No announcement yet.

The R3V Bicycle Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Woah, I had no idea man. And I was actually talking to scabzz.

But holy shit man, congrats on making it that far. Complete heart transplant? Good for you for being on a bike and being active.

Comment

I'm calling the local Schwinn dealers now. The Madison is awesome, but $300 is hard to pass up...
      BEERTECH

Comment

Editing: JamesE30: how do you like your pedals? I have the regular Shimano SPD pedals, but I'll be riding my road bike with regular shoes on since I lost my license. I looked at those and almost bought them yesterday.[/quote]

They're awesome, The spd's are great as you know, and I've found the flat sides very comfortable. They are just big enough to provide enough support without looking or feeling bulky. I'd definitely recommend them.

R.H.D
        M-technic I club

Comment

the cutter will come in 4 sizes if I remember right. I'm pretty stoked about the bike, I like to think about how many miles per dollar it's going to give me ;)
          Last edited by skota; 09-07-2008, 07:04 AM. Reason: verbag
          sigpic

Comment

FWIW, mountain biking is about 600% more fun than anything on pavement. I don't know how you donkeys in PNW are denying the dirt...
            BEERTECH

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
              FWIW, mountain biking is about 600% more fun than anything on pavement. I don't know how you donkeys in PNW are denying the dirt...
              One word. Two worlds. Cyclocross.

Comment

bleh, I like to ride over stuff, not carry my bike :p
                BEERTECH

Comment

Point well made.

Comment

Originally posted by AlpineE30M52 View Post
                    ^^ Dude take it eassyyy man, I'm only at 1 year post op heart transplant. I'm working my way back into this. Seeing as how I could NEVER ride that far that quickly before I got a new heart, this is all a new thing to me. PLUS once it's starts getting <85 degrees at 8am I'll be riding 40 mile round trips from home--->school--->work.
                    Wow dude, serious props on getting back on a bike after all that. Thats awesome. And you ride more than i do and i havent gone through any of that...

Heres my trusty steed. 2003 Santa Cruz Superlite. Coming off a 1996 or 7 kona sex too this bike kicks some major ass.

And i agree, riding off road is the best.

Im thinking about getting into a single speed hard tail xc bike too..
                    Last edited by So Live; 09-07-2008, 02:16 PM.
                    -Chris

Comment

29er. little wheels are for little girls.
                      BEERTECH

Comment

Meh... I thought bigger wheels made it easier? Wouldnt that make 29ers for girls?
                        -Chris

Comment

har har. Girly men complain about "its harder to get the bigger wheels up to speed" without ever riding a real trail bike :p
                          BEERTECH

Comment

these are my rides

these are my bikes

a early 90's gt avalanche

jamis dakar sport, i replaced the stock fox vanilla shock with a cane creek cloud nine which did drop some weight and give a nicer ride but eventually decided i wanted to go back to a hard tail

most of my is paved or smooth single track, there is alot of great rougher terrain around but i really dont need to take the risks so i ordered the access xcl frame from performance and the r7 fork from wheel world then got a decent deal on some stylo team cranks to build up the hardtail which has turned out to be one of the sweetes bikes ive owned. rides great and when i have the spare cash kicking around for a wheel set and new group it will be even better.

The trek 1500 my first road bike, nothing super fancy but these bikes are pretty fast after having been on mountain bikes for years.

I also have a trek 820 rigid that i slapped some road tires on for bike path cruising.

i had a specialized rockhopper from 2004 but some douch stole if from my back porch..
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Il Duce View Post
                              ^^^ The steering wheel is on the wrong side...

HAHA! That's a great looking bike man! How does she ride?
                              Thanks mate, Um... she's not riding to good at the moment actually. The front forks were a little loose, but they've been taken care of. The gear ratio is good though. I went with 45:15, I may even swap in a 16t cog down the track as it's quite hilly in my town.
                              Other than that the only problems come from the half century old Campagnolo bottom bracket, which is being replaced by a brand new Shimano unit tomorrow. 24hrs from Now she'll be tight as a nuns c#%t!

I cant wait!

R.H.D
                              M-technic I club

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
                                har har. Girly men complain about "its harder to get the bigger wheels up to speed" without ever riding a real trail bike :p
                                Lol, i figured itd be easier to roll over stuff. I've never ridden one so i guess i cant knock it yet...

BMWdriver, Go ride a real ful sus bike that doesnt kick your ass when you pedal and youll love it. I Have a 99 or 2000 Jamis dakar xc and it sucks. I used to ride the classic kona more just because its was more fun and i could ride longer. So go try a hardcore xc bike (like a santa cruz superlite :) )
                                -Chris

Comment

Working...
                                X