My school is r3v

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My school is r3v

I quit regular school and started going to a NATEF auto school so I can get into STEP. Anyways, I have come to the realization that 1. school is awesome and 2. my school is r3v.

First off, I don't have to take any bullshit classes like history or math, which is +32897 in my book. I actually ENJOY going to school, I don't even mind waking up at 6:30am to get to class.

Next to that I have close to a 4.0 GPA. My teacher loves me because I kick ass at everything. I just did 5 of my 6 semester performance tests and I have a 100% on all of them so far. I got A's on all my mid-terms except one, brakes, I didn't do to well on it, but then again 70% of the class failed.... All the tests are in the NATEF format which takes a long time to get used to, if you think too hard you will get it wrong.

Now, why my school is r3v. 1. Our teacher is nuts, but in a good way. Hes angry most of the time, and just unloads on kids that do stupid shit (like hooking up red to black and black to red... lol) Every class we can get about a good 15min into any lecture before it gets sidetracked and people start talking about fucking animals, sheep, and just some fucked up topics. Heres one of his latests jokes

"I was driving home last night, and I passed some railroad tracks. I saw a girl tied up on them so I untied her and brought her home. Man, we did some crazy shit that night"

and we are all like.... uh.... ok? so he says "ask me if she was hot", so we ask, "was she hot?" he replies "I have no idea, I couldn't find her head!"

Kinda funny just coming from a teacher. Also, everyone swears a lot which is fun, teacher included. And we don't have to call him mister anything, we just go by first name.

He has already banned a kid. He was a cockmouth no one liked, and him and the teacher got into a huge argument and he got booted from school. Theres still one dropped325i kid there, everyone hates him, teacher included.

So, I have decided my school is r3v. Women are objects, foul language, talk about some fucked up shit. And yes, we had a good 10 min conversation about 2 girls 1 cup.

Also, we just got a brand new on car brake lathe. The thing cost about $15,000. My teacher wanted me to be the first to use it. I was setting it up one day and the fucking adjustment handle jammed (wasn't anything I did) so I didn't get to do it. But about a week later I came in on a day where I have the first hour being optional. Mainly I only come in if I have something to do. So since I didn't have any work on my car I skipped it. Well I came into the shop and everyone told me the teacher wanted me, so I go up to his office. And I guess he was waiting for me to show up because he didn't want anyone else playing with the machine right now. So its pretty awesome that I am the favorite.

Last performance test is alignment which I have tomorrow. Should be a walk in the park, then next week is all written tests.

Tech schools FTW, real 4 years schools FTL.
    Rollin' with a Geistkuchen

Sounds fun.
    "We praise or find fault, depending on which of the two provides more opportunity for our powers of judgement to shine."

Comment

Cliffnotes:

You couldn't hack it at a university, went to a tech school, found a career field you enjoy and excel in. Congratulations, would you like a cookie?

As for this:

Originally posted by equate975 View Post
      bullshit classes like history or math
      Wow.

If you want to be a mechanic. Otherwise... no.
      ---1991 M50 Powered More Door
      ---1990 Slow Calypso Cabrio
      ---2002 9k Rev Honda

Comment

Originally posted by Roadsterd View Post
        Cliffnotes:

You couldn't hack it at a university, went to a tech school, found a career field you enjoy and excel in. Congratulations, would you like a cookie?

As for this:

Wow.

If you want to be a mechanic. Otherwise... no.

Way to be a dick dude.
        "We praise or find fault, depending on which of the two provides more opportunity for our powers of judgement to shine."

Comment

Originally posted by Gruelius
          and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

Just a side note - college doesn't do shit. Period. I was at a strip club the other night and one of the dancers said she had a degree from The university of texas but couldn't find a job. I'm still in school and get paid more than alot of people. Plus, the average college grad makes between 30 and 40k a year. the average college student anticipates nearly 100k salary upon graduation. Jokes on you guys.

Comment

I've heard it a million times from every mechanic past the age of 30.

"Man, I wish I hadn't dropped out of school to do this, it's great and all when you're young, but when you've got a family, all the hours and the low pay just don't cut it any more. You better not f*ck up and end up like me."

I love working on cars, it makes a great side job as a college student, but you'd be hard pressed to make real money and enjoy what you do 10 years from now.
              '89 325i track sloot
              '01 530i daily

-Enginerd

Comment

4 years schools are a waste of time unless you want to be a lawyer or something.

I was going for Computer Science and it was stupid as hell. Why do I need to take history for that? Theres no fucking point. Oh I had to take art too, WTF will that EVER do for computer science?

If I didn't have to take like 5 more math classes I would still be in it. 90% of the math I took had no relation to anything I was doing with computers even though all the counselors claimed it did.

Had I just gone to a tech school off the crack I would be done now, and not have wasted all my time and money at a real school.

Comment

Originally posted by psloan View Post
                  Just a side note - college doesn't do shit. Period. I was at a strip club the other night and one of the dancers said she had a degree from The university of texas but couldn't find a job. I'm still in school and get paid more than alot of people. Plus, the average college grad makes between 30 and 40k a year. the average college student anticipates nearly 100k salary upon graduation. Jokes on you guys.
                  Liberal Arts degrees are *mostly* BS.

MEEN FTW.
                  '89 325i track sloot
                  '01 530i daily

-Enginerd

Comment

Originally posted by whiltebeitel View Post
                    I've heard it a million times from every mechanic past the age of 30.

"Man, I wish I hadn't dropped out of school to do this, it's great and all when you're young, but when you've got a family, all the hours and the low pay just don't cut it any more. You better not f*ck up and end up like me."

I love working on cars, it makes a great side job as a college student, but you'd be hard pressed to make real money and enjoy what you do 10 years from now.
                    Yeah I can totally see that, but thats not my plan. I don't want to work on cars for the rest of my life, that would suck. But if I get into STEP I can get a good solid job I can make money at. Plus, as insane as this sounds, I want to go into STEP to learn about BMWS, I could care less about getting a job at the dealer.

My plan is to work at a dealer for a few years, obviously won't be married or have kids to worry about, so I can save all my money. Then I would like to open my own specialty shop and just run that. I'm not going to be turning a wrench, but telling other people what to do.

Edit:

All and all I want to be the next TMS lol. Develop performance parts and make a killing with the online market. I don't want to change oil and align cars my entire life.

Comment

Either way - college isn't the answer for everyone. Look at the top 10 richest people in the US. Roadsterd needs to get off the high horse.

Comment

Yeah I can totally see that, but thats not my plan. I don't want to work on cars for the rest of my life, that would suck. But if I get into STEP I can get a good solid job I can make money at. Plus, as insane as this sounds, I want to go into STEP to learn about BMWS, I could care less about getting a job at the dealer.

My plan is to work at a dealer for a few years, obviously won't be married or have kids to worry about, so I can save all my money. Then I would like to open my own specialty shop and just run that. I'm not going to be turning a wrench, but telling other people what to do.

If thats the case, take some business classes at night.

Comment

If thats the case, take some business classes at night.
                          Yeah for sure, next year at school its not so intense for auto programs. You get more time to do your few gen eds, which I have already tested out of all of them. So I will have a lot of free time on my hands. I plan on taking a few business classes.

Comment

hhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmzzzzzz on all that.
                            Build Threads:
                            Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

Either way - college isn't the answer for everyone. Look at the top 10 richest people in the US. Roadsterd needs to get off the high horse.

depends on your definition of a high horse... you're on the opposite end of the spectrum, he's saying "You need college", you're saying "no you don't"... technically YOU'RE on your own high horse as well as him.
                              Like it was mentioned, college isn't for everybody,depending on what you want to do with your life... but me, being a full time student of engineering, couldn't do what I wanted in life without college... and yes, I will make substantially more money in my field for going through college... it's a fact.

Comment

Working...
                              X