The "Post pics of your home theater" thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Shangsta
    replied
    Ill have to get some of the new theater room when I get done with it. The mud goes on tomorrow and I already pre wired everything

    Leave a comment:


  • keefy6
    replied

    Leave a comment:


  • rcsoundn1
    replied
    Originally posted by Eric
    wow some of your HT setups are intese!

    all of my good stuff is in the states, and my current setup is ok, but my new favorite hi-fi gear is this Ipod stereo i picked up for pretty cheap



    blake, thos Kef speakers kick ass!
    I want one of these bad, more info on it?

    Leave a comment:


  • keefy6
    replied
    Coincidentally, I came from an SVS PB sub that I've been using about 10 yrs and although it did well, it really doesn't compare at all. This is a VTF15 and my room measures L20XW17; presumably, when you get your HSU:) invest in a sub riser, it makes a considerable sonic difference.

    If you do buy one, I suggest wait until you have your setup up and running, play some familiar material, get the riser, re-listen and you'll be able to compare and hear the differences.

    Leave a comment:


  • naplesE30
    replied
    ^From everything ive read they are a fantastic all around performer, and priced well. Its either hsu or svs but Im leaning towards the HSU due to the adaptability of it..... Only drawback is the size and trying to get the w.a.f. How big of a room do you have it in? Is that the vtf15?
    Last edited by naplesE30; 03-07-2014, 04:38 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • keefy6
    replied
    ^

    bought this last December



    highly recommend HSU

    Leave a comment:


  • naplesE30
    replied
    Denon 1913
    Focal 816v center and towers
    Samsung bluray
    vizio 55" led

    Think for sub I'm going to go with hsu 12" and need to get some focal ceiling speakers. Very happy with the focals for everyday use and they are great all around...... use 50/50 for music/tv. Also my speaker spacing sucks but wife hates to see the towers.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by naplesE30; 03-06-2014, 02:40 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • E30_Pare
    replied
    Nothing fancy. Just my room setup. Dual screening with my pc on a 39in insignia led. (Imo not a bad tv for 170$ on black friday)



    Sound comes from Klipsch Promedia 2.1 turned 4.1 with some logitech z-2300 satellites flipped upside down.



    A led light strip & extra acoustic foam i had laying around. For a small room it suits me perfectly.






    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Leave a comment:


  • BlackSpeed66
    replied
    I'll play... Here's my junk. The tv has since been replaced with a 60" Samsung plasma....

    Harman/Kardon Separates into an H/K Citation 16 that's been rebuilt professionally. These feed my JBL L166s, all feed from a MacMini thru a Grant Fidelity Tube DAC.




    Leave a comment:


  • keefy6
    replied
    bump?

    Leave a comment:


  • Kvasi
    replied
    Forgot about this thread, thanks guys :)

    The size of the dude hanging from the roof. Barco 808s


    And the corner table. 42" Pioneer :)

    Leave a comment:


  • Dozyproductions
    replied
    Originally posted by Jean
    For HT, it's older Polk rt55, cs400i and matching rears.



    My mains for 2channel HiFi are diy.
    Tweeters are ScanSpeak ss9500
    Mids are Vifa PL18s
    Woofers are ScanSpeak 25w8565s

    Crossovers have gone through 3-4 changes, designed by madisound at first, then measured by calibrated mic/setup at a local diy amp/speaker event and changed a little bit since.

    Also got a couple diy amps, p3a/aksa and working on class A monoblocks by Nelson Pass of Passlabs.

    Beautiful compilation of drivers! Did you notice a dramatic change after customizing your crossovers? That seems like that's the most ideal approach!

    Ill look into Passlabs. Looks like some good projects. Good show mate, once can justify spending some money for audio it looks like there's going to be some fun projects. Hopefully no equivalent to blowing a rod ;)

    Leave a comment:


  • Jean
    replied
    Originally posted by Kvasi
    Mi casa




    Haha Nice!

    Leave a comment:


  • Jean
    replied
    For HT, it's older Polk rt55, cs400i and matching rears.

    Originally posted by Dozyproductions
    any diy setups? Would be wicked to hear what drivers went well with what xover points and in what kind of boxes.
    My mains for 2channel HiFi are diy.
    Tweeters are ScanSpeak ss9500
    Mids are Vifa PL18s
    Woofers are ScanSpeak 25w8565s

    Crossovers have gone through 3-4 changes, designed by madisound at first, then measured by calibrated mic/setup at a local diy amp/speaker event and changed a little bit since.

    Also got a couple diy amps, p3a/aksa and working on class A monoblocks by Nelson Pass of Passlabs.

    Leave a comment:


  • TexasTerp
    replied
    I'm currently redoing my room so I don't have any pics yet, but here are the speakers I'm going to be building:

    MTM Design for wall mounted fronts:
    HiVi B4N 4" Aluminum Mid Range (2x)
    1 1/8th Dayton Audio Silk Dome Tweeter
    Dayton Audio 2.5k Crossover

    My room is super small (12'x 10' ) so I'm sticking with a 2.1 system as there is no room for a surround setup. I'm looking at buying a townhouse next year (renting now) so when that happens I'll move to a bigger setup.

    These two speakers will be flanking a 55" LED Samsung tv hooked up to my CubieBoard2 Media System and RaspberryPi + 20TB Raid 10 storage unit.

    Pics to come over the next month or so once I'm done with the room redesign.

    Leave a comment:

Working...