The 'favorite beer' thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stu View Post
    No Yuengling up in Ohio? Good stuff, nice and simple (and cheap)

It stops at the OH/PA border and Great Lakes Brewing Co. takes over from there going west. If you order a lager here in Ohio, you'll get a Dortmunder Gold. (or just tell them you want the Heisman, which was its original name)

Comment

Originally posted by BillBrasky View Post
      It stops at the OH/PA border and Great Lakes Brewing Co. takes over from there going west. If you order a lager here in Ohio, you'll get a Dortmunder Gold. (or just tell them you want the Heisman, which was its original name)
      Gotcha, I guess I never checked the aisles for it in northern MI. Good to know.

Comment

Opa-Opa is our local brewery, good stuff with a meal on their deck.
        https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
          Brought back some Yuengling from my trip to FL. A case of Lager and a 12 of Black and Tan.

Simple, basic beer. No hipster microbrew BS needed here.
          Hipsters rarely drink microbrews. Hipsters drink Miller High Life or PBR, an homage to a blue collar ethos, yet wouldn't hesitate to run a Phil Wood hub laced to a deep section aero rim that their dad bought them at a high end bike shop, out of a mix of guilt over not being there during childhood, and fear of forever losing a son who they don't even understand any more, with his tight clothing, random emotional outbursts, and general waffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswafflesry.

Hipsters in the PA/NJ/NY area would probably drink Yuengling, as it is nearly thin as PBR, but slightly more toasty in flavor, and usually, it's dirt cheap for a pitcher, so it's quite easy to get into the special place where they can forget how badly they disappointed their dad by telling him that they'd need another 4 semesters to get an art history / psychology dual major.
          -OVULATOR (as named by jflip2002)

Past Cars: Schwarz 1990 325i-2 (crashed), Calypsorot 1991 325i-2 Sport (rear ended)
          Now: Blake-stitched mediocrity :(

Comment

Weyerbacher: Blanche

Comment

I miss Boulevard, been looking for it in Florida for a long time now..... GO MIZZOU
              Originally posted by Ryan Stewart View Post
              Guinness plain and simple. The hardest part is finding people who can pour it right.

If I want a "light" beer I drink Boulevard Unfiltered Wheat. Its a local brewery so its fresh wheat and damn fresh beer.

If you can see through it you are getting ripped off.

Comment

Originally posted by Optimator View Post
                Hipsters rarely drink microbrews. Hipsters drink Miller High Life or PBR, an homage to a blue collar ethos, yet wouldn't hesitate to run a Phil Wood hub laced to a deep section aero rim that their dad bought them at a high end bike shop, out of a mix of guilt over not being there during childhood, and fear of forever losing a son who they don't even understand any more, with his tight clothing, random emotional outbursts, and general waffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswafflesry.

Hipsters in the PA/NJ/NY area would probably drink Yuengling, as it is nearly thin as PBR, but slightly more toasty in flavor, and usually, it's dirt cheap for a pitcher, so it's quite easy to get into the special place where they can forget how badly they disappointed their dad by telling him that they'd need another 4 semesters to get an art history / psychology dual major.
                trooth.

Comment

becks is good

Comment

Favorite beer to drink during the summer time:

Sam Adams Summer Ale

Favorite beer when its cold out:

Guiness & Yuengling

The summer ale is probably the most refreshing beer I've ever had. I think I tried it for the first time 3yrs ago and have been drinking it ever since. I pick up 24packs once or twice a month!
                    IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

+1 for newcastle.

Comment

Year round - Lagunitas Maximus
                        Summer - Nøgne Ø Pale Ale, or Saison, or Oppigårds Well Hopped Lager
                        Fall - Lagunitas Imperial Red, or Rogue Hazelnut Brown or Oppigårds Järnbäraröl(hard to find here)
                        Winter - Lagunitas Cappuccino Stout
                        Spring - Oppigårds Spring Ale(also hard to find here)

Best place to buy beer - John's Market on Multnomah in Multnomah Village http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...Fc_HtQId9Yuv-A

Nio är livets tal.

Comment

Franciskaner Weiss is my general every day bier of choice.
                          If I'm feeling different (or I'm eating Fish n' Chips) I'll go for an Old Speckled Hen.
                          Other possables (when the above aren't available) include Mac n' Jacks, Czechvar Pils, Weihenstephaner Weiss, or anything from Bridgeport or New Belgium as fall backs.

1984 Hennarot 325e - 1990 Brillantrot M3 - 1938 Buick Special Business Coupe

Comment

Bud Light.

Comment

Pacifico,Hafeweizen,Fat Tire, and last but not least St. Pauli Girl
                              Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Dos XX, Tecate, Corona, Modelo, Gasoline for my car.

Comment

Working...
                                X