Older Toy Trivia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Older Toy Trivia

Me and my roomate were thinking about old"er" toys that we used to play with.

POGs
    Creepy Crawler oven

I remember that I used to have something similiar to the creepy crawler oven but it made plastic cars that you put wheels on different things like that.

Anyone know what they were called?

My Pretty muthafuckin Ponies.

Comment

POGs?
      How old are you?
      Yours truly,
      Rich
      sigpic
      Originally posted by Rigmaster
      you kids get off my lawn.....

Comment

ohh shit!

Originally posted by Mastrcruse View Post
        Me and my roomate were thinking about old"er" toys that we used to play with.

I remember that I used to have something similiar to the creepy crawler oven but it made plastic cars that you put wheels on different things like that.

Anyone know what they were called?
        yeah it had the little gun and you "welded" the axles on and guns and shit... oh yeah that thing was awesome! I still don't know the name of it though, and people think im crazy when I mention it.. : (

Comment

AH!!!! creepy crawlers!!!!! i had one of those!
          i never got into pogs, but lots of my friends had them.
          what about the talkboy?

Comment

Just as I feared
            I am old as dirt now.
            Yours truly,
            Rich
            sigpic
            Originally posted by Rigmaster
            you kids get off my lawn.....

Comment

my girlfriend and i almost busted out the creepy crawler oven the other day, surprisingly we both had one as kids. i still have all my pogs... i remember getting hit right below the eye one time with this huge metal slammer that bounced up. that was a fun recess.

Comment

Pogs were what, I thought at least 12 years ago. That would make me 9 or however old you are in 5th/6th grade.

Comment

Originally posted by KevyWevy View Post
                  AH!!!! creepy crawlers!!!!! i had one of those!
                  i never got into pogs, but lots of my friends had them.
                  what about the talkboy?

HAHA!! I remember having one of those. Couldn't you change your voice on it?

Comment

Originally posted by delatlanta1281 View Post
                    Just as I feared
                    I am old as dirt now.
                    +1, not that I care really.

Can you really imagine growing up NOT playing "lawndart dodgeball", or riding your Green Machine or Big Wheel without any padding or wussification of any sort.

Pop Rocks really could hurt you if you tried, and Coke was made with cane sugar.

Concrete & steel structures rising sometimes nearly 3 stories, all paved below --- oh, yeah - that was the jungle gym / monkeybars, and really only played on until the age you realized girls had boobs and weren't quite so lame.

Nowdays that playground is only 15' tall max, all rounded corners & shredded rubber underneath.

Whatever. Given the chance to choose I'd still grow up when I did. I think I was 6 when Star Wars hit theaters - what more could you ask? I remember Dad gave me a whole store size box of Red Vines & got me a bucket of Coke at that movie....weird how you remember shit 30 years ago in detail.

All that laser gun / scifi stuff was the big rage & all the plots were new when I was young, and we still all had our fair share of scars. Perfect balance.

It's not how you handle the good times, but the faith you keep in the bad that defines you.

Comment

Oh, and when Redline BMX bikes came out.....I could go on forever - I loved the 70's.

I hustled golfballs when I was ~11 ('83) so I could get a Redline - lived by a golf course & used to go knocking brushes to find balls & wash/shine & sell down by the clubhouse $5/dozen if they were all perfect. One of my better gigs as a kid.

It's not how you handle the good times, but the faith you keep in the bad that defines you.

Comment

Linus, yooooo fucking NAILED it.

I hit my kids at random just because they had it so easy.

Closing SOON!
                        "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Oh yeah, buying weed for $10/Oz (worst buttweed you ever saw) and rolling HUGE joints and selling them at High School.

Trying like hell to get a 1 pound can of black powder to blow up

Pouring gasoline on the local swimming hole and lighting it before cannonballing in...fucking AWESOME until I had to explain why I had no hair on my head...

Oh yeah, the good old days.

Closing SOON!
                          "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post

Trying like hell to get a 1 pound can of black powder to blow up

Oh yeah, the good old days.

For real, that's what being a kid was back then.

I'd lifted a ~3 lb jar of elemental sodium - It was a screw cap tin container 4" round, 12" long.

We did the standard 40Mph on a skiboat out at a friend's house on Big Lake, and I hucked it out the back mid afternoon one sunny day. It blew an inital column of water that was pretty big, but it was the Deep Purple effect afterward that was cool - it was crazy how the water was sizzling. We had some fun that day.

Point being - try lifting anything funout of a science lab now days - yeah, right.

Back when I stole it they never even peeped - what would a kid do with a full tube of sodium?

Oh, yeah - our local gun shop use to sell me powder when I was 14, and ammo a couple years prior. I doubt it works that way now days.

Comment

gijoes, REAL transformers (not the plastic shit they pawn off these days, the die cast metal ones), he man etc. the early days of anime again gijoes, transformers. real tv shows airwolf, buck rogers, a-team, knight rider.lets see all that was on tv before i left cali, and that was at age 7 so 23 years ago now (damn im old). before all this forensic drama, legal drama, reality bullshit (not that CSI:Vegas isnt bad ass). man i miss that shiz. now i settle for reruns of Cosby Show.

Comment

Working...
                              X