The 'favorite beer' thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just had this

Stone IPA. Best beer i have ever had. got a 24 oz from the liquor store I'm working at this summer. Poured into a glass mug I had sitting around. First: Amazing head. The scent from the head was amazingly floral and hoppy. the head lasted like 10 minutes (i let it warm up a bit since the beer was at like ~35degrees when I opened it. The taste was amazing. Sweet but balance out with the bitter hops. So complex I can't even describe. I finished the 24 oz in about 20 minutes and wanted so much more. I can't recommend this beer enough.

Comment

Ichiban... When im in Korea town 5gallons of Hite & a gallon of Soju

NEW ERA AUTO GLASS - SFV SOCAL - 818 974-3673
      DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

Hai there

Comment

Originally posted by squidmaster View Post
          Unibroue - La Fin Du Monde and Don De Dieu by farrrrrrr the best beers.
          Had La Fin Du Monde on tap in boston. Even better. so good.

Bought a Unibroue sampler the other day. They were very good on the whole but they all tasted way too similar to me. All very cidery. Even had a few crackers in between each.

PS I'm a homebrewer and can guess the freshness color dots on the bottom of Coors products with >75% accuracy so its not a case of poor pallet.

Comment

Originally posted by E30_Pare View Post
            Ichiban... When im in Korea town 5gallons of Hite & a gallon of Soju
            That's some good stuff. I drink the hell out of that when I go for Sushi!

Tonight, I'm trying:
            Aecht Schlenkerla Rauchbier Urbock

Its quite good. Not sure if it's my favorite...yet. I'll update in the morning :D

As far as I'm concerned... No other country in the world can do beer like Germany. XX is good. Sam Adams is good. Guiness is good. Anything from Germany is just better than all of those

Comment

Originally posted by m73m95 View Post
              As far as I'm concerned... No other country in the world can do beer like Germany. XX is good. Sam Adams is good. Guiness is good. Anything from Germany is just better than all of those
              I'll raise your Germany with Belgium

Comment

I like dark beers.... I'll try them (I'm always up for drinkin beers)...but no promises :)

Comment

Can't do dark. I hate over hoppy beer It's like drinking a loaf of bread. Fruity citrusy drink are ok. Ill do shock tops, but rather have new castle. Then again I rather have a good bottle of whiskey straight. Jamison+coffee anyone?

NEW ERA AUTO GLASS - SFV SOCAL - 818 974-3673
                  DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

Originally posted by CorvallisBMW View Post
                    DO WANT

you can't get it here at all :( I have so many erm...non-memories with this stuff.
                    lol wonder how I could go about shipping this stuff to the US?
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by davey101 View Post
                      I would like to touch your penis. No homo.

Not much compares to the sharp satisfying sourness of an oude ale.
                      -OVULATOR (as named by jflip2002)

Past Cars: Schwarz 1990 325i-2 (crashed), Calypsorot 1991 325i-2 Sport (rear ended)
                      Now: Blake-stitched mediocrity :(

Comment

Originally posted by Optimator View Post
                        Fuck. Unibroue.

Danke,
                        Optimator!
                        Optimator!!! FTMFW!

But it has to be on tap, a bottle doesnt do it justice.

Comment

Originally posted by Massimo View Post
                          Had one of these the other day. Better then what everyone makes it out to be.

Absolute horse piss.

R.H.D
                          M-technic I club

Comment

There is a twice annual bike ride from LA to Stone Brew put together by the bike messengers here in LA. Super fun and Stone brew makes some great beers. The brewery is absolutely beautiful.

ruination IPA is one of my favorites, especially in growler form.

I think Green Flash is one of my favorite breweries. Has anyone had palate wrecker? Love it!!!

These tasters were a $1 a piece, they were by far the biggest tasters from any brewery I have been to.

Alesmith was decent, they had a seasonal that was AMAZING but they would only allow tasters. They wouldn't sell it in any other form.

sigpic
                            TRANSACTION FEEDBACK HERE
                            FOR SALE ITEMS HERE

Comment

Green flash is one of my favs from socal

Comment

Originally posted by JamesE30 View Post
                                Absolute horse piss.
                                Which is what everyone who lives outside of Vic seems to think. I thought Tooheys and XXXX were shitty when I lived in Vic. You guys are very territorial about your beer :)

Comment

Working...
                                X