The "Post pics of your home theater" thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • parkerbink
    replied
    I had no problem installing the OMNIs. They come with templates that you tape on the wall that even have a little "drawer" that folds out to catch the wall particulates that come from drilling into the wall.

    Leave a comment:


  • Jand3rson
    replied
    Originally posted by psloan
    Hey what type of wall mount do you guys reccomend? I need to get mine up there - but all of the flush mount ones I find are way overpriced. Any tips?
    Peerless and Omni make the best mounts. If you want an articulating arm type, the Peerless ones are the best. The Omni mounts are a little more modern looking, but way more of a pain in the ass to install.

    Peerless (they come in silver or black)


    Omni:


    I've installed both of these mount several times. The Omni is cooler looking, but if you're into simplicity, the Peerless is the way to go. It's also cheaper, and SO much easier to install.

    Leave a comment:


  • parkerbink
    replied









    I'm in.

    In my apartment that I was supposed to be in for six months over a year ago, I have:

    Sharp Aquos 4662U 1080P LCD
    HK AVR 630 (awaiting AVR 645 delivery next week)
    Infinity RS5 front main
    DCI Center
    Infinity R5 rear

    Tivo Series 3 HD

    Sony BDP-S300 Blu Ray (Just replaced Samsung 1400 yesterday)

    Sub is a 10" Orion XTR III car woofer in a truck box left over from my Tundra running off a bridged Carver Professional amp I got at a pawnshop, that seriously irritates the neighbors!

    Odds & ends, all are the dregs of what I brought from home when I came last year except the three new pieces.

    All work mighty well all things considered.


    Originally posted by psloan
    Hey what type of wall mount do you guys reccomend? I need to get mine up there - but all of the flush mount ones I find are way overpriced. Any tips?
    All of the OMNI mounts I have gotten came from ebay, Omnimounts that retailed for 100-300.00 (the Sharp is on a U3 Tilt, retail, 250.00 I paid 53.xx delivered) Be sure to get one rated for the size and weight of your display.
    Last edited by parkerbink; 12-09-2007, 03:04 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • psloan
    replied
    come on guys - he picked a show that demonstrated the quality of his picture.

    Leave a comment:


  • e30Matt
    replied
    Originally posted by E30SPDFRK
    Looks like an ice rink. Lets give him the benifit of the doubt and say its hockey.
    No boards, it ain't hockey. He's watching figure skating or speed skating. :)

    Leave a comment:


  • psloan
    replied
    Hey what type of wall mount do you guys reccomend? I need to get mine up there - but all of the flush mount ones I find are way overpriced. Any tips?

    Leave a comment:


  • E30SPDFRK
    replied
    Looks like an ice rink. Lets give him the benifit of the doubt and say its hockey.

    Leave a comment:


  • Roadsterd
    replied
    Originally posted by equate975
    Are you watching figure skating???
    Looks like a racetrack.

    Leave a comment:


  • equate975
    replied
    Originally posted by thull


    Are you watching figure skating???

    Leave a comment:


  • thull
    replied
    The remote is one of the original T3s.

    I love it - programmed it myself along with the RP-6 and its amazing what it can do.

    Leave a comment:


  • Jand3rson
    replied
    Nice on the RTI remote, thull! The company I work for is an RTI dealer (I do home theater, distributed audio, networking and home automation), I'm currently in programming classes. I'll be getting a T1 soon for my new system. What model is that?

    Also a nod to the Niles volume controls, we used to sell those, now we do Sonance for volume controls, speakers, and distributed audio.

    Anyway, I just got my system set up tonight, so I'll get a shot later, I still need to get speaker stands, they're on the floor next to the TV stand right now, lol.

    50" Samsung DLP
    Harmon Kardon 3370
    JVC DVD player
    Pace HD DVR
    Pioneer bookshelf speakers
    Miller & Kreisel dual 8" sub

    Leave a comment:


  • Jon325i
    replied
    I have the distinction of owning the world's smallest large screen TV. Reception leaves something to be desired :?



    Jon

    Leave a comment:


  • thull
    replied
    Nice DVR! I'm jealous!

    Here's my setup:

    Electronics:
    Pioneer Elite 50" plasma
    Denon AVR3802
    DirecTV H20
    XBOX 360 Elite
    XBOX HD DVD player
    Dell HT PC
    RTI touch remote
    bluetooth keyboard
    gyration mouse

    Acoustics:
    Klipsch RF-3 towers (front r/l)
    plasma speakers (center)
    Klipsch Reference in-walls (surround)
    Klipsch 8" sub

    Multi-Room:
    2-8" Paradigm in-ceiling
    Niles volume control

    All of it is on a conditioned, dedicated 50 amp circuit




    Leave a comment:


  • Turf1600
    started a topic The "Post pics of your home theater" thread

    The "Post pics of your home theater" thread

    Alright - I know some of you guys have bad ass setups. Figured one thread would be a good place to have a look and also discuss AV shit.

    I'll start. Mine's nowhere near the best - but I love it.

    HD DVR
    HK AVR 147
    Velodyne 12'' sub
    LG 50'' plasma
    5 ceiling mounted speakers
    wii
    All running on HDMI





    You can't see all of the speakers - but there's some.

    Last edited by Turf1600; 12-09-2007, 08:34 AM.
Working...