The 'favorite beer' thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CorvallisBMW View Post
    That stuff is awesome! hard to find, but well worth it.
    I still haven't opened it. I will tomorrow. I bought the single bottle for $10 IIRC.
    85 325e m60b44 6 speed / 89 535i
    e30 restoration and V8 swap
    24 Hours of Lemons e30 build

Comment

Originally posted by Optimator View Post
      Have you ever eaten at Taco Mac?
      They have Taco Mac's in CT now?

and yes
      John

Comment

Augustiner Braü München (since 1328 !!)

I'm missing it. Anyone from Munich can send me a Kiste? Bitte! :mrgreen:

RACE | RAT | RETRO | RADICAL | EURO

Comment

St. Peters Organic bitter
          St Peter's cream stout
          Nerthergate Old Growler
          Green King IPA export
          Champflower
          Fuller's London Pride
          Old Speckled Hen
          Nerthergate Umbel Ale
          Lakeland Gold (brewery unknown)
          Pshenyche Weissbier Etalon a lovely wheatbeer from the Ukraine.

Comment

Originally posted by regnu View Post
            They have Taco Mac's in CT now?

and yes
            Not that I know. But I know a real suspicous character who has.
            -OVULATOR (as named by jflip2002)

Past Cars: Schwarz 1990 325i-2 (crashed), Calypsorot 1991 325i-2 Sport (rear ended)
            Now: Blake-stitched mediocrity :(

Comment

and another plus 1. 90-minute is almost as good and includes 4 for the same price of $10.
              Originally posted by BillBrasky
              E36's are the Stephen Baldwin of the 3 series family. They barely hold everything together and they only sold a lot because of the popularity of their older sibling.
              1991 318i Alpine II - S50/5-lug swapped - track car
              1989 325i Cirrusblau - Daily
              1970 2500 - Malaga over Grey Cloth
              2012 F350 6.7PSD

Comment

Drank the 120 minute last night. It was incredible. I followed it up with a much easier-flowing Sam Adams Chocolate Bock. The Chocolate flavor in that beer is just amazing. Can't say I'll buy the $175 case every week, but I would like to get a few more bottles for special occasions.

Comment

A favorite beer thread? I love this site!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JGood View Post
                    Drank the 120 minute last night. It was incredible. I followed it up with a much easier-flowing Sam Adams Chocolate Bock. The Chocolate flavor in that beer is just amazing. Can't say I'll buy the $175 case every week, but I would like to get a few more bottles for special occasions.
                    Mr. Good,

Upon your recommendation I sampled the Sam Adams Chocolate Bock in the Sam Adams glassware last night. On tap, it tastes exactly like its namesake. It tastes like chocolate. It tastes like a bock. It just so happens I don't particularly like bocks, even though my name is Optimator.

The 16°P gravity is rather high for a beer at 5.5% ABV. I did not feel the beer was overly sweet or syrupy. If anything it was a little thin.

I wanted to try the Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout, in hopes of a slightly different grain profile but alas I had already had a beer and I was the designated driver.
                    -OVULATOR (as named by jflip2002)

Past Cars: Schwarz 1990 325i-2 (crashed), Calypsorot 1991 325i-2 Sport (rear ended)
                    Now: Blake-stitched mediocrity :(

Comment

Mr. Good,

Upon your recommendation I sampled the Sam Adams Chocolate Bock in the Sam Adams glassware last night. On tap, it tastes exactly like its namesake. It tastes like chocolate. It tastes like a bock. It just so happens I don't particularly like bocks, even though my name is Optimator.

The 16°P gravity is rather high for a beer at 5.5% ABV. I did not feel the beer was overly sweet or syrupy. If anything it was a little thin.

I wanted to try the Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout, in hopes of a slightly different grain profile but alas I had already had a beer and I was the designated driver.

If you can get lucky enough up in the NE to find this winter time bock beer I would highly recommend it...

:up: :up:

Comment

For binge drinking:
                        Coors light
                        Molson Canadian
                        1985 325e 2.8 Turbo VEMS

Comment

Originally posted by BenM View Post
                          and another plus 1. 90-minute is almost as good and includes 4 for the same price of $10.
                          Indeed. The 90 minute and 120 minute IPAs are some of my favorites

Comment

Originally posted by dillsnick View Post
                            By far, the most drinkable, well balanced beer I've ever had.

Wells Bombardier

I am going to look for this. It looks good on the site. Thanks for sharing. I recently had a beer made by flying dog called Gonzo, its dedicated to Hunter S. Thompson. I liked it pretty good, not something you would want to drink a lot of though.
                            I feel like a fish out of water, most times.

Comment

Mr. Good,

Mr. Opinionated,

I agree, it is somewhat thin (not necessarily a bad thing). I drank the second half of the 20-some oz bottle last night, and enjoyed it again.

I just got done with a 6 pack of Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout. IMO, much different then the Sam Adams. Heavier, thicker, and stronger. Not necessarily in pure chocolate flavor though... as I think the Sam Adams had a more distinct chocolate taste.

Comment

I was drinking dogfish in the 60,90, and 120 variants on thanksgiving

The 60min isn't bad, but the others are simply vicious. Way too hoppy for my taste but good lord they got me buzzed, nothing like trying 8 different beers before you eat turkey
                                1990 Islandgrun 535iM Sedan
                                Euro lights + trim | Eibach/Bilstein | BBS RC090 17x8 | EAT Chip | Port + Polish | IE 284 Cam | Built valvetrain

Comment

Working...
                                X