ICE: In Case of Emergency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ICE: In Case of Emergency

Anyone know if this has caught on here in the US or if there is another form that emergency response teams use?

is that where you put that in your phone so people know who to call?
    my mom did that
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
    Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

I have "Mom" in my book, that should be good right...
      Hemingway said it best. “There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.”

Help a brother out, buy your detailing products here...

Comment

Well, I was thinking about that but maybe they only go as far as looking for ICE, if they even go that far.

Comment

If I were a cop, mom or home would be the first person I call.
          Hemingway said it best. “There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.”

Help a brother out, buy your detailing products here...

Comment

I've got "Home" in mine. If they are thick headed enough not to call there, then they sure as hell won't know what "ICE" means.

Comment

That's a really good idea

Comment

FWIW, I've had that in my phone for a while, but I should think "Home" or "Mom" would work pretty well, too.
                John in MD - 1991 318is
                190k miles and still rolling!

Comment

Just as about everybody else has said, "Home" "Mom" and "Dad" are probably going to be pretty damn obvious too, or whoever is looking would definitely be too thick headed to think of what ICE means...

Comment

Well, I think that's a good idea, but it would require that everyone know what the hell it means. Maybe it should be an automatic phonebook entry for every phone sold? Then people would know what it means.

I actually have a little experience with this kind of situation. I had a lab partner collapse and go unconcious while we were working in the physics lab. We were the only ones there. I called 911, and the FD came along with university police and took her to the hospital. When they took her, they left her belongings and seeing how I knew her (hung out a bit outside of class), I took her stuff to give to her later. The university police took down my info for some reason, and I got a phone call about a half hour later. Evidently the emergency contact info the school had was out dated and they asked me if i knew who they should contact. I immediately went to her phone and gave them the number under "mom" and the last number she had dialed. If there had been an "ICE" entry, i would have skipped over it since I didn't know what it meant.

But, that is a freak chain of events, so whatever.

Comment

as an emt/firefighter we tend to look for mom, dad, home, etc..well the cop is usually the one taking care of that.
                      but in my latest phone the contact list says 'in case of emergency' in red letters with a red cross next to it, and that stays the very first contact no matter what.

Comment

new verizon phones come with a contact called In Case of Emergency and it sits at the top of you contact list with red lettering. You can put up to 3 numbers in that contact and have a note of 250 characters
                        Originally posted by george graves

Are you kidding me? That nerd doesn't even know how his dick works, let alone a car.

Comment

Originally posted by moloc325 View Post
                          as an emt/firefighter we tend to look for mom, dad, home, etc..well the cop is usually the one taking care of that.
                          but in my latest phone the contact list says 'in case of emergency' in red letters with a red cross next to it, and that stays the very first contact no matter what.
                          Wow, I'm glad I completely didn't see that. I'm retarded, but anywho, I added my .02
                          Originally posted by george graves

Are you kidding me? That nerd doesn't even know how his dick works, let alone a car.

Comment

Originally posted by devonjordan View Post
                            If I were a cop, mom or home would be the first person I call.
                            I agree... your mom is the first person I call!
                            ZIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING!
                            Yours truly,
                            Rich
                            sigpic
                            Originally posted by Rigmaster
                            you kids get off my lawn.....

Comment

My mom in my phone is "EWW Eggplant" dad is "hitler" and home is "hell"

i'm fucked
                              BRUTE

Comment

Working...
                              X