Devasting news story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Devasting news story

Try to prepare yourself for this, scary stuff.

http://www.cbsnews.com/sections/i_video/main500251.s
    html?id=3776975n&channel=i_video

(EDIT: dammit- yes i know how to spell 'devastating', can't change the thread title)
    '91 318is
    sigpic

That happens more than a lot of people realize. I was given fillings in boot camp even though I never had a cavity before in my life, and had been told by a civilian dentist before I joined that my teeth were healthy.

My brother got the worse end of it: He was on the Constellation during westpac and started having trouble breathing. They took chest X-rays on the ship, saw spots and told him that he probably had lung cancer. When he made it back home, they did a follow up and there was nothing to be found; the machine on the boat had been set up incorrectly and caused shadows on the pictures that looked like spots. Turns out he was having panic attacks, which was why he was having shortness of breath. My brother had to spend about 2 months in the gulf in 120* heat thinking he was going to die. Fucked up.
    Jason

Comment

I hope this gets attention.
      IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

Unfortunately, this trash happens all the time. Ask me how I know.
        Slicktop City!

Comment

Originally posted by ldsbeaker View Post
          Unfortunately, this trash happens all the time. Ask me how I know.
          How do you know?
          "We praise or find fault, depending on which of the two provides more opportunity for our powers of judgement to shine."

Comment

thats a real messed up story. I hope a lot of people see this.

Comment

I'm a Marine. It happens. Unfortunately, in this case, you get what you pay for. Our medical is free. See what I mean?

p.s. I posted before without actually watching the video. Watched it.
              Damn. That is fucked up. There's no other way to say it. Seeing that Marine all jacked up like that.... It's a freakin' crime against humanity.
              Slicktop City!

Comment

wow that is an EXCELLENT piece. you couldn't wish something like that.
                sigpic

Comment

man... thats just fucked!!!

s50 downunder yo!

Comment

For some reason that doesn't surprise me.. Hope this story gets big and something is done about it.

Comment

Wow, I just watched the video. That really is a crime that the doctor never communicated the issue at hand with anyone and never said anything about it. That is appalling.
                      My 2.9L Build!

Originally posted by Ernest Hemingway
                      There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.

Comment

Originally posted by PiercedE30 View Post
                        Wow, I just watched the video. That really is a crime that the doctor never communicated the issue at hand with anyone and never said anything about it. That is appalling.
                        well according to the feres doctrine (which is viable in some respects), it's not.
                        sigpic

Comment

Military docs are the worst. They gave my girlfriends mom a c-section for some reason. Well, thats all and fine. But on the next kid (my girlfriend) they let her have a natural birth. She eventually had to get her internals yanked out.
                          Originally posted by blunt
                          i would jerk larry king off while tonging jflips ass if h0lmes would blow his head off

Comment

Fuck.

That's bad.

Comment

Originally posted by One21Two View Post
                              thats a real messed up story. I hope a lot of people see this.
                              The question is how many people see the fact that if universal heath care comes into being, we will all be treated like that.

I'm not saying I like the fact that the military guys are getting the shaft ( I did my 8 years ), I'm just pointing out that if the gov gets control of the private sector you will see lot's more of this kind of garbage.

Comment

Working...
                              X