Yet another financial question

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • psloan
    replied
    holy shit that would be a rush. I'd almost borrow 10k to enter the WSOP.

    Leave a comment:


  • equate975
    replied
    Stop being a waffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswaffles, go take a loan out for 20 grand and bet it on red. ;)

    Leave a comment:


  • Charlie
    replied
    http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/boa...p?id=32418&p=1

    Seems like as good a place to post this as any.

    I'm still curious as to how the hell the guy paid 38k for a used Saturn. The fact that he has an e30 makes me hope he's on this board too.

    -Charlie

    Leave a comment:


  • psloan
    replied
    lol

    Leave a comment:


  • Charlie
    replied
    I just got a $570 "rewards" check for using my CC as my "debit" card. Yay Amex.

    -Charlie

    Leave a comment:


  • thectrlguy
    replied
    Good for you.... but these "points" are apparently overrated

    Originally posted by psloan
    IIRC something like 85% of people never use "points" or other credit card perks.

    Originally posted by psloan
    Just an interesting update. I signed up with chase over the weekend - and guess what I got? Airline miles with the use of my debit card!!!!1!

    http://www.chase.com/ccp/index.jsp?p...ental_airlines
    Last edited by thectrlguy; 01-07-2008, 11:12 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • psloan
    replied
    It's worth noting. It's a cool program. I posted because it's funny - not to bring the debate back.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ral
    replied
    dude, give it up. If you think this refers to you, it probably does.

    Leave a comment:


  • psloan
    replied
    Just an interesting update. I signed up with chase over the weekend - and guess what I got? Airline miles with the use of my debit card!!!!1!

    http://www.chase.com/ccp/index.jsp?p...ental_airlines

    Leave a comment:


  • Court M3
    replied
    OT So wait when did Heeter get to Illinois? Thought he was banned awhile back ? I'm lost

    Leave a comment:


  • Farbin Kaiber
    replied
    All thats comming thru at this end in this thread is;

    "Blah Blah... Bitch, Whine, Piss, Moan... Bitch, bitch....wahh wahh... Ranty Ranty R A N T Y. Whine... Look how big my penis is...Bitch. Whine. STFU"

    I just keep waiting for it to go somewhere.

    Leave a comment:


  • rwh11385
    replied
    Originally posted by Rigmaster
    I know what I'm talking about, Psloan said that credit cards are HIS enemy.

    Sure, it's fun to sling around insults and put downs, but I'd much rather hear (err, read) more good information, informed opinions and less BS. You guys (ctrldude and heeter) seem to have a personal beef with psloan- and it's taken this thread wayyyyyy off track.
    Psloan and RobertK make it seem like Credit cards are the nation's enemy and should be avoided, just because they are chicken shit.

    You want informed opinions and less BS... then why is it okay for patrick to post: uninformed Dave Ramsey bullshit is all he has.

    I do have beef with psloan - he is a moron. They should be sterilized and have their vocal cords cut / keyboard unplugged. The human race and forum would be better for it.

    Leave a comment:


  • Rigmaster
    replied
    Originally posted by thectrlguy
    You're a genius aren't you....






    Rigmaster, if you are going to engage in a conversation, know what you are talking about.... view psloan quote ^^^^







    Yes, I am a genius- so suck it!! :P

    I know what I'm talking about, Psloan said that credit cards are HIS enemy.


    Sure, it's fun to sling around insults and put downs, but I'd much rather hear (err, read) more good information, informed opinions and less BS. You guys (ctrldude and heeter) seem to have a personal beef with psloan- and it's taken this thread wayyyyyy off track.



    Oh, BTW, your bank statement doesn't impress me one bit. Having that much money in your checking account proves nothing- except that you really don't seem to practice what you are preaching. How much interest are you earning on that checking account?

    Leave a comment:


  • thectrlguy
    replied
    Originally posted by Rigmaster
    ctrlguy- I think you have some........ umm.... control issues......
    You're a genius aren't you....


    Originally posted by Rigmaster
    No one said that credit cards are baaaaaaaaad, and that they have no practical use.
    Originally posted by psloan
    Credit cards are my enemy. When you get down to it - there is no purpose! If you don't have the money - don't spend it! They promote an instant gratification society which in return yields major financial problems for many. However - if you insist on paying people to use money that you could have accumulated in a short amount of time anyways - so be it.
    Rigmaster, if you are going to engage in a conversation, know what you are talking about.... view psloan quote ^^^^




    Originally posted by lance_entities
    You are a fucking moron. You don't think rich people use credit cards or other forms of financing? Have you never taken a corporate finance course? Companies always will try to find the cheapest means of paying for a purchase later, and they usually don't get rewards unless they get an early payment discount, etc.

    Actually, you couldn't be more wrong. A machine in a factory loses value very much so and has to be replaced, but it is still a very important asset. The loss is value is called depreciation and is written against profits coming from it. In a personal life, the profit from owning a TV, a car, etc. is the utility you draw from it. Sure there is an expense from having a new car, or traveling, but they are important sometimes to personal happiness, something that does not show on a balance sheet.

    A liability is an obligation, as JGood mentioned, not a value-losing asset or an expense - very different things if you know JACK SHIT about accounting, but it is clear you do not - hence why you are too retarded to use credit cards.

    You keep saying you don't want to middle class, yet are you educated at all? You are some guy who plugs in keyboards and reset passwords (a bitch who is easily replaced) and parts cars in your driveway while not using credit cards living under a tin foil hat avoiding FICO. Where in this plan do you move up or even enjoy life - besides the naive dream where you magically rise up because of your avoidance of building credit?
    Couldn't have said it better myself.

    Leave a comment:


  • psloan
    replied
    Originally posted by lance_entities
    Why? All my money (and Sallie Mae's, Purdue's, a corporation's scholarship, and a student organization's scholarship) goes towards the ROI on me, not into a bank account earning minimal interest, if any.

    Resorting to that question simply means you have completely been annihilated on all other fronts are desperate for some small victory in the debate.
    Uhh I gave up on this being serious a long time ago

    Leave a comment:

Working...