The 'favorite beer' thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KenC View Post
    Have you been? I went this year for the final weekend of it. It was epic. That being said, all German helles lagers taste the same.
    i live in Torrance Ca , we have this here :d http://www.alpinevillagecenter.com/

lets just say theres a line for Oktoberfest every year out past the place and two city blocks down. :d ( 2 hour wait ) like 5,000 ppl

from the site

OKTOBERFEST 2010 WAS FANTASTIC!

Oktoberfest 2010 was our biggest event yet. Thousands of you came to celebrate and party. Thank you all for coming to our event! We hope to see you back in 2011.

Alpine Village is the home of the oldest and largest Oktoberfest celebration in Southern California! Our celebration is traditionally held every Friday, Saturday and Sunday from early September through late October in our massive 32,000 square foot tent.

Traditional Bavarian fun is supplied by Oom Pah Pah big bands flown in direct from Germany, our guests bellies are sated by traditional German fare, and their thirst is quenched by delicious German beers. We deliver an authentic Oktoberfest for our guests each and every year...and all within 10 miles of Southern California's beautiful beaches!

Event times are usually as follows:
    Friday: 6PM until 1AM
    Saturday: 6PM until 1AM
    Sunday: 1PM until 6PM

Friday and Saturday nights are louder and geared for adults; Sundays are family days with kiddie jumpers, sweet treats and games.

September 2011 will be our 44th consecutive Oktoberfest celebration and you should come join in the fun! Our celebration has been chosen by USA Today as "one of the best Oktoberfests in the world!"

See you all next year!!

i got this for 2009

, shit we even had a bemmer meet there lol

Comment

Originally posted by dkbmxer002 View Post
      this is an old pic but :D

Oh god :eeek: I love how the shelves are bending from all the awesomeness

Is anybody else stoked for Guiness foreign extra stout being stateside?

Comment

Originally posted by davey101 View Post
        Oh god :eeek: I love how the shelves are bending from all the awesomeness

Is anybody else stoked for Guiness foreign extra stout being stateside?
        I would be stoked for it, but not at $10/ 4 pack. I can get much better stouts for less.
        Cornering is like bringing a woman to climax.
        -Jackie Stewart

Comment

Originally posted by e30trooper View Post
          where can i find some bomb ass German lager ? any local big stores?
          Not sure how close one is to you, but.... http://www.bevmo.com/

Comment

Dave, I brought little 12 oz of that as a sampler for you sometime this year remember? Good shit.

SC*AR (Schwarz Army)
            No longer stock ride height, rolling as low as a daily driver in New England should without worrying about breaking an oil pan. :up:

Comment

Originally posted by JBird View Post
              Walking Man Brewery in Stevenson, WA is the best beer in the Pacific Northwest in my opinion. I even like it more than Ninkasi. Unfortunately, they don't bottle their beers, so you have to buy a keg or go to the brewery. I love them.
              http://www.walkingmanbrewing.com/
              Absolutely! I agree, Walking Man is one of the best around but is hardly known. They make awesome beer!

Originally posted by e34john View Post
              Why does everyone love Stone Brewery so much? It taste just like every other overhopped San Diego brewery.
              + eleventy billion. Their Vanilla Porter this year was the most underwhelming beer at the Portland Holiday Ale Fest by far, tasted like black water :(

Originally posted by Il Duce View Post
              lagunitas brown shugga (only after a shot of whiskey though haha)
              If you like that, try and get your hands on the 'Brown Mashuggana' barrel aged version ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Desaevious View Post
                Dave, I brought little 12 oz of that as a sampler for you sometime this year remember? Good shit.
                That was just the regular domestic extra stout jabroni. This is foreign! There's like 90 different varieties of guinness lol, FES came out in october. Its way over priced, but I still can't help from picking up a 6'er of the black stuff every so often

Comment

Damn Jabroni, I know they do have many types but that was the only Guinness that wasn't their black bottle draught so I thought that was maybe the foreign one.

SC*AR (Schwarz Army)
                  No longer stock ride height, rolling as low as a daily driver in New England should without worrying about breaking an oil pan. :up:

Comment

Brooklyn Brewery Chocolate Stout.

Comment

Originally posted by dkbmxer002 View Post
                      that was for 1 night between 3 people lolz.
                      Man share with me wtf!!
                      Originally posted by ak-
                      Support is where it's at. Like a bra. This guy has his bra off though. He lives dangerous and shameless; i like him.

Comment

A local place I go to lets you take singles :p

Comment

Burton Baton is the shit

Originally posted by whysimon
                          WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

Originally posted by HiTheNameIsBJ View Post

Brooklyn Brewery Chocolate Stout.
                            This is a delicious beer! We visited the brewery over Thanksgiving and took advantage of their happy hour on Friday. Can't argue with 6 beers for 20 dollars!

On another note I'm extremely excited to meet some of the Dogfish Head guys next week and try out their Randall!

Comment

Brewed My first real batch of beer last night. Nice dark stout that should end up at around a 6%, and be extremely hoppy and smooth.

Just gotta wait a month now, lol.

O well next week my smaller batch will be ready. A Pale ale.

"I go slow, cause;Slow is smooth, and smooth is fast."

Comment

Originally posted by davey101 View Post
                                A local place I go to lets you take singles :p
                                Upon seeing the Opa Opa growler I looked and saw you were in New England. Ever have any Wachusett? Their brewery is 5 minutes from where I live.:)
                                1988 325i Vert
                                1991 318is Slicktop

Comment

Working...
                                X