No announcement yet.

Official Aviation Thread...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can always PM me and I can get you on no problem.

As far as any airshows, probably not till Spring time, but we'll be the first to know since we have to prep the planes beforehand. I have no problem updating here or PMing you when I get word of an airshow.

There are a number of the KC-10's assigned to Travis, something like eight of them. Once we start getting our M models, that unmistakable scream that is the C-5 will be gone. Trust me, as annoying as it is hearing it all the time, it's incredibly unique. Haha.

WTB NorCal: Z4 shifter + misc. parts

Comment

I just stumbled across this.

I found a video where Brian Shul talks about this in person.
      Explore a wide range of natural wellness products, vape and chewing tobacco alternatives at Chill. Find the perfect alternative for you today!

Will
      '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
      '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
      '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
      '88 BMW M3

Comment

Originally posted by Albuquerque30 View Post
        You can always PM me and I can get you on no problem.

As far as any airshows, probably not till Spring time, but we'll be the first to know since we have to prep the planes beforehand. I have no problem updating here or PMing you when I get word of an airshow.

There are a number of the KC-10's assigned to Travis, something like eight of them. Once we start getting our M models, that unmistakable scream that is the C-5 will be gone. Trust me, as annoying as it is hearing it all the time, it's incredibly unique. Haha.
        Sounds good. I'll get ahold of you when I find an open day on the weekend.

Onto another topic, I came across this, its worth a watch.

It took 5 years to complete but de Havilland Mosquito KA114 is now flying!Aeromediagroup sent Scott Slocum to New Zealand to capture this magnificent restora...

I think this Mosquito is on its way to the US so perhaps some of us will get to see it.

Will
        '88 BMW M3

Comment

Qualified at the ship! Only was able to come away with a few pics...It was an amazing experience.

Comment

No video?

[QUOTE=gkurey;3591055]Qualified at the ship! Only was able to come away with a few pics...It was an amazing experience.

Congratulations! You're officially a Bad-ass.:D
            grain of salt:p

http://https://youtu.be/H8gOAzYchAE:ot:

Comment

Congrats!

Attached Files

Comment

Nice boat stache dude. Congrats, was that on the Bush?
                e92 M3
                e30 M3 s52 swap
                w203 C240 wagon (DD)
                190e 5.6 swap (in surgery)

Comment

Congrats! I'd love to experience both a carrier landing and a cat launch. I'll bet both are their own thrill. The landing where you go from fast to slow in a heart beat (assuming you catch the wire), and the launch you go from 0 to flying in a heartbeat. Sounds like fun to me.

Will
                  '88 BMW M3

Comment

Thanks dudes...yeah it was on the Bush! A small part of me wanted to keep the stache but I didn't wanna be that guy, haha. Key West was a good time, too!

BlackbirdM3, they are both awesome...cat shot takes the cake!

Comment

congrats. a few of my friends went down there to support y'all. Where are you headed next?
                      sigpic89 M3

Comment

Originally posted by gkurey View Post
                        Thanks dudes...yeah it was on the Bush! A small part of me wanted to keep the stache but I didn't wanna be that guy, haha. Key West was a good time, too!

BlackbirdM3, they are both awesome...cat shot takes the cake!
                        Cool, that's my home away from home.....hope you treated her well. Keeping the stache is a really great idea if you don't like girls hanging around :) Most awkward time ever was living in San Diego during the month and a half leading up to my RAG CQ @ -101. Pretty sure socal just thought I was a molester.

And yes, KW is the other God's country (following SD of course). We had a hail and bail at the XO's house on a Thursday as Hurricane Sandy was looming off the coast of FL/GA. Got a text from the opso the next morning at 8:00 am as I was sipping my coffee at home planning to roll in a little later than usual...."can you take a jet to key west and how soon?" Why yes I can.....when will the jets be ready? Got packed in 20 mins, did about 4 minutes of "flight planning", walked, and about an hour later 3 JO's (yours truly included) blasted off with the 3 flyable jets on the line, and were touching down at Boca Chica 4 hrs later after a pizza stop in Pcola. Checked into the hotel, and we were on Duvall st for Fantasy Fest probably before the wives even got our calls that we were gone, they have the fort for the hurricane, and we will see them in 2 weeks (we were already doing A/A SFARP there starting the following wed). Best "early det" ever......we pretty much drank our faces off for 5 straight days without anyone to answer to (whole sqdn was in VA Beach until Wed). Such was my first introduction to KW :)
                        e92 M3
                        e30 M3 s52 swap
                        w203 C240 wagon (DD)
                        190e 5.6 swap (in surgery)

Comment

Originally posted by Ral View Post
                          congrats. a few of my friends went down there to support y'all. Where are you headed next?
                          Thanks! I talked to one of the cod guys for a bit...he had a lot of good stuff to say. I'm heading on to Corpus for multi! Moving next week...You all done with the rag?

FLYNAVY, sounds like an awesome time!! This has been my second trip to KW with the Navy...looking forward to any more I can get.

Comment

[QUOTE=gkurey;3593897]Thanks! I talked to one of the cod guys for a bit...he had a lot of good stuff to say. I'm heading on to Corpus for multi! Moving next week...You all done with the rag?

Do you remember who it was? Also, I'm about to re-deploy with the Ike. Shame what happened to the Truman.

When you get to Corpus, check out a new place called Sparrow's Landing, in Flour Bluff. (it'll be hard to miss, it's right off the only freeway in corpus.) a friend of mine opened it when he got out of the Coast Guard and a few other old friends help run it. Specifically, say hi to Josiah and Jordan for me.

Put up with the P-3 dudes in corpus and stick it out, there's no other way to say it. There's a lot of Primary-type bullshit to deal with, and the concepts of instrument flying they try to teach you will be both super easy and maddenly tedious at the same time. It's over quickly, thankfully, and then you get back to "sort of" carrier aviation at the RAG dealing with unwinged NFOs.

Lastly, break kneecaps or whatever you have to to get CODs. (seriously- the class behind me, one dude offered $25,000 for a COD spot and no one took it. No one.)
                            sigpic89 M3

Comment

Glad to see some familiar joys. Crash and Rescue NASMER. That was back in the day of T-2s, A-4s and the Trojan. VT9, VT7 and I forget the other. VT19?

Great times with the Austin Healey 3000 in the middle of truck country.

You boys do us pround!

Comment

Came across this relic last time I was in Khandhar. These are ancient.
                                https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Working...
                                X