

Comment

Originally posted by lowlightbw View Post
        soon, but for now...

it looks a bit different, and ill have more shots soon enough... added a basket and different chainring. soon honjo fenders... hmmm.
        Ben

love the geometry on that bike man.. Looks really nice..

Comment

Originally posted by scabzzzz View Post
          Guys... Been MIA for a few days. Moved into a new house, an old house in an older neighborhood by one of the universities in Nashville..

I went into the basement and found all these bikes! I'll post pictures soon, but I found an old school candy green Fuji road bike with the biggest longest semi horizontal drops ever... with MINT MINT MINT Nitto stem and road bars. Pics soon!

Nice find.

I'm waiting for a shipment of goodies, CF and Ti thingys. I found my bars and stem are Nitto. Some of the things I was gonna replace are staying and some are going now.

I found myself looking at all the tools at the bike shop. Looks like I have a new set of tools to be buying.

Comment

Damn nice score scabzzzzzzzzzz.
            -Erik
            '16 Focus 2.0L - '99 Protegé DX 1.6L POS (Sold) - '87 4runner 22R-E (Sold) - '86 Schwarz S50 (Sold) - '02 WRX Wagon (sold) - '07 Impreza 2.5i (sold) - '91 Alpine M52 (Sold) - '89 Alpine 325is (Sold)

Originally posted by 87e30
            I just want to dance with some beezies

Comment

Originally posted by scabzzzz View Post
              Like this?

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
                Almost like that... except that bike seems to be an 80's bike. This bike I have is a 70's bike with the crazy braze ons and stuff. Same color though. It says Road Racer on the bottom tube and only has little logo's. I'll shoot a photo of it tonight if I think about it. My new roommate has a new Canon Rebel XTI or whatever bad ass camera.
                :) Stoked about that.

Comment

Special Road Racer was a 79-81 Fuji IIRC. I'm looking for the fuji database bookmark for ya it ya want it.

Comment

How about this bike? Looks like a good one to convert...

-Erik
                    '16 Focus 2.0L - '99 Protegé DX 1.6L POS (Sold) - '87 4runner 22R-E (Sold) - '86 Schwarz S50 (Sold) - '02 WRX Wagon (sold) - '07 Impreza 2.5i (sold) - '91 Alpine M52 (Sold) - '89 Alpine 325is (Sold)

Originally posted by 87e30
                    I just want to dance with some beezies

Comment

Looks good. I found some NGK and some other unexpected branded bikes. I have been wandering the thrift stores out here and found some goodies, even bought some.

Comment

honestly it's probably cheaper in the long run to just buy a windsor. if I were to start over again though, I would just buy a track frame on ebay for ~$100 and build it
                        Originally posted by blunt
                        can you get me a deal on cases of their (fiji) bottled water? i wash my 02 in that shit

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
                          Special Road Racer was a 79-81 Fuji IIRC. I'm looking for the fuji database bookmark for ya it ya want it.
                          Yep. Thats what it says. Special Road Racer.

Youre awesome man...

Hurry the fuck up and move to Nashville..

Comment

Originally posted by ColdAccord View Post
                            honestly it's probably cheaper in the long run to just buy a windsor. if I were to start over again though, I would just buy a track frame on ebay for ~$100 and build it
                            It is cheaper man. I built up one of my road bikes and then sold it for a steal and it was more than enough to fund the Windsor project...

Buy the windsor, then immediately go order pedals. You're set..

Comment

Originally posted by ColdAccord View Post

x2. I'm at ~$300.00, and have not even picked up the wheelset.

Comment

yeah, the windsor, mercier, or motobecane are all good entry level bikes. fuji track and brassknuckle etc. are the next level. then pistas and so on. if you really get into it, i would recommend looking into something that is custom made steel for a daily rider. either that or aluminum with a lot of carbon. trust me, your back will thank you a year later for the carbon. you can find used NJS frames on a couple sites for decent prices. decent for custom handmade bikes anyway ;)
                                www.benjamineliward.com

Comment

Working...
                                X