No announcement yet.

Official Aviation Thread...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Un fortunatly I can not afford to fly so I fake it.

For any of you flight simmers out there Xplane has just lunched there Xplane 10 web site and is taking orders.

For anyone who is un farmiliar with this sim it is well worth a read through their web page, they have done amazing work for this realise and I can not wait to get my hands no it.

The world's most advanced flight simulator is ready for you. Try our free demo for Windows, macOS, & Linux today.

sigpic

Comment

Looks darn good!

-> Afficionados join the M-technic I club

Comment

Originally posted by mtechnik View Post
        Looks darn good!
        Dam right it is.

All the roads come from open street maps so all the roads you see in the game are real roads. All the clouds are real 3d clouds no fake images. All the lights are actual lights not an image.

The Plane moddling is also cool as it actually calculates the lift depending on the design of the wings weight of the plane and so on. The world enviroment is also completely customisable that is why you can actually try you hand at a manuel space shuttle re-entry, I have tried about 20 times and still can't get it right.

Oh and one more thing they have completely over hauled the ATC system and it is amazing the planes act light they are being flowem by real people. It is worth watching the videos on Youtube.
        sigpic

Comment

Sounds great.. now if Microsoft would only start back their FS program.

-> Afficionados join the M-technic I club

Comment

Yeah, I remember doing the shuttle re-entry on the original X-plane back in the day....that and flying around the X-15 was pretty cool. Newest version looks awesome, wish I had more time for something like that!
            e92 M3
            e30 M3 s52 swap
            w203 C240 wagon (DD)
            190e 5.6 swap (in surgery)

Comment

Figured you guys would like this.

Comment

Minus the sound track this was one of lead ins for our safety brief this month.
                Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

FAA readbacks mistakes are on the rise again. We were discussing the Oskosh F16 crash

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Bad day for this guy. Don't get task saturated out there.
                https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Here are some more pics for you guys. I have TONS of pics I can add to this thread.

This isn't your everyday P51D, its a rare H model.

[IMG]https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/315862_2522556789811_1430090650_32945851_148291602 2_n.jpg[/IMG
                  ]

Enjoy,
                  Will
                  '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
                  '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
                  '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
                  '88 BMW M3

Comment

Was that from the event where the Galloping Ghost crashed?

Comment

Originally posted by gkurey View Post
                      Was that from the event where the Galloping Ghost crashed?
                      Yes, and no. Half of the pictures were shot at the Reno air races, but in 2010. They canceled the Unlimited Gold race (the real fast Unlimiteds) due to high winds. We never got to see what the Ghost could really do in terms of speed. The lap leading up to the accident was the fastest the aircraft had ever gone, lap speed about 485 mph, with more to go. The NTSB report has not come out, but the general consensus by those in the know say that it was a freak thing that was totally unavoidable. A P51 has lost an elevator trim tab in the past and gone straight up. The pilot experienced G-out and as the speed bled off at about 10K feet, the pilot came to, got control of the aircraft and safely landed it with no trouble. That plane happens to be the purple and green p51 VooDoo. Jimmy Leeward was an excellent pilot and was not operating the plane outside is design specs. The Galloping Ghost has a longer racing history than just about every other racer there. These two F2G Corsairs are the only other aircraft that remain flyable that competed at the Cleveland National Championship Air Races in the late '40s

They went 1-2 and The Galloping Ghost finished 3rd. Needless to say, GG was not new to air racing. When it was rebuilt 4 years ago, they replaced and inspected pretty much everything. Yes, the wings were clipped shorter than every other p51 out there, however its raced that way since the late '70s.

The air races are truly a special event and are VERY safe. This was the first time in its 48 year history that a spectator has even been injured let alone killed. Soccer games are more dangerous than that. I really hope to be able to see the races return for this year. I will be there if they do.

Galloping Ghost was one of the most beautiful P51s ever built.

Super Corsair and GG together for the first time since the '40s

Here is a link to the history of The Galloping Ghost.

Will
                      Last edited by BlackbirdM3; 01-28-2012, 12:59 PM.
                      '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
                      '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
                      '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
                      '88 BMW M3

Comment

^^^Thanks for that back info.

On a side note...I got selected tailhook for you Navy guys on here...going to Meridian soon!

Comment

^^^Thanks for that back info.

On a side note...I got selected tailhook for you Navy guys on here...going to Meridian soon!

Congrats dude, Merids was a good time, as long as you didn't stick around on the weekends :) It's a challenging syllabus, but definitely worth it
                          e92 M3
                          e30 M3 s52 swap
                          w203 C240 wagon (DD)

Comment

Thanks! Meridian seems OK, definitely an upgrade from Milton, haha! I hear its tough and trying...we'll see how it goes when I class up in April. Centrifuge in early march...good thing about the T-6 is that I've already pulled 6+ g's a few times for a few seconds so I've been in the ballpark, but I've heard the centrifuge is still pretty brutal, lol.

Comment

Thanks! Meridian seems OK, definitely an upgrade from Milton, haha! I hear its tough and trying...we'll see how it goes when I class up in April. Centrifuge in early march...good thing about the T-6 is that I've already pulled 6+ g's a few times for a few seconds so I've been in the ballpark, but I've heard the centrifuge is still pretty brutal, lol.
                              yeah the 'fuge sucks. Way worse than anything I've ever done in the -45 or the Hornet. The onset is worse, and the G's are straight into your face, rather than being down your spine like they are in the jet (which is better). I walked out with g measles all over my body, and all the pooled blood in my joints made me feel like I had arthritis for a day or so afterwards. I'll occasionally get g measles on my forearms after a BFM hop, but generally, it is much less uncomfortable in the real thing as you probably know. I'd also say that the -45 is probably the most uncomfortable jet you will fly in BFM, as it just arcs forever in a break turn, and doesn't bleed off airspeed so you are sitting at 6-7 G's for just about forever, while struggling with terrible rearward visibility. In the Hornet, if you max perform to the load limit and hold it for more than a few seconds, you will literally be staring at 48 kts in the HUD (basically 0 airspeed), so in general, the G's are a lot less fighting it than in jet trainers with slick aerodynamics and higher wing loading.
                              e92 M3
                              e30 M3 s52 swap
                              w203 C240 wagon (DD)

Comment

Working...
                              X