No announcement yet.

The 'favorite beer' thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of the best I have had in a LONG time. It is the Whisky Richard from Two Goats Brewing in upstate NY. The middle one is a long bow dry cider.

~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
    ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
    ~ '87 535
    ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
    ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Always been my favorite.

Comment

drinking one now actually...

form.follows.function IG @mplfoster

Comment

Originally posted by JTDay View Post
          Did you see the other labels they had on the wootstout? I was only going to buy one, but then saw the comic book label and had to get another. It is a KICK ASS beer.

Any FW fans here? I got these few on a trade. If anyone can scoop up some extra Velvet Merkin when it releases I'd offer slave services, or money, or more beer.

Cheers!

If you buy a bottle of Speedway stout and don't intend to drink it right away, pull off the foil. I have heard stories of people pulling it off to find the caps are rusted. I can't imagine that would have a good effect on the beer. The foil they use couldn't seal shit anyway. If you're really concerned, wax seal it a la Makers Mark.

Comment

Originally posted by JTDay View Post
            Did you see the other labels they had on the wootstout? I was only going to buy one, but then saw the comic book label and had to get another. It is a KICK ASS beer.

Any FW fans here? I got these few on a trade. If anyone can scoop up some extra Velvet Merkin when it releases I'd offer slave services, or money, or more beer.

Cheers!

I work for a distributor that has FW in our portfolio.

I can get you Velvet Merkin whhen it comes out.

I'll try to remember to get an extra one! :)

Comment

Originally posted by Dermeister3 View Post

You better get me one.
              ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
              ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
              ~ '87 535
              ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
              ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Originally posted by cuchullainn View Post

Dogfish Head 120 Minute IPA. 2007,2009,2012,2013. Needs no introduction. I have nearly a case of this, will hopefully pick up more when the next batch is released. Give it a few years and it becomes a more mellow, complex beer.
                I definitely appreciate the fact that you're willing to age these beers. What temp/humidity do you store them at?

That being said, I think the 90 and 120 minute IPA's are the most overrated beers of all time. Then again, I haven't tried them in some time, maybe my tastes have changed. Give me a good red IPA all day though.

Comment

Originally posted by e34john View Post
                  You get all 3 of the W00tstout bottles? I will look to grab a couple of the FireStone Walker. What do you think of the Speedway Stout? I just ran out of the Vietnamese coffee version, so much better. I should have picked up the limit. Alesmith is having a bottle sale on location for the next month, a whole bunch of old rare stuff they've been hoarding.
                  Where I shop got all 3 of them; I just bought two. I didn't want to feel TOO gluttonous lol. I haven't tried the speedway yet. Probably within the next few weeks. I'm one of those "don't age the coffee beer" types. I'd love if you kept an eye out on the FW. Let me know if there's anything in my distribution footprint you might be interested in.

Originally posted by cuchullainn View Post
                  If you buy a bottle of Speedway stout and don't intend to drink it right away, pull off the foil. I have heard stories of people pulling it off to find the caps are rusted. I can't imagine that would have a good effect on the beer. The foil they use couldn't seal shit anyway. If you're really concerned, wax seal it a la Makers Mark.
                  I would've never thought of that. Thanks!

Originally posted by Dermeister3 View Post

Sweet man let me know how I can return the favor.
                  Last edited by JTDay; 09-14-2013, 07:24 PM.
                  Past: 1987 325iS, Bilsteins - HR Sports

Present: 1999 M3, Koni Yellows - HR Sports - GC Camber Plates - UUC Swaybars - UUC SSK - AFE Intake - Stromung Catback

2009 Mazdaspeed3, Short Ram Intake - Turbo Inlet Pipe - 2nd cat Delete - Catback - Fuel Pump Internals - Cobb Accessport - Stratified E30 tune - 294/342 - SPC Camber Arms - CPE Rear Motor Mount

Comment

I will grab as many as I can find. We have a few good stores here, I just picked up 2 bottles of Sucaba for someone on the east coast.
                    sigpic

Comment

Four Peaks Kilt Lifter is my top beer. Brewery/restaurant is a few miles away tucked away on 8th Street. What better than getting your favorite beer straight from the source with some good food?
                      1991 325i - "Scambles" The Daily Driven lightly modded.
                      1988 Mazda RX-7 TII "Mako" The Free Dorito
                      bacon by Jared Laabs, on Flickr

Comment

^^I though it was excellent. Hop Knot was really good too.

Originally posted by e34john View Post
                        I will grab as many as I can find. We have a few good stores here, I just picked up 2 bottles of Sucaba for someone on the east coast.
                        Sweet! I'll take as many as you can get ;) Thanks again man. I tried parabola and immediately fell in love with FW. I even bought their barrelworks teku online.
                        Past: 1987 325iS, Bilsteins - HR Sports

Present: 1999 M3, Koni Yellows - HR Sports - GC Camber Plates - UUC Swaybars - UUC SSK - AFE Intake - Stromung Catback

2009 Mazdaspeed3, Short Ram Intake - Turbo Inlet Pipe - 2nd cat Delete - Catback - Fuel Pump Internals - Cobb Accessport - Stratified E30 tune - 294/342 - SPC Camber Arms - CPE Rear Motor Mount

Comment

Has anyone tried these!!
                          Attached Files

Comment

^
                            Yes, it's good for one of the bigger Mexican beers. Taste better than the Coronas, Tecates etc. Good pilsner from Mexico.
                            sigpic

Comment

Found this in cans at a local convenience store. Delicious German ale brewed in Portland. Gotta love living in Oregon.

Comment

It's my favorite time of year... Oktoberfest!
                                88 325is - S52 powered

Originally posted by King Arthur
                                We'll not risk another frontal assault, that rabbit's dynamite!

Comment

Working...
                                X