No announcement yet.

Older Toy Trivia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I never got a green machine. I wanted one sooooo bad.
    Lawn darts and fire. My two favorite old school toys.
    I remember when I was about 6 my older brother and his best friend burned down the teenagers clubhouse because they wouldn't let the younger kids into it. They kept all their playboys, weed, cigarettes, etc there.
    A couple days later my brother didn't come home for dinner and my mom found him tied to a tree in the neigborhood. He had been there all day.
    Yours truly,
    Rich
    sigpic
    Originally posted by Rigmaster
    you kids get off my lawn.....

Comment

Alright, since I'm not the only kid from the 70's how many of you old guys still have some of those toys? My plan has been to pass them on to my kids if I'm ever so fortunate. Big and little GIJoes, -real- metal Transformers, lots of Star Wars toys, and oh yes... HOT WHEELS! I will find a replacement Thundershift 500 for my kids. The lame crank/battery powered car launchers suck.

I've also got a bunch of toys from when I lived in Japan. Old sentai show toys (like Power Rangers), super heroes like Ultraman and Kamen Rider, and Japanese Star Wars toys. My parents sent home a remote-controlled R2-D2 when Dad separated from the Air Force merely days before Christmas of 1979. They wanted to make sure we had gifts under my grandparents tree. I still have it in it's original box and got it appraised for $1,400 on a Discovery Channel show (that never aired). He's got his own line on my home owners insurance just in case.
      - Sco

Keep Our City CLEAN & SAFE Do Your Part

Comment

I won a regional pog competition once. I got like a $500 gift card to a pog store. The incredible part is i spent it all!
        "We praise or find fault, depending on which of the two provides more opportunity for our powers of judgement to shine."

Comment

Originally posted by Turf1600 View Post
          I won a regional pog competition once. I got like a $500 gift card to a pog store. The incredible part is i spent it all!
          I bet you did, because Pogs were not cheap. I remember spending upwards of like 50 bucks for a huge 500 pog holder tube, some sick brass poison slammers and who knows how many pogs. They were the shit. I think I was in 3rd grade when they were around. Then Yo-yo's were quite the craze when I was in about 5-6th grade.

Comment

I have a Pog with an E30 on it. :shock:

Comment

I still have a couple unpopped sheets of OJ Simpson pogs lol. One set is of him in the courtroom, the other is of his football days. I thought it might have been valuable..
              Originally posted by blunt
              i would jerk larry king off while tonging jflips ass if h0lmes would blow his head off

Comment

Originally posted by stevofthahill View Post
                I bet you did, because Pogs were not cheap. I remember spending upwards of like 50 bucks for a huge 500 pog holder tube, some sick brass poison slammers and who knows how many pogs. They were the shit. I think I was in 3rd grade when they were around. Then Yo-yo's were quite the craze when I was in about 5-6th grade.
                Yeah - I had a bad ass ball bearing yoyo. I kind of want another one to be honest - i miss purple fingertips.
                "We praise or find fault, depending on which of the two provides more opportunity for our powers of judgement to shine."

Comment

I feel lame, I never had any cool toys as a kid. We would spend every day jumping during the summer on the trampoline, with boxing gloves though. Trying to knock the other kid off into the creek, which was a good 10 foot drop. A lot of football, and any year of Madden at the given age. I remember having "John Madden Football" for my Sega, and I Thought Madden '92 was the absolute shit.
                  Originally posted by blunt
                  i would jerk larry king off while tonging jflips ass if h0lmes would blow his head off

Comment

Originally posted by jflip2002 View Post
                    I feel lame, I never had any cool toys as a kid. We would spend every day jumping during the summer on the trampoline, with boxing gloves though. Trying to knock the other kid off into the creek, which was a good 10 foot drop. A lot of football, and any year of Madden at the given age. I remember having "John Madden Football" for my Sega, and I Thought Madden '92 was the absolute shit.
                    I loved my trampoline. I would hop on mine with an old skateboard deck with no wheels - it was a freaking blast. Unfortunately none of it carried over into real skateboarding.

Anyone hacky sack? I have many hours invested into that...

Comment

Originally posted by jflip2002 View Post
                      are you saying a trampoline wasn't a cool toy?! oh man i would have given anything to have a trampoline back in the day, even though whenever i went to friends' houses who had them i'd come back with a sprained ankle and black eyes from playing popcorn and having my knees hit my face.

damn if pogs were so expensive, no wonder my mom and dad never got me any... i felt left out, but i don't blame them.

i spent my summers playing in the creek about a half mile away, playing hide and go seek at night with the neighbors, going to the high school pool for open swim and playing wiffle baseball in the back yard. good times

Comment

oh and our sweet huffy bikes! we would ride in formation around the neighborhood and pretend we were the blue angles.

Comment

I rocked a PK ripper for a long time too - until it got stolen and I started skateboarding.

Comment

Big Wheels. I had a Knight Rider pedal car, CHiPs pedal bike, He-Man figures with Castle of Greyskull, full Voltron kit, And STILL have TONS TONS of Tonka trucks. Not any of that soft waffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswaffles plastic shit. All steel ones that were heavy and if they rusted you could catch Tetanus from. I had a Knight Rider big Wheel. Most of the Transformers that were made of metal and were heavy as shit too since they were metal. You couldnt break our toys if you blew them up. Anyone remember the Hot Wheels that had a panel on the side or front that when hit against a wall, flipped around and revealed a side that was all mashed up and crunched??? I have a BMX Mongoose which I actually used to fucking wash once a week like a car. I have a lego Monorail. Back then ALL legos were hard to build. There was none of this (Ages-3-5, or Ages-10-14) shit. All of them were for all ages. Try bulding a midieval castle at the age of 6. hahaha.

Mariano

2001 Titaniumsilber 540i Sport 6-Speed
                            1990 Diamantschwarz Alpha-N 2.5L ///M3
                            1986 Alpinweiss 325e M50B25 (R.I.P.)

-Talk to me when more sound comes from the induction than from the exhaust...

-Argentina........lo mas grande que hay.

Comment

you guys are all kiddies.

I don't even know WTF Pogs are- some sort of playing card kind of thing.... (don't post up a link, I'm not THAT curious about them).

Vert-I-Bird

Big Wheel- my younger brother got one one year, and we rode the hell out of it- until the front wheel had no center tread left.

Action Jackson

I got a slot car set one year for Xmas that had 2 1963 split window corvettes- 1 red, 1 blue. Wish I still had that thing...

Creepy Crawler oven- I just bought one of these for my 5 year old son for Xmas this year.... I don't remember them when I was young, but they've gone through some popularity cycles over the last 20+ years I think.....

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson View Post
                                I have a Pog with an E30 on it. :shock:

prove me wrong... :)

Comment

Working...
                                X