The R3V Bicycle Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nope,

tough as nails. make sure to watch it till the end.
    Last edited by skota; 04-17-2008, 04:59 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by skota View Post
      Nope,

tough as nails. make sure to watch it till the end.
      fkn sick!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Maluco View Post
        fkn sick!!!
        QFT!!

Fuck man, I want the snow to go away so I can pull the bike out.
        1985 325e 2.8 Turbo VEMS

Comment

Wow. The last part of that vid was fuckin ill.

Comment

wow, so smooth!

Originally posted by whysimon
            WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

should have my bareknuckle back from the powdercoater tomorrow afternoon. ill try to post pics of my new build when i get everything back together. i CANT WAIT.
              -ben
              www.benjamineliward.com

Comment

So bump from the near mother fuckin grave. Lowlight, I demand pics of said bareknuckle.

As for me, well, I've been busy with projects not pertaining to my E30 as of late. I'll post pics when I get to work in the morning.
                Sample:

Comment

Finished this one last night. Started life as an early 90's LeMond 54 cm road bike 10 speed. Had some really top notch components when I got to it and is probably the nicest bike i've ever owned technically. My gf stole my other fixed so I said fuck it on this. Started dismantling last week :) Baller blue KMC chain.
                  Miche quil. 700x23 Alexrims on Michellin Lithion silvers. Bianchi hubs. Mistral by Ofmega chain ring. Sugino crank. Soma Urban bull horn. Bianchi saddle. Tekpro brake lever. Some weird aluminum pedals that say "SR Japan" on them. Shimano R1000 brake.

Here is the Trek I've been working on forever. Couldnt ever decide what I wanted to do with it. I dont like black bikes but it was a sweet deal off Craigslist. Its too small for me too.
                  52cm Trek 300 series road frame. Matrix 700c wheels with ACS freewheel sprocket. Kenda tires. Cinelli quil. Random riser bar. Oury grips. Diacomp front brake. Sugino crank and chain ring. Not sure of hubs but says from Italy. Random old Japanese made saddle post. Bontrager saddle. Specialized storage bag (for the girlfriends wallet and sunglasses or whatever the fuck she needs to carry with her to get drunk. Chapstick? Lipstick? Dild?) Baller gold KMC chain.

For you Terd Ferguson!

Anywho. My friend just picked up an 84 Trek 400 from CL. We've been building that too. So far hes rolling Ambrosia front wheel. Velocity Aero rear wheel with Dura Ace cog on Michellin Lithion red tires. The rest is stock and needs to be converted to riser bar or bull horn. Maybe track drops, not sure.
                  k Bye

Comment

Thanks man, I've been meaning to bring this thread back up.

Cool bikes, I'd love to see a Brooke's saddle on that Lemond.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FredK View Post
                      Eh, they've had 3 lb bike frames forever. For mountain bikes, the old ass Trek carbon fiber composite bikes were around 2.7 lbs or so. I've never understood the fascination with saving .5 lbs off the frame while sacrificing durability. Also, I've never understood the fascination with running a 90 gram stem. Sounds like an excellent recipe to eat pavement when it breaks!
                      I know that yours is a relatively old post, but I just had to quote it and say that I completely agree. Saving a few pounds in total bike weight is really not significant at all for 99% or people who ride. Not only does it sacrifice durability, but the rigidity of CF frames is ridiculous. Makes things quite uncomfortable on long rides.

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZj_Z...eature=related

Notice the "Alahhh" at 58 secs!!!!!!
                        Last edited by Maluco; 04-17-2008, 10:48 PM.

Comment

I filled up the tires on the ol geared bike friday when I got out of work. I made it about 2 blocks and went back to my fixed gear.

It's just weird to get used to, it's been about a year since I've ridden anything but the fixed. don't feel connected.
                          Originally posted by blunt
                          can you get me a deal on cases of their (fiji) bottled water? i wash my 02 in that shit

Comment

Originally posted by ColdAccord View Post
                            I filled up the tires on the ol geared bike friday when I got out of work. I made it about 2 blocks and went back to my fixed gear.

It's just weird to get used to, it's been about a year since I've ridden anything but the fixed. don't feel connected.
                            Feel the same way. I tried to ride my single speed freewheel the other day and my legs were so confused on what to do when coasting....
                            Felt like I was on the brake all the time.

Off topic: Went for a ride last night with some fixed friends. We ended up just playing around for like 3 hours doing track stands and drag races and practicing etc.. Awesome time.

Comment

I had the best run of my life mountain biking the other day. It was beautiful out - the trails were dry and I was hauling ass!
                              "We praise or find fault, depending on which of the two provides more opportunity for our powers of judgement to shine."

Comment

Sell me your bike rack. Sick of breaking my bike apart to get it in my car.

Comment

Working...
                                X