I think it's high time tasering be reviewed.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • JGood
    replied
    Originally posted by Jordan
    Yeah, I would have much rather seen that traffic stop go that way.
    I see you understood my point. I expected nothing more...



    Originally posted by rwdrift
    What the f*ck is wrong with the people who think that was reasonable on the cop's behalf?

    The cop is an asshole throughout the entire video.

    "Oh he put his hands on his pocket". Threat for the cop there? Sure. But realize that the cop had already learned the history of the car and driver before he walked back with the ticket.

    Now, for the hands in pocket thing. You honestly think the guy is thinking about that with thinking he would be arrested? People can't think of everything there.

    Worst of all, after he puts the cuffs on the guy, he can clearly tell the driver would have nothing to do, even if he had some sort of a weapon. At this point, he still fails to reason at any point in time, over a speeding ticket of what? +10? +15?

    He can't even argue with his wife!

    "I was placing him under arrest..... and that's just the way it is"

    I mean honestly, people need to grow a fucking brain. How far do you have to go over a simple speeding ticket?

    - Erick

    LOL. You made no point through all that.

    Learned his history? You've never heard of a first time offender running from the police? What country have you been living in?

    He's allowed to put his hands in his pocket because he's scared? Is he allowed to grab his knife while he's got his hand in his pocket too?

    Failing to reason after he was arrested? I think the situation has escalated to the point where they need to leave the roadway and get everyone calmed down, and go to court (which they did).

    He put him under arrest because he refused to sign his ticket. You see something wrong with that? That's the law. Nothing unusual there.


    Not a single one of you would say anything if this guy ran or through a punch at the cop. I hate cops because of their ego's and power trips as much as everyone else - but jesus christ - sign your ticket and go the fuck home. To a cop, their life isn't worth being extra nice to some jackass resisting arrest.

    Leave a comment:


  • E30SPDFRK
    replied
    The guy was an idiot, but the cop still acted a bit excessively.

    Leave a comment:


  • mudflaps
    replied
    Originally posted by jflip2002
    Oh I didnt notice this was in Columbus, Ohio. He was probably a buckeye fan, so he deserved it. I retract my last post.

    Leave a comment:


  • Erick
    replied
    What the f*ck is wrong with the people who think that was reasonable on the cop's behalf?

    The cop is an asshole throughout the entire video.

    "Oh he put his hands on his pocket". Threat for the cop there? Sure. But realize that the cop had already learned the history of the car and driver before he walked back with the ticket.

    Now, for the hands in pocket thing. You honestly think the guy is thinking about that with thinking he would be arrested? People can't think of everything there.

    Worst of all, after he puts the cuffs on the guy, he can clearly tell the driver would have nothing to do, even if he had some sort of a weapon. At this point, he still fails to reason at any point in time, over a speeding ticket of what? +10? +15?

    He can't even argue with his wife!

    "I was placing him under arrest..... and that's just the way it is"

    I mean honestly, people need to grow a fucking brain. How far do you have to go over a simple speeding ticket?

    - Erick

    Leave a comment:


  • Jordan
    replied
    Originally posted by JGood
    I'd love to see the reactions of you guys if that guy turned around, pulled a gun, and shot the cop.
    Yeah, I would have much rather seen that traffic stop go that way.

    Leave a comment:


  • JGood
    replied
    Originally posted by jflip2002
    That cop was a piece of shit and was excessive in his force. It was a speeding ticket, not an assault suspect who is trying to get away. The guy wasnt acting in a manner that looked threatening. His finger was on the tazer trigger, given the circumstance that the guy were to make a threatening act, that tazer would have dropped him in his tracks. IMO that piece of shit was probably just in a pissed off mood, and was having his little ego/power trip.

    Maybe you missed the part where guy refused to sign the ticket. That means he gets arrested. He then resisted arrest by not putting his hands behind is back, and began walking back to his vehicle - who the fuck knows what he was going to do. How many videos have you seen of police shootouts and chases that start like that - just a speeding ticket that end up in a high speed chase? I know I've seen a LOT. Then you put the entire public in harms way because you didn't want to "harm an innocent victim".

    He was a smart ass from the start. He didn't get his license/registration when asked for it, he refused to sign, resisted arrest...

    The only thing the cop could have done to make the situation better is to explain to him he can sign not guilty and battle it in court, that he is not willing to discuss the issue on the side of the road. But that's just standard procedure - this guys ignorance to the law can't be blamed on the cop.

    Like I said, I'd love to see the reactions of you guys if that guy turned around, pulled a gun, and shot the cop. It has happened, does happen, and will continue to happen. But I guess the cop is supposed to know who is and who isn't going to shoot at him

    Leave a comment:


  • gazellebeigem3
    replied
    Originally posted by jflip2002
    Oh I didnt notice this was in Columbus, Ohio. He was probably a buckeye fan, so he deserved it. I retract my last post.
    hahaha columbus doesnt quite have that much sand/canyons. Im not sure where it is but not here.

    Leave a comment:


  • jflip2002
    replied
    Oh I didnt notice this was in Columbus, Ohio. He was probably a buckeye fan, so he deserved it. I retract my last post.

    Leave a comment:


  • jflip2002
    replied
    That cop was a piece of shit and was excessive in his force. It was a speeding ticket, not an assault suspect who is trying to get away. The guy wasnt acting in a manner that looked threatening. His finger was on the tazer trigger, given the circumstance that the guy were to make a threatening act, that tazer would have dropped him in his tracks. IMO that piece of shit was probably just in a pissed off mood, and was having his little ego/power trip.

    Also, on a side note, since you are required by law to sign a ticket, you should. But I think alot of people think by signing the ticket they are admitting guilt. There should be a couple lines for a quick description on your behalf as well. Even though 99% of us would just lie.

    edit: 100% of us would just lie.

    Leave a comment:


  • Apex381
    replied
    Originally posted by gazellebeigem3
    haha awesome. The Columbus Police department no longer have dash cams, probly to avoid lawsuits an' shit like this.
    wow I guess I'm going to be staying the hell out of columbus

    Leave a comment:


  • gazellebeigem3
    replied
    haha awesome. The Columbus Police department no longer have dash cams, probly to avoid lawsuits an' shit like this.

    Leave a comment:


  • AndrewBird
    replied
    ^^^+1

    Besides, it's a taser. Excessive is if he would have shot him in the knee cap. I mean, look at the video. He was walking around fine RIGHT after he hit him.

    Leave a comment:


  • JGood
    replied
    I'd like to hear everyones opinion if it turned out the guy had a gun on him, that was found after the cop took him down, or maybe a small knife in his hand. Would you still stick up for your poor, abused victim?

    Leave a comment:


  • E30Idea
    replied
    Originally posted by swimstarguy
    .....For every time a cop bugged me about something there were 1000 times when I should have been stopped but wasn't.


    ~Zar4
    Fucking spot on!!!!. That applies to 95% of the people on this site!.

    Leave a comment:


  • Quik325ix
    replied
    seemed a bit excessive to me...

    Leave a comment:

Working...